Ray Ray

North meets Central meets South!

Also had a great time at Matsori's? It wasn't so much about the shooting as it is with the chatting, trash-talking, and friendships that we make here. I'm glad I can just help out.

seeing these pics makes me want to step my game up

i feel so underarmed

looks like fun

i wanted to go but didn't get up early enough to meet up with you guys

just ended up going to bullet hole

Wow, what a day. Out the door at 5:45, and back in at 8:30, and worth every damn minute.

A huge shout out to Ray and Chris for pulling this together. I wasn't involved in the Central Jersey clusterfrack, but based on what people said about that, this was the absolute opposite.

Dix is an outstanding facility. Plenty of room, safe and way more flexible than Cherry Ridge, with real trap and skeet fields. If I I lived sown south, I'd be there all the time.

Lets see, what stands out about today... in no particular order

The turnout was great. If I had to guess, I'd say at least 2 dozen people showed, but there may have been more

The assortnemt of guns was mind boggling. Every flavor of EBR, shotguns, probably 40 or 50 different handguns, milsurps, sporting rifles, Christ, eveything. Friggin' outrageous.

Tim had 2 really nice rifles. A 22 lever with the shortest action I've ever seen. Probably not more than a 30 degree throw to load a new round. and a super nice lever .357 with a heavy octagonal barrel. Looked and felt like a Henry, but I don't think it was.

There was an AR pistol that I didn't shoot, but it was very popular.

Colin picked up a really nice single shot 12 ga. for trap. Light, accurate and easy to swing. Have fun with it, man.

The Smith revolver was just gorgeous. I apologize, Ray, for dissing your 686, but after that, well, it's just a 686.

Draw from holster drills are allowed, so that was fun to practice a bit for next week

Popped my skeet cherry (sort of). Didn't shoot formally, but banged around from a couple of the shooting positions. That's a tough game, but big fun when the company is so great. Troy fell into it just fine, and outshot everyone else.

It was great to see people that I've met before, and to place faces with names on a lot new people.

Ray liked my hat.

Dinner company was great. A lot of fun banter and conversation, and the after dinner hangout in the parking lot was fun and enlightening.

All in all, today was a lot of fun, the weather couldn't be better, the facility was fantastic, and the company was outstanding. An event to remember.

Thanks to all who made it such fun.

And pie.

Ken

Tim had 2 really nice rifles. A 22 lever with the shortest action I've ever seen. Probably not more than a 30 degree throw to load a new round. and a super nice lever .357 with a heavy octagonal barrel. Looked and felt like a Henry, but I don't think it was.

Ken

The 357 was a Rossi R92 Cowboy. I was very impressed with it today. glad you liked it.

post-1206-087930200 1288494799_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Ray and Chris for organizing an awesome range day! It was good to see so many of my old buds from the "NJ Blast" days at Range 14 again and making a whole bunch of new friends. I can't wait to do it again.

IMG_1920-1.jpg

IMG_1924-1.jpg

IMG_1928-1.jpg

IMG_1930-1.jpg

IMG_1937-1.jpg

IMG_1945-1.jpg

IMG_1956-1.jpg

IMG_1977-1.jpg

IMG_1980-1.jpg

IMG_1989-1.jpg

Now that the weekend is behind us, I'm rested and mostly recovered from Saturday and the fog of the activity of the day is cleared, I gotta say...

This didn't suck at all!

Again, I just want to say thanks to Ray and Chris for helping this come together as well as it did. I know I had a blast, and it looked like everyone had a good time.

I think this event, and the others that have come together since the forum began, is really what the group is about.

By keeping the group active, and offering a place for people interested in a variety of disciplines to put together events like this, get together and form friendships, we can only grow stronger as a community. And by having events like this, where we can introduce new people to the sport, the NJ shooting community may just survive and grow in spite of everyone who would rather see it shrivel up and blow away.

Nicely done, Maks.

Well said, Ken! I agree - so many of us hadn't tried true Skeet shooting at all before. It's so much tougher than just sporting clays. Such a nice variety of guns to shoot. From old C&R surplus guns to AR's to revolvers, etc. We could never blow up stuff like this at CR or CJRPC.

We HAVE to do this again in the springtime. When does Range 14 go back to their normal schedule? I know they go to a weird schedule during the winter.