johnisme

uggghh.... Women

feel sorry for belittling her irrational and illogical thought processes.

:shock: It's an EMOTIONAL thought process. If that escapes you, you are dead. There is no help for you.

Do not attempt to apply logic to emotion. The end result is either an argument or tears. Either way, you don't "win".

:shock: It's an EMOTIONAL thought process. If that escapes you, you are dead. There is no help for you.

Do not attempt to apply logic to emotion. The end result is either an argument or tears. Either way, you don't "win".

Emotions are both irrational and illogical... especially when applied to a thought or decision process.

Sounds like the original poster has the wrong female; that's too bad--it happens, unfortunately. Probably best to just keep looking. I just got into shooting a couple years ago, and took my wife with me to the NRA course that started it all. (She said, "If there's going to be a gun in the house, I want to know how to handle it.") She never thought she'd ever like or want to shoot. Surprise--she loved it ("It's empowering!") Now we go to the range together, and she shoots better than I do (and we have a lot more than just A gun in the house!)

Emotions are both irrational and illogical... especially when applied to a thought or decision process.

Its highly illogical..but you can always try this

SpockHer.jpg

Sounds like the original poster has the wrong female; that's too bad--it happens, unfortunately. Probably best to just keep looking. I just got into shooting a couple years ago, and took my wife with me to the NRA course that started it all. (She said, "If there's going to be a gun in the house, I want to know how to handle it.") She never thought she'd ever like or want to shoot. Surprise--she loved it ("It's empowering!") Now we go to the range together, and she shoots better than I do (and we have a lot more than just A gun in the house!)

My experience is the same as jokerman's. When I decided to learn how to shoot, my wife said something similar. We both took the NRA basic course together, and applied for our FIDs. We started shooting together, and she enjoys it. OK - not as much as *I* do, but I doubt that is even possible. :-)

My girl was giving me crap for heading to the range after work, turned into a full knock down drag out argument. My point was that 99% of the girls I know do not have hobbies. I go fishing, ride my harley, amateur garden, build random things out of wood, play my xbox, and I am on a bowling and softball team and collect firearms. She (and most girls I know or have dated) don't really do much or latch on to something I am doing. Any thoughts on why?

Two things:

1. You haven't included her in your hobbies, or done a good job of doing so.

2. She probably does have hobbies, but you don't pay attention or realize it.

Either way, you're toast. Even if you win the argument, you lost, because by winning through logic and rational thought, you acted like a big meanie, and now you'll feel sorry for belittling her irrational and illogical thought processes.

Way to blame the guy immediately. This seems to be the norm these days though. Sad state of affairs for men

My girl was giving me crap for heading to the range after work, turned into a full knock down drag out argument. My point was that 99% of the girls I know do not have hobbies. I go fishing, ride my harley, amateur garden, build random things out of wood, play my xbox, and I am on a bowling and softball team and collect firearms. She (and most girls I know or have dated) don't really do much or latch on to something I am doing. Any thoughts on why?

Two things:

1. You haven't included her in your hobbies, or done a good job of doing so.

2. She probably does have hobbies, but you don't pay attention or realize it.

Either way, you're toast. Even if you win the argument, you lost, because by winning through logic and rational thought, you acted like a big meanie, and now you'll feel sorry for belittling her irrational and illogical thought processes.

Way to blame the guy immediately. This seems to be the norm these days though. Sad state of affairs for men

Used to be you could sock her in the face and make her get you a drink too... sad how times have changed.

Used to be you could sock her in the face and make her get you a drink too... sad how times have changed.

Way to take it to the extreme right away. Of course there is no area in between. Be realistic dude. I know your name is devilsadvocate but cmon.

As far as I am concerned men get the short end of the stick in todays world. Especially white men. If anyone cant see it coming I feel sorry for them. Turn on the TV and how are men shown? As bumbling nitwits, overgrown children, annoying creeps, submissive, always wrong and anything but good, strong and capable. Women are allowed to have an IQ over 50, and are usually shown as the rightly dominant one in any relationship. King of Queens, Everybody loves Raymond, The Simpsons, Family Guy, 2 and a Half Men and thats just to name a few.

You see this especially in ads. The men are invariably balding and pot-bellied average Joes who have miraculously landed a gorgeous younger woman. The guys are then portrayed as idiots.

Talk shows are full of man bashing. Dr.Phil has made a career of it. Every time I see a talk show the guy is in the wrong and being blamed for the problems.

Look at the divorce and child custody laws and cases, They guy gets screwed 99.9% of the time.

