zoid

Are Glocks And Hks The Only Guns With Polygonal Barrels?

Contrary to poplar belief, you can shoot lead out of your polygonal barrels without issue.

Then why is leading in the polygonal barrel a major ccause for kabooom's? Can you elaborate on your statement?

I am sure you can shoot maybe 50 lead rounds out of the barrel, but at what point does it become an issue?

Then why is leading in the polygonal barrel a major ccause for kabooom's? Can you elaborate on your statement?

I am sure you can shoot maybe 50 lead rounds out of the barrel, but at what point does it become an issue?

Go to the glock board and search around. Guys do it day in and day out without "leading" issues. Internet Kabooom's, usually, once you dig deeper, are someones homemade loads, that are +p++++++++P++++++.

I don't personally use ball ammo, but I read and seen enough to believe it's a myth.

I watched a video of a guy with a new g35. He said he used a stock barrel to test out and after 300 rounds the barrel was leaded up like crazy. He then used it in a match and had a kaboom. Barrel was leaded up again but with less rounds. He said this himself and the kaboom was on video.

Bottom line, I think that if a manufacturer says not to do it, they are saying it for a reason. We all know the barrels get leaded up. I think for you to say it's not an issue is a little reckless.

Contrary to poplar belief, you can shoot lead out of your polygonal barrels without issue.

Yeah, how hard is their lead? Because if you shoot soft lead, you are going to have issues. Shoot really hard lead, and you probably won't. Shoot either in small quantities with some jacketed in between, you might not have issues either. Stating that lead is just dandy in polygonal barrels isn't smart. You have to know what you are doing, whihc is why they tell joe newbie to not do it.

Also, yes, baby eagles have polygonal barrels. At least mine and the ones I have seen do. As does the desert eagle.

I know guys that use molycoated lead in their Glocks without issue. I"m sure you can

do it as long as you clean it and yes, have the right hardness.

I personally don't know enough about it so I just stick with plated/FMJ.

I forgot about Kahr, good call.

baby Eagles, my tanfoglio does, and the biggest surprise...

East German Makarovs

As far as lead in polygonal barrels... why? Is it worth saving 2 cents for a possible Kaaboom?

All it takes is one bad round to sludge up the barrel. there was recently this exact story of a shooter who never had issues, then ban, 100 rounds in, kaboom.

• Like 1

I have shot 400 rounds of moly lead out of my G35 without cleaning and when I did finally cleaned it, barrel was not dirty or had any signs of leading. I was told that the quality of the lead does have something to do with it. I shoot molly now without hesitation.