Just read up on M-Pro 7 and it seems almost too good to be true. Anyone ever try it yet?? Results? Pros/Cons? Or what else do you guys use that has worked really good? I have always been a Hoppe's #9 guy but looking to try something a little better.

I love Mpro. As already states, odorless and cleans well. Its water based so it does well at cleaning corrosive.

As an aside, water from the tap is better at cleaning corrosive than hoppes, its all about whats soluble in what. Salt is water soluble, mpro seems to be water based. Water is of course water based. Hoppes is petroleum based. Windex is water based and thats why windex works (NOTHING to do with ammonia or anything else in it)

I prefer Hoppes #9 for the bore of my barrels, and then use some M-Pro in a pump spray bottle for the rest of the gun. Seems to work pretty well. I also cut it with water in my ultrasonic cleaner for gun parts and works well. It's just unfortunate it's so expensive in that quantity and I haven't found a good way to strain out the crap to increase its lifespan.

I prefer Hoppes #9 for the bore of my barrels, and then use some M-Pro in a pump spray bottle for the rest of the gun. Seems to work pretty well. I also cut it with water in my ultrasonic cleaner for gun parts and works well. It's just unfortunate it's so expensive in that quantity and I haven't found a good way to strain out the crap to increase its lifespan.

just wondering what ultra sonic cleaner you have?? I have access to one at work but can't run to work every time I go to the range.

just wondering what ultra sonic cleaner you have?? I have access to one at work but can't run to work every time I go to the range.

I got this one (http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html) for $60 (forget if it was a sale or coupon code). It's the same as the Lyman one, just the original brand. It's pretty good. Not quite big enough for a full size frame, but you don't really need to clean the last 1-2" of the grip anyway, so I put it in upside down and let it run. The one thing I wish it came with is a basket, which I'm thinking about buying the Lyman one to be able to easily get small parts back out.

I own tons of different gun care products. Its a sub-hobby of mine. I haven't tried the M-Pro stuff ... yet.

I seem to always go for G96 Gun Treatment. It is a CLP type product, that works great at cleaning the entire gun, including the bore. I spray all the parts after disassemble, and let it soak. Spray down the barrel, let it soak a bit, run a brass brush a few times followed by a few patches.. repeat a few times and you're done. After all the parts sit for a bit, I just wipe them down. Some really cruddy areas will need another spritz with some nylon or brass brush action.

The product smells great, and leaves behind a nice protective layer that is not greasy. BCM uses this stuff a lot. Two of my uppers came in the mail with a soaking wet coating of it. Smells so good when you open the box. :)

Never has affected wood or polymer parts.

It's also made in NJ!

G96 Gun Treatment

I also use Ballistol. Its the gun care product that's even good for your skin. Sometimes I use it for everything, but typically I use it as a wipe down for any wood if the gun has it. Its great for wood and leather.

I've been using use Tetra Gun Lubricant Gun Oil (8 oz Aerosol), slight order indoors but not too bad. IMO it does an excellent job but YMMV. It is also good on synthetics and provides a nice finish. That said I may look into the G96 Dan mentioned next time around, looks like good stuff...

I have used Hoppes for the past 3 or 4 years but got sick of the smell and the pain it was with that bottle.

I switched to Mpro and it seems to clean well, but it doesn't have a smell to it which is my favorite part.

If you're referring to the small glass bottle, I bought the larger size bottle (I think 16oz but may even be 32oz) and it's a plastic bottle with a flip top nozzle that works very well. You would think they'd do it the other way, small plastic bottle with flip top and large bottle with a plain cap.

I've been using use Tetra Gun Lubricant Gun Oil (8 oz Aerosol), slight order indoors but not too bad. IMO it does an excellent job but YMMV. It is also good on synthetics and provides a nice finish. That said I may look into the G96 Dan mentioned next time around, looks like good stuff...

Another thumb up for Tetra Gun.

By the way, it's produced right here in NJ.

I own tons of different gun care products. Its a sub-hobby of mine. I haven't tried the M-Pro stuff ... yet.

I seem to always go for G96 Gun Treatment. It is a CLP type product, that works great at cleaning the entire gun, including the bore. I spray all the parts after disassemble, and let it soak. Spray down the barrel, let it soak a bit, run a brass brush a few times followed by a few patches.. repeat a few times and you're done. After all the parts sit for a bit, I just wipe them down. Some really cruddy areas will need another spritz with some nylon or brass brush action.

The product smells great, and leaves behind a nice protective layer that is not greasy. BCM uses this stuff a lot. Two of my uppers came in the mail with a soaking wet coating of it. Smells so good when you open the box. :)

Never has affected wood or polymer parts.

It's also made in NJ!

G96 Gun Treatment

I also use Ballistol. Its the gun care product that's even good for your skin. Sometimes I use it for everything, but typically I use it as a wipe down for any wood if the gun has it. Its great for wood and leather.

Do you like G96 Gun Treatment better than Ballistol for a bore cleaner? If so, I'll check it out.

Thanks

I have used and like Mpro7, but you still need a lubricant with it (I find any quality gun oil will do, and Tetra gun grease is great for slide rails and other specific areas. However, on the recommendation of the guys at the Sig Sauer academy (after a pistol I was using got gummed up from gun oil) I started using Frog Lube. All natural and non-toxic, smells like wintergreen, and a CLP all-in one product. You can google it and read the reviews. For me, it's greatly simplified gun cleaning, my guns operate well, and it smells good.

I've tried a lot and right now think Ballistol is very good for a cleaner. For lube I like Weapon Shield oil and grease.

I just started using Fluid Film as a exterior wipe down of my guns and knives and I am really liking it.

I just whipped up a jar of Ed's Red cleaner but haven't tried it yet. I mixed the version using the primary ingredients:

1/3 K1 Kerosene

1/3 Mineral Spirits

1/3 Automatic Transmission Fluid III

I left out the Lanolin and Acetone

I've switched completely to M-pro 7 for regular cleaning, including the bore gel for REALLY cruddy. The M-pro gun oil is good, although i use Slip-2000 primarily for lube, and Sweets for Copper