More women are graduating college right now then men. How do you think thats gonna play out in 10 years or so??

My point is that in todays world society seems to blame the guy right away, its accepted. Saw a guy buying flowers the other day at the food store. The cashier says to him "What did you do wrong" Are you fucking kidding me? This lady didnt even know the guy and automatically assumes the guy did something wrong to his wife or girlfriend. Secondly she had the audacity to say that to him. I would have told her to stuff it up her ass.

Like I said, sad state of affairs these days for men, and it has nothing to do with smacking them and telling them to make us drinks.

Pretty much from what you guys are saying I need to find another girl haha I tried to include her in what I do, suggest she do something of her own, sacrificed doing things with my friends and some hobbies I have to make her happy, pretty much none of it satisfies her. There are plenty of fish in the sea I guess, but she is quite hot (she is on the left)

Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser!

a27e91c893eecc8b5ef86880beaeff3dgb7.jpg

Pretty much from what you guys are saying I need to find another girl haha I tried to include her in what I do, suggest she do something of her own, sacrificed doing things with my friends and some hobbies I have to make her happy, pretty much none of it satisfies her. There are plenty of fish in the sea I guess, but she is quite hot (she is on the left)

Could be the hottest woman in the world but she doesn't seem like a good fit for you so shes gotta go. In my experience the hotter a chick is, the less hobbies/interests she has. Beautiful women rarely have beatiful personalities. Why you ask? Because they don't need to. They get by every day on their looks. Life is very easy for a beautiful woman. They get to cut people in line, they get out of tickets, they have mens attention all the time. Thats why she can't handle you not giving her all the attention she wants and is used to.

Becaue all women are crazy, ALL OF THEM!

+ 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Way to take it to the extreme right away. Of course there is no area in between. Be realistic dude. I know your name is devilsadvocate but cmon.

As far as I am concerned men get the short end of the stick in todays world. Especially white men. If anyone cant see it coming I feel sorry for them. Turn on the TV and how are men shown? As bumbling nitwits, overgrown children, annoying creeps, submissive, always wrong and anything but good, strong and capable. Women are allowed to have an IQ over 50, and are usually shown as the rightly dominant one in any relationship. King of Queens, Everybody loves Raymond, The Simpsons, Family Guy, 2 and a Half Men and thats just to name a few.

You see this especially in ads. The men are invariably balding and pot-bellied average Joes who have miraculously landed a gorgeous younger woman. The guys are then portrayed as idiots.

Talk shows are full of man bashing. Dr.Phil has made a career of it. Every time I see a talk show the guy is in the wrong and being blamed for the problems.

Look at the divorce and child custody laws and cases, They guy gets screwed 99.9% of the time.

More women are graduating college right now then men. How do you think thats gonna play out in 10 years or so??

My point is that in todays world society seems to blame the guy right away, its accepted. Saw a guy buying flowers the other day at the food store. The cashier says to him "What did you do wrong" Are you friggin kidding me? This lady didnt even know the guy and automatically assumes the guy did something wrong to his wife or girlfriend. Secondly she had the audacity to say that to him. I would have told her to stuff it up her a**.

Like I said, sad state of affairs these days for men, and it has nothing to do with smacking them and telling them to make us drinks.

All I meant to convey is that sometimes, change can be good. What was acceptable in the past is no longer so as times have changed.

And let's face it... the little blame men get today PALES in comparison to the harsh treatment women received for the last... how long ago did we evolve?

the little blame men get today PALES in comparison to the harsh treatment women received

I have a problem with this mentality. I have done nothing wrong. I deserve no blame.

To bunch me in with a bunch of Neanderthals who went before me does nothing to further any cause.

the little blame men get today PALES in comparison to the harsh treatment women received

I have a problem with this mentality. I have done nothing wrong. I deserve no blame.

To bunch me in with a bunch of Neanderthals who went before me does nothing to further any cause.

I agree with you 100% I have done nothing wrong. Just like I have never owned slaves and have never met any blacks who were slaves. We should not have to pay for the wrongdoings of the people before us. Just like a 20 year old black dude doesn't deserve reperations and shouldn't blame his failures in life on slavery. We should all worry about living in the now.

I ain't blaming anyone. Just times' are a changin'. What little crap we have to deal with as men is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

What little crap we have to deal with as men is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

On the contrary - the crap we have to deal with forms our general outlook on life. Some rise to the challenge, others develop an entitlement mentality.

And some become bitter old men.

(Yes DA - I like to disagree with you) :D

What little crap we have to deal with as men is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

On the contrary - the crap we have to deal with forms our general outlook on life. Some rise to the challenge, others develop an entitlement mentality.

