Krdshrk

Cops shoot (and Kill) window smasher in Cali (With Video)

Ugh - please don't armchair quarterback it any more than what has already been done on the article/video.

If you don't see it, the guy was shot with a taser and was not affected by it. He then turned with an aggressive posture towards the cop who tased him and was about to swing that sledgehammer. Props to the cop who shot 1 handed - he controlled his weapon and looks like he hit with his shots. I'm not sure who shot afterwards.

It looked like the guy was bluffing after he got tased. I'm not sure he was actually going to swing. But it doesn't matter. That was the worst decision he could have made. Because it leaves the officers with 2 choices. Don't shoot, and hope he doesn't actually assault them. Or shoot and defend themselves. If anyone has enough faith in a guy that was already allegedly destroying the restaurant with that instrument, they have more faith than me. They already tried non lethal force once. Unfortunately that did not work because it appears that would have been the only way this guy was going down without being killed. Did they need 10 shots? I have no idea, but I don't really care. How can one make a judgment to shoot yet make the same judgment that they shot too much? That is a hard case to make unless they started shooting him again after he was down. I didn't see that happen.

Ugh - please don't armchair quarterback it any more than what has already been done on the article/video. If you don't see it, the guy was shot with a taser and was not affected by it. He then turned with an aggressive posture towards the cop who tased him and was about to swing that sledgehammer. Props to the cop who shot 1 handed - he controlled his weapon and looks like he hit with his shots. I'm not sure who shot afterwards.

AND, he did it with a trained K9 in the other hand. Damn...

Not sure if that was a sledge hammer though. It looked like a pipe bender to me.

Either way, you DON'T swing anything at a cop. Especially when his partner has already drawn his weapon.

That K9 officer is one squared away dude IMO!!! It looks to me that he was able to keep his weapon ready, control his dog, asses that the other officer was distracted while he was trying to secure the taser, and assess that he was not going to make it out of the way of that attack with what looks like a haligan tool. Krd it looks to me like the officer that was about to get swatted was the one that fired the second volley.

• Like 1

That K9 officer is one squared away dude IMO!!! It looks to me that he was able to keep his weapon ready, control his dog, asses that the other officer was distracted while he was trying to secure the taser, and assess that he was not going to make it out of the way of that attack with what looks like a haligan tool. Krd it looks to me like the officer that was about to get swatted was the one that fired the second volley.

I think so too - he drew and shot pretty darn quick. Didn't want to say definitely.

Puzzles me why for home defense in NJ, we must use "equal force" to defend ourselves in our own home. But cops don't need to abide by the same rules.

Probably puzzles you because it isn't true.

Edit: Question:

Is being beaten to death with a blunt object less force than being shot to death with a gun?

No need to answer, it is rhetoric. Kind of ironic though.

• Like 1

Probably puzzles you because it isn't true. Edit: Question: Is being beaten to death with a blunt object less force than being shot to death with a gun? No need to answer, it is rhetoric. Kind of ironic though.

+1

Really? Is the Castle Doctrine law in NJ ?

I ask this.. you posted the law as you viewed it.. how did you arrive at that standpoint.. that it must be equal force?

Really? Is the Castle Doctrine law in NJ ?

Since you are purposefully ignoring, and not bothering to read the statues, I will purposefully not answer your question. Read the law and tell me where it says, as you quote "equal force", or even rather, how you interpret something similar to such. If you can demonstrate any amount of logic, and back it up with something, anything really, then I will continue to engage in a legitimate discussion. If not, don't expect a response.

But I will even help you, and give you the statue.

2C:3-4 Use of force in self-protection.

Brash? No. Think more along the lines of gallows humor.

I did not interpret that as such. I apologize. Looking at it from a lighter angle, I get you. I still think it was, if not brash, at least a bit over the top, but you point is now taken.

Of course the thing I found most disturbing is that the idiots taking the vid were laughing about someone just dying....... where is a stray bullet when you need one?!?!?!

+1 I agree and it's pretty sad if you ask me... it shows the mentality of some of the youth in our country today. They were actually entertained by this... instead of shock or dismay, they laughed about it... like this was a video game or something. Pretty despicable (this must be my word of the day, LOL. It's the second time I've used it on this forum today!!)... I'm sure they make their parents proud every day (NOT!).

Good job by the LEO's!

Puzzles me why for home defense in NJ, we must use "equal force" to defend ourselves in our own home. But cops don't need to abide by the same rules.

Not sure where you got the equal force either. So long as the bad guy is in your house and you reasonably beleive that he intends to harm you/your family, you can respond with anything up to and including lethal force.

Guys - please feel free to comment on that article. Some of the libtards on the NY Post are saying "Take warning shots!" "Shoot him in the knee!" and such.

That kind of BS infuriates me the most nowadays. It just shows such an immense level of ignorance on so many levels not just firearms. Yea let's take a warning shot and possibly kill or injure an innocent from ricochet etc.... not even going to address the shoot in the leg/arm/etc comments since that's obviously retarded.

I guess that's the problem with majority of population getting their education about firearms from movies and anti-gunner media.

Looks like a solid call to me. Even if the guy just wanted to bluff at being mr. bad a** with a sledge hammer, you take the risk your bluff will be taken seriously. In poker, a solid bluff means you give up, in this situation it means you get shot up.

And yes, Ron needs to do more reading.

Looks like a solid call to me. Even if the guy just wanted to bluff at being mr. bad a** with a sledge hammer, you take the risk your bluff will be taken seriously. In poker, a solid bluff means you give up, in this situation it means you get shot up.

And yes, Ron needs to do more reading.

Well, if you successfully defended against a home intruder & no criminal charges come your way, can't you be sued in a civil court on the grounds of overuse of deadly force, wrongful death, blah blah blah?

What if the intruder had a knife & you had a firearm?

What if you had opportunities to escape through the backdoor but didn't?

Current laws can always be challenged & appealed, can't they?

What about the costs $ of defending yourself with lawyers in a civil trial?

Ugh - please don't armchair quarterback it any more than what has already been done on the article/video.

If you don't see it, the guy was shot with a taser and was not affected by it. He then turned with an aggressive posture towards the cop who tased him and was about to swing that sledgehammer. Props to the cop who shot 1 handed - he controlled his weapon and looks like he hit with his shots. I'm not sure who shot afterwards.

Actually its funny cause its an electrcial tool its called a pipe bender not sledge =P good window buster it is though

It looks like a good shoot to me. If you look the taser had no effect. Officer one holsters weapon and hole head is own subject make move towards officer with. Deadly instrument. K9 officer acts because he sees other officer vulnerable to the strike. Second round of shots seems to be because suspect was still standing and could be a threat. Good job.