fliks

The Walking Dead

Well, maybe that's why I usually won't watch a show or movie that's based on an existing book or publication. The problem is that I got hooked on the show before knowing that it was based on a comic book series. Because it does somewhat/sometimes mirror the comics (from what I gather), people have a tendancy to spill information that someone who only watches the show would have no idea about, thus spoiling it down the road. I heard weeks and weeks ago about this Michonne character because of the comic book readers. A normal person watching the show would have no thought or idea that someone like that would be coming along.

See what I'm saying?

.... and to take it a step further, the show has never "named" this person as of yet. It's those who read the comics that "assume" that's who this character is and have told use that it's Michonne.

I cant for the life of me believe that the group didnt have some type of plan in the event they had to leave the farm. A rendezvous point of some sort. Also, they should have had bags (BOBs) pre-packed and ready to go incase of a situation where they didnt have time to pack and prep to leave. OBVIOUSLY

The whole reason Rick is so mad at the end is because he didn't think of any of that. They all fell victim to believing that the farm was invincible and safe.

.... and to take it a step further, the show has never "named" this person as of yet. It's those who read the comics that "assume" that's who this character is and have told use that it's Michonne.

They confirmed the name during Talking Dead last night.

Can someone explain why Lori is so mad at Rick? I mean Jesus he was defending his life. Granted he didn't do the best job of explaining that because he stated "I wanted him gone, I wanted him dead.".....but he was defending himself from someone who had clearly gone off the deep end. You'd think that the woman Shane tried to rape, Lori, would understand that.

I want Herschel's shotgun...what was that like 50 rounds without a reload...sweet!

I knew the guy at the CDC told him they were all infected...just had that feeling

& 100% head shots!

tumblr_m15fkt85DW1qz8qfno1_500.gif

I think the finale was awesome, truly a worthwhile show for me.

Now I did not read the comics, so season 1 was awesome, season 2 sucked, except the finale.

I really hated the slow movement of the season, and bothers me that they do not explore the whole how it started plotline, which I understand they do not in the comics?

I really wish this show discussed about going forward and the big picture, ie, are they all zombies, is there going to be humanity, etc, instead of just the whole "focusing on a group of people and how they interact during a crisis", and zombies were just that crisis.

So for those that read the comics, is the prison the next farm? Are any big questions actually going to be answered? Or more of the same.

Er, let me rephrase. I enjoyed season 1 because it was more like Resident Evil. When I think Zombies, I think entertainment, I don't think serious drama.

So in shooting terms, Season 1 was more USPSA, Season 2 is more IDPA, and the finale is an IDPA match where a stage designer decided to throw up 32 rounds hoser stage. =)

• Like 2

So in shooting terms, Season 1 was more USPSA, Season 2 is more IDPA, and the finale is an IDPA match where a stage designer decided to throw up 32 rounds hoser stage. =)

It's funny you say it that way. I enjoyed both season 2 more than season 1, as well as IDPA more than USPSA. That's probably because of the quality of each. Season two had more to do with character development than just killing zombies, and IDPA is more than just throwing lead down range as fast as possible. Flame suit on :D

I preferred season 2 to season 1, though that's not saying much as I wasn't a huge fan of season 2. I understand the pace that AMC is taking as the focus is at the micro-level, and day-to-day shenanigans are rarely "epic" for most people... similar to the show 'Jericho', which I'm still a huge fan of and am anticipating when they finally make a movie to wrap up the story (sorry for the tangent).

The prison has the potential to really, really spice things up. The continuing device used by the producers and writers in seasons 1 and 2 is to simplify the story by containing the characters to a set back-drop. The campsite and a few shots in Atlanta (virtually the same areas in Atlanta for that matter) in season 1, and pretty much the farm in season 2. I imagine that season 3 will pretty much take place at the prison for its entirety, and that's not necessarily because the graphic novel's story puts a lot of emphasis on this portion (and its character development)-- but because that is the continuing trend by AMC.

As for the prison spicing things up, I think it will add a whole new element as the survivors face a totally new host of characters (I mean, they are going to a prison), and some major plot points have already spilled... so, yea, I think the audience is going to see some type of progression of the broader picture, but I can't say whether its going to be leaps and bounds or just another whisper at some point in season 3. I really can't wait though as I think season 3 will really blow people's minds, given AMC really pushes the envelope.

So details of this prison? Is it actually prisoners or more survivors?

In the graphic novels, its more complicated then this, and I think for the sake of integrity of a spoiler-free story, plus who knows what the producers will do for the show, its probably left best unsaid for now.

In the graphic novels, its more complicated then this, and I think for the sake of integrity of a spoiler-free story, plus who knows what the producers will do for the show, its probably left best unsaid for now.

white it as a spoiler or pm me?

I preferred season 2 to season 1, though that's not saying much as I wasn't a huge fan of season 2. I understand the pace that AMC is taking as the focus is at the micro-level, and day-to-day shenanigans are rarely "epic" for most people... similar to the show 'Jericho', which I'm still a huge fan of and am anticipating when they finally make a movie to wrap up the story (sorry for the tangent).

I loved Jericho too, and I compare it to The Walking Dead all the time. They are both shows set in post apocalyptic situations where the apocalypse is a secondary plot element. The main focus of the shows are how these remaining human beings are reacting and struggling to survive and dealing with the many many problems that come from living through an apocalypse. Jericho really had a lot of fans too judging by the whole 'nuts' situation, can't understand why they just never got the ratings to match it. Really sad it got axed..... twice.

I haven't read the novel but I can see Darryl's brother coming back in the third season and there being a showdown between them. A good vs evil thing. Darryl has slowly been turning to the light side of the force. I think Mearle is going to sway him but he stays a good guy. I think it will be a fight to the death. I bet Mearle has a sword or other sharp instrument where his hand used to be.

I'll say it again. I want every episode to be like dawn of the dead

You're not going to get it with this show. The Walking Dead is not a zombie show, it's a show about how groups of people deal with life after an apocalypse.

• Like 2

I haven't read the novel but I can see Darryl's brother coming back in the third season and there being a showdown between them. A good vs evil thing. Darryl has slowly been turning to the light side of the force. I think Mearle is going to sway him but he stays a good guy. I think it will be a fight to the death. I bet Mearle has a sword or other sharp instrument where his hand used to be.

Darryl and his brother did not come from the comics. They were a product of the show's writers. I guess they have carte blanche to do whatever they want with them.

I loved Jericho too, and I compare it to The Walking Dead all the time. They are both shows set in post apocalyptic situations where the apocalypse is a secondary plot element. The main focus of the shows are how these remaining human beings are reacting and struggling to survive and dealing with the many many problems that come from living through an apocalypse. Jericho really had a lot of fans too judging by the whole 'nuts' situation, can't understand why they just never got the ratings to match it. Really sad it got axed..... twice.

i also loved jericho. what i think hurt it most was the writers strike. it was off the air for over a year, and when it came back, all but the diehard fans forgot about it and moved to something else.

i also loved jericho. what i think hurt it most was the writers strike. it was off the air for over a year, and when it came back, all but the diehard fans forgot about it and moved to something else.

What was this show?