BarkNBite

Took The Glock Plunge..............Yikes.

After all these years and all my 1911's which I treasure dearly.........finally I took the Glock plunge.

That's right, felt I had to own at least one.......bought a NIB 30SF with factory installed Night Sights......stayed with the .45acp and 11 rounds is some Serious Business.

We'll see what happens at the range next............Geeeeezzzzz.....never thought I'd do it.

Just like I 1911.. i believe if a manufacturer or type of weapon holds that much clout you should own one in your lifetime.. with that, guns like glocks, 1911, beretta, ar-15, ak variant, revolver type, are all guns i feel I should own at some point in my life. again this is all based on personal perception, but the noteworthy guns that have a captivated audience and are renown for their popularity are worth the buy.

I have taken the Glock plunge 4 times now and now going on my 5th. List from oldest to newest...

Glock 22

Glock 19

Glock 26

Glock 34

and maybe the new one....

Glock 39

where is the glock 20 love? it's one of my favorites shoot...

I am thinking of a Gen 4 Glock 22 for my first .40 HG. I've been somewhat anti Glock but it seems to make sense being the 22 is a very widely used LEO and military piece. I just have to get my hands on one to see how it feels to me.

Whatever happened to the new glocks with moon saucer grips on the slide???

Those were Gen 3 RTF2's (rough texture frame-2) and the serations are called fish gills. They were discontinued after a short run a couple years ago. Too many sissy hand people complained that the texture was to rough for their precious hands. They now bring a premium in the used market as do the OD frame Glocks.

Congrats on the G30SF. I had an opportunity to rent a G30 in Las Vegas in the mid-late 90's. That was the gun that made me consider Glocks again. Amazing shooter. So amazing that I just picked up my 6th Glock yesterday.... a Gen4 G21.

Enjoy your pistol. I like it better than the HK USP45 Compact that my buddy has. I don't know what Glock does with their .45's, but they are the softest shooting .45's I've ever experienced.

Those were Gen 3 RTF2's (rough texture frame-2) and the serations are called fish gills. They were discontinued after a short run a couple years ago. Too many sissy hand people complained that the texture was to rough for their precious hands. They now bring a premium in the used market as do the OD frame Glocks.

Also to ad, I was told from lawmans they had taken a bunch back on trade because the pd they sold them to was complaining about there uniforms being destroyed from the texture rubbing against there uniform shirts.