matt6669

30 Minutes and Counting. The CMP TRIP

My ass is going to be sleeping Sunday morning!!

And I don't even want to know what the news would label my car as if I got pulled over on the way home. There is 3 of us going, my poor car is gonna be on the bump stops on the way home!

CMP trip?

Civilian Marksmanship Program -

The4y have a North and South headquarters where you can pick up a military surplus M1 Garand. I had mine shipped to me, but Matt is going to get a hand-picked one.

Well we are at exit 147 in snow shoe Pennsylvania at a diner with .gun ads in the place mats. Eric has been acting like a 4 yr old with down syndrome hanging out the window to get truckers to honk their horn.

All you pussies who wimped out are missing out on an amazing adventure.

Update at next stop.

Third people in the door and Omg this place is amazing holy crap. The guys at the counter are the most amazing people I've ever met in my life.

I wish I had more money bc they had some amazing correct grades.

Definitely a trip everyone should make without a doubt.

Here are some pics so far, no pics yet of the rifles individually. I picked up a couple CHERRY Garands. I picked up a M1D sniper that was made in August of 1941(PRE WAR!!!!) with a muzzle wear of .25!!!! and a throat erosion of about 1. The guy behind the counter actually said it was the best barrel on an M1D that he has seen so far. I also picked up a plane Jane springfield that was made in June of 1942 with original barrel that gauged at 1 and 1.5 and lastly I picked up a 1956 Springfield that was in amazing condition that gauged .75 and 1.5. I gotta say that the store is AWESOME and well worth the trip. All of my rifles were service grades and look PERFECT!! Cant wait to get some de-cosmo'd pics up.

DSC00513.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

Matt has the nice pictures, so hopefully he puts em up soon!

Here's better pictures of the final result. I had planned on taking pictures of the actual trip except I ended up driving both ways the whole time so my camera finger was stuck driving.

What an amazing trip, would do it again in a heart beat but spread the driving out a little bit. A thousand miles in 26 hours with 4 hours of shopping in the middle is a bit too much. But we still had a blast!!!

M

DSC_0490.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg