Col. Mortimer

Is Anyone Interested in a USPSA / IDPA Introduction Class?

is this to be held at Cherry Ridge? I doubt I'll make that trip. However please put me down for interest in a class in central NJ such as at OB or CJRPC.

The class will be held at the Shongum Range in Mansfield. The date is March 31st and the time is 9:00AM to 2:00PM.

I am making the list for the time being. Once we get closer to the class date, I will get commitments from everyone.

Agreed. Maybe a little more than 3-4 weeks before? I know Blade Tech has a 3-4 week lead time, not sure about others, but still good to have some time to think about it and have things delivered.

Try shooters connection and midway. Both have a selection of bladetech holsters. Shooters connection supports uspsa so try them first. I got my bladetech for a 92fs from them. I called them vs using the internet and they are very knowlegable when it comes to uspsa stuff. They shoot uspsa as well.

I have the doh for my gun and really like it. Smooth as silk.

Try shooters connection and midway. Both have a selection of bladetech holsters. Shooters connection supports uspsa so try them first. I got my bladetech for a 92fs from them. I called them vs using the internet and they are very knowlegable when it comes to uspsa stuff. They shoot uspsa as well.

I have the doh for my gun and really like it. Smooth as silk.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, for me at least, Midway only has Blade-tech holsters for certain guns (no DOH for a Beretta 92), and shooters connection shows that the tek-lok version of the doh is special order. And I'm a lefty, limiting my holster options even more. At that point I might as well order direct from Blade-tech. Hopefully one of those two companies will be more helpful for someone else's particular combination, but for me, I'm stuck.

The class will be held at the Shongum Range in Mansfield. The date is March 31st and the time is 9:00AM to 2:00PM.

I am making the list for the time being. Once we get closer to the class date, I will get commitments from everyone.

Mansfield works! Please do keep me posted. Serpa holsters are good right?

Interested

Thanks for the comments re: gear req'd. the one thing I didn't catch is # of mags required/recommended and how many pouches I'll need to carry them at once. any help here so I can do some shopping?

Interested

Thanks for the comments re: gear req'd. the one thing I didn't catch is # of mags required/recommended and how many pouches I'll need to carry them at once. any help here so I can do some shopping?

Read it here: http://cjuspsa.org/?q=node/2

"Make sure you have a holster that covers the trigger guard, at least two magazine holders for your belt, and enough magazines to hold at least 40 rounds."

That being said the general consensus seems to be you should have 4-5 mags

Division capacity in Single Stack for USPSA is Eight (8) rounds. Also, you're allowed to put one in the pipe & then switheroo the mags so you can engage up to 4 targets with 2 rounds each and reload on the fly without running the gun dry (round in the chamber, mag empty). So it's best to use Shooting Star, Wilson Combat or other dependable brand-name 8-rounders.

Those 200 grain heads are popular--just have to get them to fly at a little over 800 FPS to make "major" power factor of 165+.

Not sure of the exact round count or number of stages as I've never shot a Shongum match, but (6) 30 round stages leaves you 20 rounds for missing any steel poppers, for instance, based upon a 200 round count for your ammo supply.

Hope that I've been a little helpful. Didn't want to steal Mak's thunder either.

Dave

Nick:

You will want to get those 200g. bullets to about 850 FPS just to be sure you make Major power factor. The Shongum matches are usually a little over 100 rounds but in case you have to re-shoot a long stage, you will want to have extra ammo. So 200 rounds is a good idea. Five or six mags is also a good idea in case you drop one while shooting a stage or one craps out on you.

Keith:

Blade Tech holsters are a good place to start: http://www.blade-tech.com/Competition-Series-Products-c-329.html The DOH holsters are good for USPSA but not allowed in IDPA so buy accordingly.

To Everyone that has not sent me your email address:

Please send me your email address (and the person you're bringing). If I do not have your or their email address, I must give your place in the class to some one else. Page 2 of this thread has the list and who's email is missing.

Thank you,

The Col.

Col. Mortimer, I sent you a message with my information yesterday regarding the class. I am interested in attending. Please let me know if you did not receive it and I can send it again.

Thank you for offering this class, I am very interested in finding out more about uspsa/idpa.

EDIT, just looked back and see my name on the list! Thank you!

Col. Mortimer, I sent you a message with my information yesterday regarding the class. I am interested in attending. Please let me know if you did not receive it and I can send it again.

Thank you for offering this class, I am very interested in finding out more about uspsa/idpa.

EDIT, just looked back and see my name on the list! Thank you!

Sorry for the delay but I was waiting for responses on the PMs to sent for missing email addresses. The list is updated and I will be sending out the class materials this weekend or sooner if I have the time. Even if you are not in the 3/31 class, I will send you the Study Guide. I will make arrangements for everyone that signed up for the class to get trained before their first match.

Here is the class list, as of 3/26/2012, of people enrolled in the class. I have overbooked since there are bound to be a couple last minute cancellations and I want to do my best to have everyone get into the class.

1. Nickjc (yes)
  2. Nickjc’s friend Gene (yes)
  3. checker50 (yes)
  4. JimmyAGR (yes)
  5. compujas (yes)
  6. compujas’es friend James (yes)
  7. 1125 (yes)
  8. Old Glock Guy (yes)
  9. fastd's son (yes)
  10. Racer67 (yes)
  11. MarkWVU02 (yes)
  12. GaintsFan(yes)
  13. irishpete (yes)
  14. Mrs. Irish Pete (yes)
  15. SpacemanFry (yes)
  16. RedRiverII (yes)
  17. autoxnyc (yes)
  18. aguilar (yes)
  19. aguilar's son (yes)Waiting List:
  20. DevsAdvocate (yes)
  21. Edgeword (yes)
  22. Jornum1 (yes)
  23. Patriot oak (yes)
  24. DTtuner (yes)

Assisting me is:

1. Maksim (yes)
  2. J0n (yes)
  3. Harry (yes)
  4. Nick (yes)
  5. Dre (yes)
  6. Andy B
  7. Gene R. (yes)

Also, just fyi, while working on getting a newbie class in our area, if anyone is a CJ member and wants some one on one, I would be glad to go through mike's agenda here locally, to open the class up to more northern guys.

Also, just fyi, while working on getting a newbie class in our area, if anyone is a CJ member and wants some one on one, I would be glad to go through mike's agenda here locally, to open the class up to more northern guys.

Maks I would be interested.I will talk to you about it tomorrow.