98 members have voted

1. 1. What state to emulate?

• Alaska- No permit required, open or concealed is legal
    • Pennsylvania-Permit required for concealed or open, need some form of training (DD214 or NRA course)
    • Hawaii- need a justifiable reason to conceal (just like here)
    • Illinios-concealed carry is illegal and should be here
    • Have CCW like the police do with caliber restrictions and qualifications

Well, how do you guys feel?

Do you think it should be heavily restricted with qualifications like your local PD or just apply and go?

I, am all for the way it is in Arizona, Wyoming, Alaska and Vermont. No permit at all, the 2nd ammendment is my permit!

BTW, PA doesnt need a permit to open carry. Infact, they are license to carry, not permits (say permit on PAFOA and you will be exiled lol)

So, I can just open carry in Pennsy with a Arizona out-of-state permit?

I like how there's 1 vote for no carry at all. If that vote is serious that poster should turn in his FID.

So, I can just open carry in Pennsy with a Arizona out-of-state permit?

The permit would only be required if OC in Philadelphia. The rest of the state no permit required...but a permit is required for vehicle carry.

Also, RE: PA option...no training is required.

A permit is required for carry in Philadelphia period. It does not specify whether it is open or concealed, which was the issue with that guy. Everywhere else it is no permit required.

I wouldn't mind something like Utah. Where is that option?

While I would be all for constitutional carry, I am just fine with the way NH (currently, though a bill is at the senate now) does things. Open carry is legal, and concealed carry requires a license. Only thing needed to receive it is $10 dollars and the ability to write/type. Basically, if you apply, you will receive it within 2 weeks. Valid for 5 years. So really, any shall issue state that doesn't require extraneous training is fine with me.

And as stated, your description for PA is off, but I voted for it anyways, because it is about the same as NH.

I would vote for something similar to PA, where OC is legal for all adults, and CC requires a permit. I would also prefer at least some form of training, though I'm not sure how one would enforce that for OC'ers.

im still rockin my in house virginia permit.. i think there should be some kind of background check for concealed carry! i mean at least some psychos will think twice of hiding idk just sayin

Poll is skewed.. Where is the caliber restriction stated for the RPO or active LEO?

I thought that you could only carry a caliber your department allows. And LEO's have to qualify every 6 months or a year no?

I thought that you could only carry a caliber your department allows. And LEO's have to qualify every 6 months or a year no?

While employed, yes. Retired LEOs can carry whatever they want, so long as they qualify with it.

There is no restriction in law or code for either. Must be a departmental SOP, if there is one. WTPD states "ballistically equivalent or greater than a 38Spcl".

Yes, you're correct, sorry. Our dept has a list of approved calibers for off duty.

I would like to see Constitutional Carry but I seriously doubt NJ will go that way from how it is now. Most likely it will be as it is minus having to "show justifiable need". That means:

1. Safety and use of force classes annually.

2. Qualification 2X a year.

When NJ goes with a carry permiot for anyone they would have to expand the firearms division at NJSP as that where it should be handled not by individual police chiefs.

Active and Retired LEOs are required the above. Any caliber restrictions are imposed by the agency for active LEOs and retired LEOs can carry anything.

AFAIK there is no restriction on retired LEOs carrying only what they qualify with only a requirement to qualify. They would need to qualify with different firearms to meet the LEOSA requirement of carrying a firearm of the same type of action they qualified with. Active LEOs are usually restricted to whatever specific firearms they use to qualify.

AFAIK there is no restriction on retired LEOs carrying only what they qualify with only a requirement to qualify. They would need to qualify with different firearms to meet the LEOSA requirement of carrying a firearm of the same type of action they qualified with. Active LEOs are usually restricted to whatever specific firearms they use to qualify.

Retired LEOs must qualify with not only their CCW of choice, but with the ammo that they intend to carry. In order to have a choice of two weapons to CCW, they must qualify with each weapon, using the same ammo that they will carry in each weapon.

Retired LEOs must qualify with not only their CCW of choice, but with the ammo that they intend to carry. In order to have a choice of two weapons to CCW, they must qualify with each weapon, using the same ammo that they will carry in each weapon.

Could you tell me where you got this? There is nothing in the training materials I have from NJSP that state this.

Could you tell me where you got this? There is nothing in the training materials I have from NJSP that state this.

Family member LEOs.

Family member LEOs.

I qualify retired LEOs (am certified by NJSP to do so) and I have not heard of this. There is nothing I've seen in the training materials from NJSP or on their website that says you have to qualify with the gun and ammo you are going to carry (although it is a good idea). This may be some firearms instructors extending what was required when they active to retired guys but it is no where in print.