Hunter19XX

Hey Everyone!

Been looking around the site for a while and I figured I'd get more out of it if I joined myself lol. Love to go shooting with family and friends, personally take handguns over long guns but love to shoot them all. I want to get my permit soon but not sure if my couple encounters with Johnny Law will screw things up for me (3 tickets:speeding, reckless driving, and fleeing the scene of an accident, not all at the same time mind you) Guess that's all for now, hope to chat with you guys some more soon.

Been looking around the site for a while and I figured I'd get more out of it if I joined myself lol. Love to go shooting with family and friends, personally take handguns over long guns but love to shoot them all. I want to get my permit soon but not sure if my couple encounters with Johnny Law will screw things up for me (3 tickets:speeding, reckless driving, and fleeing the scene of an accident, not all at the same time mind you) Guess that's all for now, hope to chat with you guys some more soon.

I have a pretty poor driving record but had no problems acquiring fid/permits

Oh and welcome

Hi, Welcome.

The fleeing thing is a big red flag but I'm not sure they can disqualify you for that other than at the Chief's discretion. Of course, if all that happened within a week, and it was last week, expect to be denied.

The fleeing and the reckless happened at the same time last January and the speeding later than that, you think I should worry? Plus, I figure I'd ask you guys before I go look like a fool, what am I looking at as far as any fees and what-not that I have to pay when I go to fill out the paperwork, and what should I bring with me? When I go I want this to move as smooth as possible from my end. Thanks again guys!

Welcome to the forum from the Jersey Shore.

Some towns make this an easy, smooth process and some are a real pain in the butt. So it depends on where you live. if we knew the town, we might be able to share our experiences. At any rate, good luck with the process.

Welcome. I'm from Carteret and I'm in the middle of the application process still so I can tell you what to expect. I don't know how the tickets will play into it though because I don't have any.

But first you have to make an appointment with

Identification Bureau

Det. Douglas Kopin

He is extremely hard to reach so good luck. Went there with high hopes when I decided I wanted to apply only to find out he wasn't in that day (march 29th last year) and was given a number to call.. and call.. and call. Friend bumped into him in the park for ethnic day and finally I got my appointment for sept 8th. He took http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sts-033.pdf that form that day and told me they dont do prints onsite anymore and made me go through https://www.bioapplicant.com/nj/Default.aspx to get printed. They were booked for a while I had to wait 2 weeks til I got printed. December 3rd my references finally got their letters. Still waiting today. He told me not to worry about the money for the background check or any of that stuff til after this was done with so the next time I get in touch with him I plan on finding out more. No idea when that will be though.