Duppie

I want a shotgun!

I keep the pdx hd ammo. I think it's a slug and three lead balls that are teh side of 9mm rounds I think. Never used one yet but I think I will be okay.

I have, and it kicks! So does the Remington HD shells.

Regardless of what platform or ammo you decide on, make sure your familiar with both and shoot enough rounds to consider yourself capable.

I bought the Mossberg combo here when it went on sale. Fits the bill perfectly for me.

http://www.cabelas.c...%3Bcat104803380

That was exactly the combo package I was interested in....Thank you. Are there any idiosyncrasies or trade offs I should be aware of?

Is it wise to load so called non lethal loads before actually firing the buck shot? sort of a warning if you will?

no... there is no distinction in NJ that I am aware of between less than lethal and lethal ammunition..

shoot to stop the threat.. center mass.. shoot until it is not a threat anymore.. then shoot no more..

people will disagree with the following.. but it is my opinion..

a shotgun for interior home defense is ridiculous and way over kill..

I truly believe a pistol caliber carbine to be superior..

they are lighter.. more controllable.. normally have higher capacity.. reload faster..are more accurate.. the list goes on and on..

but whatever makes you sleep well at night..

Also, the KSG should be comin out soon...

I think your trying to start a fight. Good luck with waiting on one of those. And the 700 dollar + price tag will keep most away.

To the OP, stick with what works. Mossberg or Remington, either or

I think your trying to start a fight. Good luck with waiting on one of those. And the 700 dollar + price tag will keep most away.

To the OP, stick with what works. Mossberg or Remington, either or

Benelli should also get a nod too. They seem to be in similar price ranges to higher end Mossys and Remmys.

I was in the same position about a month ago trying to decide on my first shotgun

I picked the Mossberg 500 combo and am very happy with it

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=51482&index=1&mfg=Mossberg&mdl=500&cat=2&type=Shotgun&cal=12+Gauge&fin=&sit=&pid=&inv=

good price, great value

expect to use for HD and trap shooting

I do not think you can go wrong with the Mossberg

Gun Stories did a segment on the Model 870 last night on The Outdoor Channel

I saw that last night. Good show. Hey, who is the dude they are always showing, who has a beard, long coat, and gloves;

who they show over and over shooting in slow motion? Is that someone famous, or is it just some random guy? I must say, for whatever reason, it's really starting to grate on me the way they show him over and over. So unless he's an icon that I don't know about, I wish they would quit showing him and let me focus on the discussion. Sorry for that rant, but it's been irking me.

BTW, that Remington 870 Tactical Express is a sharp looking gun. I already have a Mossberg 500 for HD, and I really don't need another shotgun, but I'm starting to hear that one calling to me. :icon_mrgreen:

Gun Stories did a segment on the Model 870 last night on The Outdoor Channel

Any idea if they you can watch the shows that already aired on there website otrother location, I missed it and would like to check it out if I can but didn't see anything on the website, but I am not familiar with it and could be looking in the wrong place.

What about Weatherby (sp?)? Are they decent? We went to Dicks in Easton on Tuesday and were looking at shotguns. It seemed like a well made gun (forgot the model..). Never see them mentioned in threads like these.