Like what? Most of the problems people face are actually self-fabricated. I mean, as a man, what is so much harder for you now?

Like what? Most of the problems people face are actually self-fabricated. I mean, as a man, what is so much harder for you now?

Do you not agree with how men are portrayed?

You have too many hobbies and no time for her?

I spend tons of time with her, but she wants me to spend every free second I have hanging out with her. The world is a huge fun interesting place, I can take a few hours a week to explore haha

I usually ask my gf something like, "Why the Eff are you so clingy?" Her response "I'm sorry I'm getting my period next week." If this happens all the time I suggest you do what you want to do and invite her to come along. If she says no then by no means are you obligated to sit and watch the Bachelor. My woman watches Desperate Housewives. I watch Top Shot and Holmes on Homes. We watch Pawn Stars and The Penguins of Madagascar (that show is funny as hell)

We both like going to the movies so we alternate picking the movie. Her movie picks generally suck so if it's a mutually enjoyed movie I don't count it as my pick. A horrendous pick or a Twilight movie count as two picks.

My advice is to find a chick with a sense of humor. I was driving one winter day and asked her to grab my leather gloves that she named the "choke-a-bitch gloves".

Me: Hey can you grab my gloves on the backseat?

Her: Oh no not the choke-a-bitch gloves. I don't like this. I'm the only bitch in the car!

Obviously I would never physically harm her which makes that so funny.

Try and find out her hobbies. I'm kind of at the same point though. She has no hobbies and actually brought that up to me last week. I ordered a .22 conversion kit for my AR and we're joining an outdoor range so we can shoot silhouette (so she gets a tan and stops bothering me about that). We then made a list of things to do that we can do on weekends. Each make a list and try and find common ground. If she puts a bunch of crap you wouldn't want to do maybe she can make a hobby out of some of her activities that she lists.

I know this might sound strange... Does she have a job or actively pursue finding employment if she doesn't?

[

I usually ask my gf something like, "Why the Eff are you so clingy?" Her response "I'm sorry I'm getting my period next week." If this happens all the time I suggest you do what you want to do and invite her to come along. If she says no then by no means are you obligated to sit and watch the Bachelor. My woman watches Desperate Housewives. I watch Top Shot and Holmes on Homes. We watch Pawn Stars and The Penguins of Madagascar (that show is funny as hell)

We both like going to the movies so we alternate picking the movie. Her movie picks generally suck so if it's a mutually enjoyed movie I don't count it as my pick. A horrendous pick or a Twilight movie count as two picks.

My advice is to find a chick with a sense of humor. I was driving one winter day and asked her to grab my leather gloves that she named the "choke-a-**** gloves".

Me: Hey can you grab my gloves on the backseat?

Her: Oh no not the choke-a-**** gloves. I don't like this. I'm the only **** in the car!

Obviously I would never physically harm her which makes that so funny.

Try and find out her hobbies. I'm kind of at the same point though. She has no hobbies and actually brought that up to me last week. I ordered a .22 conversion kit for my AR and we're joining an outdoor range so we can shoot silhouette (so she gets a tan and stops bothering me about that). We then made a list of things to do that we can do on weekends. Each make a list and try and find common ground. If she puts a bunch of crap you wouldn't want to do maybe she can make a hobby out of some of her activities that she lists.

I know this might sound strange... Does she have a job or actively pursue finding employment if she doesn't?

Cute and Cuddly boys...... Cute and Cuddly.

Just remember....when you get married you are taking an oath. You are legislating an emotion. How can anybody possibly promise to love somebody 3 decades in the future?

If she is giving you crap now, how could you possibly believe that it's going to get better later? Where do you think the honey-do list comes from. It comes from the priorities women set as to what is important.

If she wants a hobby teach her to spackle.

Mmmm, baking, I wish my wife would bake more---My wife is not high maintenance, has hobbies of her own, and we share one (running) she thinks the motorcycles are cool, and I think is somewhat amused by the gun thing. To her it's a guy thing, like shoes or getting nails done, or expensive purses and stuff like that, for women. She has no desire to stop by the range & try it out, although I keep asking :) She is happy I have male-oriented hobbies and not gay stuff like fashions or talking about my feelings :roll: . She does watch those silly-arse reality shows on TV, in fact the Batchelorette was on last night and I usually walk thru whilst she is watching it to rank on the girl or guys. If you and her are in your 20s, just dump her if she is a PITA, if you change to suit her, she will hate you for it down the road, if you don't she will hate you for not trying. I was married to one of those once many years ago :oops: