this_is_nascar

Sons of Guns Loses FFL

I don't watch this show, however I think some of you do.

New post on Gun Nuts Media

Sons of Guns loses FFL

by Caleb

It's actually a bit more complicated than that, and the TMZ link doesn't exactly explain much. Here's the story of how Red Jacket Firearms, the shop from Discovery Channel's Sons of Guns show lost (and regained) their FFL license.

In 2009, the ATF does a routine check of the shop, and lo and behold their books say that they have some guns that they don't actually have. That's generally a no-no. Now, from Arfcom and other sources we find that Red Jacket Firearms LLC, the actual legal entity featured in the show was founded in 2010 by some of the gunsmiths featured as "employees" on Sons of Guns. Those employees were the legal business owners and the licensed persons responsible for maintaining the shop's FFL and keeping the shop in compliance with federal regulations. Will, the "star" of Sons of Guns is/was an employee of Red Jacket Firearms LLC as is his daughter.

Will losing his FFL actually happened before the show premiered; the business entity that was presented to the viewing public by Discover as Will Hayden's business actually was the LLC that was jointly owned by several of his "employees." The reason this is all coming to light right now? One of the employees that was the owner of the LLC has decided to leave Red Jacket to start his own business.

Caleb | December 23, 2011 at 9:47 am | Categories: news | URL: http://wp.me/p1tVYd-3e1

Comment See all comments

Does this mean no more show? I mean....they could continue building guns, by why do that when they can't sell them?

If so, and Vince started his own business, I hope he gets his own show. It'd be a lot more quality builds, and a lot less drama.

Does this mean no more show? I mean....they could continue building guns, by why do that when they can't sell them?

If so, and Vince started his own business, I hope he gets his own show. It'd be a lot more quality builds, and a lot less drama.

Doubt it..the drama is Written in..these "Reality" shows are anything but. Vince Moved on to start his own business. Red Jacket LLC will continue on with Joe and Charlie as the FFL holders, working under the roof of Red Jacket International (Will's company)

I love watching these shows however I must admit I get jealous when I see people bringing in all the full auto rifles and realize living in PRNJ I will probably never have the chance to shoot or own something like that unless I move out of state.

I love watching these shows however I must admit I get jealous when I see people bringing in all the full auto rifles and realize living in PRNJ I will probably never have the chance to shoot or own something like that unless I move out of state.

Every time I shoot full auto I think something in my pants moves

• Like 1

Doubt it..the drama is Written in..these "Reality" shows are anything but.

+1

There is very little reality in "Reality" shows. One of my employees knows the guys that were doing one of the repo "reality" shows that was based out of Hopatcong, NJ area, half of the "repos" were staged as was most of the "drama".

Some more info:

A search shows a "Red Jacket, Inc", which is active, but not in good standing for failure to file Annual Report and that lists William Hayden.

There is also "RED JACKET INTERNATIONAL, L.L.C.", which lists William Hayden and seems to have been created on 06-Apr-2011.

Stephanie Hayden is an officer of "RED STICK FIREARMS AND SHOOTING RANGE, L.L.C." and the registered agent, but it is listed as "Inactive" due to "Voluntary Action" as of 06-Jan-2009.

William Hayden owns the trademark, which was first used on 06-Apr-1999.

All of this can be confirmed at the Louisiana Secretary of State corporation search web page:

http://www.sos.la.go...19/Default.aspx

Some more info:

A search shows a "Red Jacket, Inc", which is active, but not in good standing for failure to file Annual Report and that lists William Hayden.

There is also "RED JACKET INTERNATIONAL, L.L.C.", which lists William Hayden and seems to have been created on 06-Apr-2011.

Stephanie Hayden is an officer of "RED STICK FIREARMS AND SHOOTING RANGE, L.L.C." and the registered agent, but it is listed as "Inactive" due to "Voluntary Action" as of 06-Jan-2009.

William Hayden owns the trademark, which was first used on 06-Apr-1999.

All of this can be confirmed at the Louisiana Secretary of State corporation search web page:

http://www.sos.la.go...19/Default.aspx

Red Jacket Inc was the entity that originally held the FFL Paul. He allowed RJ Inc to expire, and re-incorporated under "Red Jacket International" which IS filed and in good standing

Heh? What scams?

They both operate legit businesses. Granted a lot of the stuff is written for tv.

The scam where Will Hayden let a guy buy into the company at the tune of 10% then transferred all the assets to a new company making the old company, and the guys stock in the old company worthless. I think that is against a few SEC regulations.

In Pawn Stars, a lot of the stuff brought in is from other dealers and just for the show, there are some where the "expert" appraiser actually works for the guy that brought the items in for the alleged "sale". Hey, I like the show and know they have to spice it to make it interesting for TV, just saying you can take everything you see at face value.

Was kinda sad to see the builds become so over-the-top gimmicky but any gun show is a good gun show (unless it is about some politician preaching the dangers of civilian rights of course =P ).

It is over the top (and I have only seen it a few times) but that flame thrower was really something.