Scott204

Wherer does everyone buy their powder and primers?

Just curious I have always bought at the valley forge gun show and well we know what happened to that. Just wondering if there is anywhere local, ie. central jersey shore area that sells components.

Solomon's in Farmingdale. Sorry not at my home computer, but someone will post the address and hours.

• 142 Yellowbrook Road Farmingdale, NJ

hours;

OPEN most days about 9 or 10

Occasionally as early as 7

but Some Days as late as 12 or 1

We Close about 5:30 or 6

Sometimes about 4 or 5

But occasionally as late as 7 or 8

Some Days or Afternoons

We aren't open at all

None of those hours apply in case of high tide or full moon...

I just placed an order at powder valley. You can't beat their prices. Just find someone to split hazmat with.

Solomons in farmingdale isn't bad either.

Split hazmat? What does this mean? Why would anyone want to split hazmat with me to wedge in the extra 200 primers that would fit under a single hazmat charge? ;)

It's pretty much either solomons, go to PA, or mail order.

powder valley, wideners, grafs, etc.

Split hazmat? What does this mean? Why would anyone want to split hazmat with me to wedge in the extra 200 primers that would fit under a single hazmat charge? ;)

It's pretty much either solomons, go to PA, or mail order.

powder valley, wideners, grafs, etc.

Brian is talking about 2 or more people going in on a larger order and split the hazmat and shipping fee, just like we have done in the past and do with other group buys.

Brian is talking about 2 or more people going in on a larger order and split the hazmat and shipping fee, just like we have done in the past and do with other group buys.

Really? I would have never figured. My point was 29lbs isn't much weight to split, especially if you load for rifle.

We actually ordered so much we had to pay 2 hazmat fees. Guess 48 pounds of powder and approx 20k primers weight a lot. Ha. Once we found out our original order was already going to be 2 hazmat fees we figured we might as well max it out and order some more. The initial cost kinda sucks but it will be nice to have everything stocked up.

hours;

Sometimes about 4 or 5

Some Days or Afternoons

We aren't open at all

Wow! They've expanded their hours. :sarcastic:

hours;

Sometimes about 4 or 5

Some Days or Afternoons

We aren't open at all

LOL! Yes, pretty much. I was even told by the guy sometimes

they close early on a Sunday if there is a good football game

on. Hahaha!

Good place though. I got a pistol there once too. You'd be

surprised at what they have in stock for guns.

LOL! Yes, pretty much. I was even told by the guy sometimes

they close early on a Sunday if there is a good football game

on. Hahaha!

Good place though. I got a pistol there once too. You'd be

surprised at what they have in stock for guns.

I'm continually shocked at what they have in stock and don't have in stock and the fact that any of it has the ownership transferred to an individual in exchange for money at that place. Not that I'm saying don't go there, but don't go there with an preconceived notions about retail transactions. I think being a retail establishment was the result of some sort of complicated accident.

if you order powder and primers, be aware there will be two hazmat fees (25.00 each) as they cannot be shipped in the same container. Rules, Rules, Rules. Make a day of it go to gun shows. Check T&T Reloading. His website home page (bottom left) will tell you what show he's going to the nex weekend. Can be sure its one of the bigger shows and he will not be the only one there selling reloading supplies.

Powder Valley will mix primers and powder in one box for a single hazmat fee.

A full box is either 6 eight pounders of powder or 10 five thousand cases of primers, or a combination thereof.

They ship promptly and their prices are outstanding.

Take it from a satisfied customer!

Just put in an order for 8lb's + 4k primers last wend. delivered yesterday. Powder valley gets a thumbs up, just make sure you send your license to them after you order, it takes 2-3 days for them to process your order since its a manual system. I also ordered 200 bullets and 2 hornady one shot cleaner, all came in one box under one hazmat fee. So i could have squeezed more actual hazmat material in there and had them shipped the non hazmat stuff separate. I think i'm set for a very long time. And i can get more primers locally they are just a bit more money. 30 bucks for 1k primers is a great deal. and $109 for 8lb's of titegroup. I thought it wasn't too smart getting so much poweder i've never used before, but worst case scenario i can sell some if i don't like it, or just hold onto it and use it for a rainy day, i wanted the 4lb option but it was sold out, and 1lb wasn't worth the hazmat fee.

Right now, powder valley has a lot of stock.

if you order powder and primers, be aware there will be two hazmat fees (25.00 each) as they cannot be shipped in the same container. Rules, Rules, Rules. Make a day of it go to gun shows. Check T&T Reloading. His website home page (bottom left) will tell you what show he's going to the nex weekend. Can be sure its one of the bigger shows and he will not be the only one there selling reloading supplies.

I haven't paid 2 hazmat fees yet and I order powder and primers together. I already had free hazmat and shipping by catching a sale.

Except you are wrong at least at some level. I ordered 20lbs of powder, and 10k primers form powder valley inc. One hazmat fee. They DEFINITELY came in one outer box, although there were multiple inner boxes. From their front page "WE CAN COMBINE UP TO 48 LBS. OF POWDER AND PRIMERS UNDER ONE HAZMAT TO SAVE YOU MONEY."

As everyone else said, Powder Valley DOES combine hazmat up to a certain quantity. Midway however does NOT combine as they ship from different warehouses (or maybe even drop ship) I believe. So if you order powder AND primers from them, they will charge you hazmat and shipping twice. Powder Valley's prices are better anyway. I try to wait until I need a few thousand primers and a few pounds of powder before I order, or I combine with a friend.

Except you are wrong at least at some level. I ordered 20lbs of powder, and 10k primers form powder valley inc. One hazmat fee. They DEFINITELY came in one outer box, although there were multiple inner boxes. From their front page "WE CAN COMBINE UP TO 48 LBS. OF POWDER AND PRIMERS UNDER ONE HAZMAT TO SAVE YOU MONEY."

Same here.

Just put in an order for 8lb's + 4k primers last wend. delivered yesterday. Powder valley gets a thumbs up, just make sure you send your license to them after you order, it takes 2-3 days for them to process your order since its a manual system. I also ordered 200 bullets and 2 hornady one shot cleaner, all came in one box under one hazmat fee. So i could have squeezed more actual hazmat material in there and had them shipped the non hazmat stuff separate. I think i'm set for a very long time. And i can get more primers locally they are just a bit more money. 30 bucks for 1k primers is a great deal. and $109 for 8lb's of titegroup. I thought it wasn't too smart getting so much poweder i've never used before, but worst case scenario i can sell some if i don't like it, or just hold onto it and use it for a rainy day, i wanted the 4lb option but it was sold out, and 1lb wasn't worth the hazmat fee.

Right now, powder valley has a lot of stock.

Where do you buy locally?