e80hydro

Robbed again

My daughter had her car parked out in front of our house last night from around 7 pm to 8:30 pm. She leaves around 8:30 and finds out hers and her friends pocketbooks were missing. It was unlocked. All they got was my daughters checkbook as she keeps her ID's and stuff on her. Her friend wasn't so lucky. She got her blackberry, all her ID's, credit cards, mothers credit cards ripped. I'm sick and tired of these goddam crackhead thiefs. :mad:

It's pretty disgusting how people steal sh*t. At the same time you can't say they didnt temp who ever stole the stuff. My friend left his Ipod out on his seat in NYC and couldnt believe someone would smash the window to take it, reality check! #1 thefts in my town are car break ins, and 99% of them are unlocked cars. That's probably 80% of all criminal acts in the town too. These petty acts are probably from younger people, teenagers and what not. Low risk high reward. The cars unlocked snatch and run, the cars locked move on.

I am guilty of not locking **** up. i never lock my vehiclees and have been doing this forever.. even leave the dam keys in the ignition..something i have been trying to relearn the last year or so..

Same here. When I moved to NJ from Brooklyn, years went by that I never locked up the cars or the house. A few years ago, a couple of dollars in loose change and some other stuff was grabbed out of my car while it was parked in my driveway.

Since then, everything gets locked up or brought inside.

Sucks.

hindsight.jpg

I'm just saying - don't leave anything in the car. Don't leave it unlocked. If you have to leave something, leave it out of sight. My car automatically locks after 30 seconds too.

I never leave any valubles in my truck. I take them with me in my european carry all.

Same here. When I moved to NJ from Brooklyn, years went by that I never locked up the cars or the house. A few years ago, a couple of dollars in loose change and some other some stuff was grabbed out of my car while it was parked in my driveway.

Since then, everything gets locked up or brought inside.

Sucks.

Similar situation for me. I never locked my vehicles. 3 years ago someone stole my GPS and my XM radio(useless you idiots). Now everything gets locked. At least if they break a window, I've got a good shot at catching them.

I am guilty of not locking **** up. i never lock my vehiclees and have been doing this forever.. even leave the dam keys in the ignition..something i have been trying to relearn the last year or so..

I'd only do that with a car if I was underwater on the loan. ;)

Kidding & Hindsight aside yea it sucks getting robbed, but it just shows you have to lock your doors. Getting their crap stolen was bad, but it could have been worse. What if someone was hiding in the backseat? Call me paranoid, but when I park at the mall I avoid all corners, scan my surrounding area, check the backseat, look around my car and surrounding cars for someone waiting to surprise me.

Similar situation for me. I never locked my vehicles. 3 years ago someone stole my GPS and my XM radio(useless you idiots). Now everything gets locked. At least if they break a window, I've got a good shot at catching them. I've got a good catch at shooting them.

Fixed that for you Mark. ;)

I take the train to work everyday. The other day I threw an empty backpack in the pickup truck bed, and shut the cap. Sometime during the day, someone broke the rear window on the cap, grabbed the empty pack and rifled it. Then dropped the pack on the ground.

This happened in Haddonfield, one of the nicest and "safest" places in S. Jersey.

What really pisses me off... the cap was unlocked! Shitehead could have just twisted the nob.

Little did he know the bag was more expensive then the entire truck. It is an old Gregory day and a half back I have had since 1990! I love that old bag and would have really been pissed if it was stolen.

I am VERY neurotic about locking up and do it all the time and have passed this onto my children. It is easy for teens to have no intention at all then while walking by a car, pull on the handle and the door opens and all "nice intentions" are gone. That's all it takes...

So lock up even if you are in the middle of Nebraska in the middle of a 45" blizzard. It's too easy to lock the doors and that's why they [locks] are there. We live in a world where people's consciences are not what they used to be.

My car is ALWAYS locked. I drive a two door car w/ a back seat, and my back windows were tinted DARK when I bought the car. I still hide things in the back seat, either behind the seat with the seat tilted back, or under a blanket. It takes 5 extra seconds, and can save a world of headache.

Fixed that for you Mark. ;)

Funny you say that...when the deputy came by for the first time, he mentioned that he wouldn't have any problem if you held someone at gunpoint.

Granted, shooting them wouldn't be appropriate but a little fear never hurt.

FYI:

2C:15-1 Robbery

a. Robbery defined. A person is guilty of robbery if, in the course of committing a theft, he:

(1) Inflicts bodily injury or uses force upon another; or

(2) Threatens another with or purposely puts him in fear of immediate bodily injury; or

(3) Commits or threatens immediately to commit any crime of the first or second degree.

An act shall be deemed to be included in the phrase "in the course of committing a theft" if it occurs in an attempt to commit theft or in immediate flight after the attempt or commission.

2C:18-2 Burglary

a. Burglary defined. A person is guilty of burglary if, with purpose to commit an offense therein or thereon he:

(1) Enters a research facility, structure, or a separately secured or occupied portion thereof unless the structure was at the time open to the public or the actor is licensed or privileged to enter;

(2) Surreptitiously remains in a research facility, structure, or a separately secured or occupied portion thereof knowing that he is not licensed or privileged to do so; or

(3) Trespasses in or upon utility company property where public notice prohibiting trespass is given by conspicuous posting, or fencing or other enclosure manifestly designed to exclude intruders.

• Like 3

If you guys want to leave your car running, either carry a 2nd key or use a remote starter. My alarm has a remote start and I use that in case I want to keep the car running.

my truck has remote start and i have done that..

the ss does not but i dont leave that one unlocked.. weird how that works eh..

The cops caught the little bastard!

My daughter got a call yesterday from a detective from our PD. They found one of her friends bank cards in a search of a kids car during a motor vehicle stop. He lives 2 streets over from us. He's being held on $35,000.00 bail.

The cops caught the little bastard!

My daughter got a call yesterday from a detective from our PD. They found one of her friends bank cards in a search of a kids car during a motor vehicle stop. He lives 2 streets over from us. He's being held on $35,000.00 bail.

maybe you should post bail for the little scumbag.. and give him a ride home.. could you imagine his face.. "come on you are going home.. your bail has been posted.." he would be all excited.. then as he walks out the front door you are the first person he sees..

maybe you should post bail for the little scumbag.. and give him a ride home.. could you imagine his face.. "come on you are going home.. your bail has been posted.." he would be all excited.. then as he walks out the front door you are the first person he sees..

.... With a shotgun :D

:icon_lol::icon_lol: