Shane45

NJGF Top Shot

I suck equally with handgun, shotgun, and rifle... and I'd probably accidentally shoot myself if a bow is involved.. so, I'm game :)

Dude, your excellent with all 3, give yourself some credit.

btw, i'm in

This would be fun, some of the challenges they came up with were interesting, and the zip line was the best.

I do not own a pistol and have not shot one in a long time, but I am also not arrogant like the last one kicked out.

I would take a shot at being part of it.

I don't think anyone wants to make this into a pissing match with tons of rules etc. IMHO, run what you brung AND HAVE FUN. I don't have much to lose shooting with a $500 taurus pt 99 knock off and a $145 mosin nagant. Wouldn't it be funny if I outshot someone using weapons many times more expensive? HA! A lot of it is the nut behind the gun.

It's not that complicated. I'll shoot my sub $1000 STI against your Les Baer or Wilson. Do it all the time. Iron sites vs iron sites. Optics shoot separately. It's easy. AR carbine has advantages at close range but your not going to shoot it against a 6mm Norma BR.

We'll work it out. No problem.

Remember it's not the arrow, it's the Indian.

I think KISS will be the way to proceed. (Keep It Simple Stupid). I like the idea of run what ya brung because it might just show someone you spent to much, or to little! But MOST OF ALL WE NEED TO KEEP IT FOCUSED ON FUN AND FRIENDS! Not using your own weapon can just as easily become an advantage for some. If I got stuck shooting a 1911, well thats like throwing Brer rabbit into the briar patch. I think we should do a little of both. Line up, ready, shoot. OK now swap with the guy to your left! :twisted: Add the two scores. I do believe we need to keep somewhat apples to apples unless the shooter WANTS to shoot something specific that would possibly be a disadvantage. What I mean is Auto's with Auto's, wheel guns with wheel guns etc etc.

Just thinking out loud....