usnmars

Glad to see the body scanners work

My link

It ends up that an undercover TSA agent got through a body scanner with a gun. Now doesn't that make you feel so safe. As if these things weren't a huge waste of money to begin with, they dont even stop the stuff that they are looking for. I am so proud of the Govt! YAY!!!! how much did these things cost anyway? It is because they are so afraid of offending someone that they would rather pat down grandpa with a cane than the guy that is obviously middle eastern. I know that is profiling, but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do.

The machines are only as good as the officers using them. The urban populations that equal an oppertunity inclined politacally correct agency might hire do not provide the most dedicated, experianced motivated work force one might desire in a security agency. Just a theory. Also like any technology they can be fooled. The TSA testers also get paid to get through.

TC

• Like 1

My link

It ends up that an undercover TSA agent got through a body scanner with a gun. Now doesn't that make you feel so safe. As if these things weren't a huge waste of money to begin with, they dont even stop the stuff that they are looking for. I am so proud of the Govt! YAY!!!! how much did these things cost anyway? It is because they are so afraid of offending someone that they would rather pat down grandpa with a cane than the guy that is obviously middle eastern. I know that is profiling, but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Ridiculous.

Just last week a friend of mine had his IPad stolen in Miami while he was being scanned. The TSA pulled the video and the guy who was in front of him in line was taking his stuff out of his basket, and then looked back and saw the IPad in the next one. He just helped himself to it and walked on. Great security. They are a bunch of real a** clowns. The lesson here is not to leave the checkpoint until you've inventoried all your possessions.

I am saving them but I have about 30 pics of TSA people sleeping on the job on my cell phone. I fly every 3 weeks and normally every trip that I make I catch about 1. Utterly despicable.

My link

Wow just wow .... somebody got PAID ... and bribed.

The machines are only as good as the officers using them. The urban populations that equal an oppertunity inclined politacally correct agency might hire do not provide the most dedicated, experianced motivated work force one might desire in a security agency. Just a theory. Also like any technology they can be fooled. The TSA testers also get paid to get through.

TC

The report says she went through 5 scanners! And not one picked up a firearm. And nobody was fired?!!!

F*cking unbelievable!

Not jazzing you TC, but if they can't fire incompetent employees now, how will they ever get rid of any after they are unionized.

What a disgrace this gov't has become. The main job the Federal Gov't has is to protect it's citizens and they are so incompetent it isn't funny.

The report says she went through 5 scanners! And not one picked up a firearm. And nobody was fired?!!!

F*cking unbelievable!

Not jazzing you TC, but if they can't fire incompetent employees now, how will they ever get rid of any after they are unionized.

What a disgrace this gov't has become. The main job the Federal Gov't has is to protect it's citizens and they are so incompetent it isn't funny.

It is extremely difficult to fire the grossly incompetent. I've tried and had legal shoot down the case. We can get them on poor attendence, stealing and insubordination but its very difficult for screwing up. I'm sure you have all heard of progressive discipline, well it takes major F-ups to get there. Testing doesn't count , its a training tool, real f-ups can lead to discipline and termination eventually. Remember what I said about where most of these folks were hired from. No self discipline, work ethic or professionalism. Most large airports are in the same bind. They hire from that same urban population. LAX has gang issues in the work force. Our newest hires though are Vets or folks recently laid off and the quality of the work force is improving.

As to the officers sleeping was it at an X-ray or in a seating area? Alot of places don't have TSA break rooms so a guy who cat naps during lunch break has to do it in public. Looks bad but they have no option. We have to rent space from the PA it isn't cheap. So any office or storage space we need at the airport is paid for with tax $.

FYI, it isn't always TSA a large portion of the traveling public is made up of A$$holes, present company excluded of course. And pilots don't poop angels carry away their waste.:thsmiley_deadhorse:

Just a little venting. One guy actually called one of my officers the "n" word, while he was just doing his job.

TC

It is extremely difficult to fire the grossly incompetent. I've tried and had legal shoot down the case. We can get them on poor attendence, stealing and insubordination but its very difficult for screwing up. I'm sure you have all heard of progressive discipline, well it takes major F-ups to get there. Testing doesn't count , its a training tool, real f-ups can lead to discipline and termination eventually. Remember what I said about where most of these folks were hired from. No self discipline, work ethic or professionalism. Most large airports are in the same bind. They hire from that same urban population. LAX has gang issues in the work force. Our newest hires though are Vets or folks recently laid off and the quality of the work force is improving.

As to the officers sleeping was it at an X-ray or in a seating area? Alot of places don't have TSA break rooms so a guy who cat naps during lunch break has to do it in public. Looks bad but they have no option. We have to rent space from the PA it isn't cheap. So any office or storage space we need at the airport is paid for with tax $.

FYI, it isn't always TSA a large portion of the traveling public is made up of A$$holes, present company excluded of course. And pilots don't poop angels carry away their waste.:thsmiley_deadhorse:

Just a little venting. One guy actually called one of my officers the "n" word, while he was just doing his job.

TC

Tank you must work for the state also!

TC

That's nothing, I hear many passengers either have to be irradiated or have their genetalia fondled just to do their job, or even just to go on vacation.