• No
  2. 2. What branch?

• Air Force
    • Army
    • Coast Guard
    • Marine Corps
    • Navy
    • N/A

USAF Security Police-Law Enforcement. Basic and academy San Antonionio Texas. Then to Fort Dix for for air base ground defender. Then to Andersen AFB Guam (beach patrol at taraque best duty). Many tdy' s to Phillipines, Australia, Japan. Great times and lots of insane stories. Most of the time you can't wait to get out, now I realize what a great time it was. Got out right before desert shield.

A&P is airframes and power plants, its pretty much for the mechanics. Avionics is separate and highly specified. You do get your FCC license though. I was an avionics nerd though.

I just figure, all Avionics techs I know here at the airport, I don't know any who don't have their A&P, so if it's available It might help land a nice private sector job in the future if Vic doesn't make it a full military career, at least it can't hurt and opes up other doors of opportunity.

Just think what avionics will be when Nexgen really kicks in and goes to the next level.

. Then to Andersen AFB Guam (beach patrol at taraque best duty).

Many tdy' s to Phillipines, Australia, Japan. Great times and lots of insane stories.

Ok 2 things, 1st, Guam pre-snake or post snake infestation??

2nd, TDY pics or it didn't happen. :icon_mrgreen:

I just figure, all Avionics techs I know here at the airport, I don't know any who don't have their A&P, so if it's available It might help land a nice private sector job in the future if Vic doesn't make it a full military career, at least it can't hurt and opes up other doors of opportunity.

Just think what avionics will be when Nexgen really kicks in and goes to the next level.

And it was a nice suggestion, thank you. I haven't decided whether I'll make a career out of it yet, as I'm unable to see 4 years into my future :D I'm not opposed to it, but I'm not heart set on it either. I appreciate the input and will keep it in mind if I decide to leave after 4 years.

Ok 2 things, 1st, Guam pre-snake or post snake infestation??

2nd, TDY pics or it didn't happen. :icon_mrgreen:

87 - 89. sure there were plenty o' snakes. More of a concern to troops was crashing into giant boonie Pigs while drag racing your K-Car in the Conventional Storage Area. That will ruin your day...and tour. Snakes, they were more interested in decimating the bird population.

TDY pics ? unlikely, I'll dig around the parents attic next time over. Most of my pics went up in flames with an old relationship.

USAF active duty 4/87 to 12/95, USAF Reserves 12/97 to 12/09.

Did spring/summer of 87 in San Antonio - loved those red flag days.

Commands: SAC, AFSC, AFMC, AMC and AFRC plus my requisite time in CENTAF/AFCENT

Aircraft maintenance, engineer (ROCKET SCIENTIST!), and public affairs.

Miss it so badly, especially active duty.

US Army active duty 1977-1981, Fort Knox, Fulda Germany, Fort Stewart Ga. 1982-2003 NJ National Guard, 1 year active duty after 9/11. Went from Cav Scout to Tank platoon Sergeant, E1 to E7. I love those big steel beasts. Biggest gun fired 152 mm gun on an M551.

9/1996-9/2000, was a CTR2. Great Lakes boot camp and I remember all to well the peanut butter shot and the chilly weather that time of year.

Luckily I was off to Pensacola FL for A school which was a good time. Went to Ft. Huachuca in AZ after that to learn morse code, then to

NSGA Northwest in Chesapeake VA for direct support duty. Did many week to 30 day work up cruises on different ships, did a 6 month cruise

on the USS Stout, DDG55. All in all, I had a great time in the Navy and attribute much if not all of my success today to my experience there.

Got out because I was married and had a son young, 21 and really didn't want to spend 6 months away from them every other year.

USMC 54/57.

Boot camp @ San Diego. They issued me a comb and cut off my hair. Issued a toothbrush and pulled two teeth.

Issued me a jock strap and it was then I seriously considered going over the hill...

Stationed in Japan and Okinawa. BAR man with 1st Battialian, 9th Marines. Loved that BAR.

Last duty was as a brig guard at San Diego Naval Base. First in line for that great Navy chow.

One of the smartest moves I ever made. Semper Fi

SEMPER FI 9TH MARINES,

I was in the same time as you. 1954 to 1957. Boot Camp at Parris Island, advanced combat training at camp Geiger. Police and Guard at Quanico, Va. Cold Weather training at Pickles Meadows ( border of Ca. and Nevada ) Japan 13 months and hit many areas in the Far East doing mock landings.

Iwo Jima, Philipienes, British north Borneo, Visited Pakistan, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Okinoawa.

Back to the states last 7 months in the Corps as an MP. Loved every minute of my time in the Corp.

Scig

Air Force

'07-Present

Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst

I've been to over 100 different places, in 37 countries and 38 states, and 2 other US territories spending well over 500 days in the past 3 2/3 years somewhere other than NJ.

For my mode of transportation...

In Iraq

n44605144_31559880_5861.jpg

And just for fun some more of my photos

Western Afghanistan

P8260522.jpg

Guam

P7130009.jpg

Undisclosed location in Columbia

34331_572614843547_44605144_33052404_826697_n.jpg

USMC leaving for Parris Island come February. I'll also be doing avionics down in Pensacola so should be a good time. Not sure If I'll be staying with that MOS as I eventually plan on applying for OCS. Should be a grand old time!

Finally, somebody else who is in the DEP. Can I asked what your AFQT was on the ASVAB?

I'm a proud graduate of the Ft. Benning School for Boys.

Funniest story from basic, eh? ....one day - during the AIT phase - the whole company was out on the parade ground, fine tuning our marching skills. We're marching all over the giant grounds, calling every cadence we can think of. Here's a few lines from one of our favorites:

Tiny bubbles

In her twat

Makes me wonder

What she's got

Yeah, the entire company was calling that cadence as we marched passed a Lt. Colonel, female, one each.

Hilarity ensued.

Then there was the guy who couldn't hit **** with his weapon. Aggrivated, he stood up and started swinging his rifle around by the muzzle - like it was a baseball bat. I never saw a guy get tackled so fast by so many people! The Drills and range NCOs monkeystomped the **** out of him. One of them actually knocked him out cold. They dragged him away & we never saw him again.

There's always some guy who decides that he is in over his head and that he has to get out. Well, we had this guy in our platoon who would shake uncontrollably in every formation - like it was 50 below or something. Eventually this guy decided that telling the Drills that he was a homo was the best way for him to get out of the Army. Holy crap, did that guy ever get shithammered!! LOL!!! They made him stand in front of the company at attention while everyone in a position of leadership - from the company CO down to the most junior Drill - berated him. It just went on and on - about how this guy was a lying piece of **** and that he was unfit to be in the company of normal human beings. It was a verbal masterpiece. We were awestruck - while at the same time furious. Imagine the entire first half of "Full Metal Jacket" .... times ten. He threw up and pissed himself. By the time they were done we wanted to tear him apart. We wanted to execute his entire family and everyone that knew this guy. They made him drag his rack outside to the company area - for his own 'safety'. He was out there for a few days. Then one morning he was just gone.

I have more...there was this guy named Pike...or the day we found out what CS was...what's the best/fastest way to clean the mud off of an entire infantry company after it runs through the confidence course? ...how many times can an entire company run back & and forth across the company area with packed duffel bags? Who will fall out first? Who will fall out last? ...what happens when the fattest guy in the company orders a friggin pizza on the first weekend of AIT?

Fun times indeed...