nitrospaz9

Reputation?

Reputation is a points based system where users rate your posts. This is done with the + and - buttons on the bottom right hand side of the post. Your overall "reputation" is then the sum of all the positives and negatives together. There is no way for any mod or admin to know who rates what posts how. Main purpose, in the long term, users will be able to see who the posters with value are, as opposed to someone just posting worthless garbage, or wrong information.

• Like 5

Sometimes people here are assholes though. Tosser got a -1 on a good post because some douche didn't like that he wouldn't let people join his 3-gun shoot if they arrived after the safety walkthrough. To any reasonable person, this is a no-brainer. Somebody didn't like it though, and Tosser's rep suffered for it. I gave him a +1 on the post to offset it.

• Like 5

and someone gave lunker a -1 for I don't know what and I just put in a +1 to offset that. it's a good idea to have this "rep" thing - I like it, but one shouldn't be allowed to rate their own posts. and no being a douche either... :angry:

• Like 3

I have also seen a couple posts that have received either negative or positive feedback when it should have gone the other way. However, that is just general opinion. Does anyone else think its a good idea to be able to click on the number and see WHO gave what reputation? I think it would make people a little more honest, and deter members from giving someone a negative rep just for the hell of it. Im game.

• Like 2

On one of the other forums I'm on, they have a reputation system as well.. but when you "approve" or "disapprove" of a post, a little box pops up where you can put in a message. Then the user has a section in their control panel where they can see their +/- and the comments. It's nice to know why you got the +1/-1 and it's also nice to know who gave it to you. Having it be anonymous makes it easy to abuse "the system". Take Maks for example.. he has a 30 reputation, but we all know he sux :icon_razz:

• Like 3

and someone gave lunker a -1 for I don't know what and I just put in a +1 to offset that. it's a good idea to have this "rep" thing - I like it, but one shouldn't be allowed to rate their own posts. and no being a douche either... :angry:

I did! I guess it wasn't funny. Sorry Chris :icon_redface:

This is pretty funny. I really didn't put much thought into what this was (lacking enough brain energy for cognitive thoughts lately). I think it is severely flawed however. I have a positive rating and that just goes to show how flawed this is, because I am the one your parents warned you about. Psst, want some candy?

• Like 1

ooooooooooh, Wojo we're scared... you're sooooo bad

I'm not surprised you have a positive rating... I may have contributed to it... :ph34r:

He didn't deserve it but you did. And you know why "mall ninja"!

I do, I do I've been thinking about it. it takes great effort to control those mall ninja tendencies. it's why I bought that "tactical" belt holster, instead of a IWB one. :icon_e_confused:

and I think there was some very informative post Wojo had that I really liked and I put a +1 on the rep for.

On one of the other forums I'm on, they have a reputation system as well.. but when you "approve" or "disapprove" of a post, a little box pops up where you can put in a message. Then the user has a section in their control panel where they can see their +/- and the comments. It's nice to know why you got the +1/-1 and it's also nice to know who gave it to you. Having it be anonymous makes it easy to abuse "the system". Take Maks for example.. he has a 30 reputation, but we all know he sux :icon_razz:

There you go, +1

I do not like anonymous ratings. I am not here for popularity contest, but I would rather know who has given me a whopping -6 in total, and why. Of course, would also like to know who has given me +'s as well and why.

• Like 2