hiker88

If you can legally own this, will you buy it?

Nah, FA isn't that important to me. For that kind of money , I would buy something way nicer. If I was in a title III mood and by some miracle we were allowed to in NJ, I would go for something more exotic like a BAR or MG34.

Na, if I'm going to go full auto its going to be something with a lot more punch then a pistol cartridge

more expensive ammo as well... I guess going to the range with 500 rds will give you less than 5 minutes of fun.

Yeah, Assuming I had the cash for ammo and such, picking a full auto SMG/Machine Pistol I'd probably get something like these...

Yes, not really a SMG or MP, but still, this is probably the coolest gun ever made.

Or an MP40, or MP7. I guess I really have a thing for German small arms....

For those who think thats expensive, as far as class III stuff goes, that is one of the CHEAPEST options available. A quick check of the web says AK's are about $16k, MP5s $20k, Thompson's $25k, M16s about $24k, and so on.

I'm all for people owning them, but I have no use for them, short of suppressive fire I don't see the point.

For those who think thats expensive, as far as class III stuff goes, that is one of the CHEAPEST options available. A quick check of the web says AK's are about $16k, MP5s $20k, Thompson's $25k, M16s about $24k, and so on.

I'm all for people owning them, but I have no use for them, short of suppressive fire I don't see the point.

I don't mind FA, hell, I'd like to get some FA some day. But how the hell is an AK $16k? They sell for like $10 in Africa.

I don't mind FA, hell, I'd like to get some FA some day. But how the hell is an AK $16k? They sell for like $10 in Africa.

Lol so true. Not to mention all the non-registered FA bring-home WW2 guns that are out there with. In the US, its not the gun that drives the value, it is that piece of paper that comes with it. Just like in NJ liquor licenses can easily sell for $250K. Govt control at its finest.

Lol so true. Not to mention all the non-registered FA bring-home WW2 guns that are out there with. In the US, its not the gun that drives the value, it is that piece of paper that comes with it. Just like in NJ liquor licenses can easily sell for $250K. Govt control at its finest.

Is it just a state thing, or Fed? I mean, you watch shows like "Sons of Guns" and you see all the FA guns they have on there, and people buying them, I figured that it wasn't that crazy overpriced.

Then again, most criminals can get that stuff, but after all, they are "rebels." They TRULY embrace the American spirit, and as such patriots, it's okay if they use illegal guns to kill people, because the government must protect them from dangerous armed civilians and such.

• Like 1

FA weapons are on a closed registry since 1986. That means that no new ones can be sold to civilians, only ones already registered (something like 200k or so of them). Some states like NJ don't allow them at all, in the states that do you have to go through huge paperwork with the ATF for each one.

When you see Sons of Guns do their thing you will note that a lot of their work is for police/military/contractors that can bypass that law or working on existing weapons.

FA weapons are on a closed registry since 1986. That means that no new ones can be sold to civilians, only ones already registered (something like 200k or so of them). Some states like NJ don't allow them at all, in the states that do you have to go through huge paperwork with the ATF for each one.

When you see Sons of Guns do their thing you will note that a lot of their work is for police/military/contractors that can bypass that law or working on existing weapons.

I always thought that was part of the AWB which was allowed to expire. God, that's a shame, those 200K likely won't last forever :(. They should get that repealed.

Haha If I ever run for office, I hope I get all the NJ gun owner's votes. I'd do whatever I could to get CCW nationwide, repeal restrictions on FA, etc.

It's not even the gun that cost upwards of 10k+, were talking about the FA sear alone that costs that much. FA sears are stamped, and that is the part that gets registered with the ATF. Since they don't make them legally available to civilians anymore, you basically pay what ever the seller wants. I've seen m16 sears go for 10k, you could have one machined for like 50 bucks. But our govt wouldn't like that very much. If you have a FA BCG and your selector works, you can basically drop the sear in and go FA.... there are very minor differences between FA/SA ar15.

Nah, FA isn't that important to me. For that kind of money , I would buy something way nicer. If I was in a title III mood and by some miracle we were allowed to in NJ, I would go for something more exotic like a BAR or MG34.

Umm you do realize that for a BAR or MG34 Transferrable you're talking in the area of between oh, say $25,000.00 and $75,000.00 Right??? A Mac SMG, SW 76/Swedish-K, American 180, and Ruger AC556 are about the ONLY Transferrable Machineguns you're going to find in the $5k and under range. Any of the :"Way Nicer" stuff YOU guys are thinking of is in the "I could buy a new car with that" range when it comes to Money.

It's not even the gun that cost upwards of 10k+, were talking about the FA sear alone that costs that much. FA sears are stamped, and that is the part that gets registered with the ATF. Since they don't make them legally available to civilians anymore, you basically pay what ever the seller wants. I've seen m16 sears go for 10k, you could have one machined for like 50 bucks. But our govt wouldn't like that very much. If you have a FA BCG and your selector works, you can basically drop the sear in and go FA.... there are very minor differences between FA/SA ar15.

No, No, No, NO FRICKIN NO...Sorry jack but please stop because you dont have a CLUE of what you are talking about. in SOME cases, yes you are talking about the sear alone. Specifically, for an M-16, you are talking about what is called a "Registered Drop-in Auto Sear" (DIAS), ot "Registered Lightning Link" (RLL) (You can google the details on thhem_ Those and ONLY THOSE Two Devices can take a Semi-auto Ar-15 and make it run full-auto..THAT is why they are Registered. An "M-16" or Permanently Converted (3-hole receiver) AR-15, LOWER RECIEVER is the Machinegun, and that is what is Registered. In Belt-Fed MG's it is (Browning Pattern) the Right Side plate that is the "Machinegun"..with AK's it is the Reciever, not the "Sear" that is Registered as the MG. A Machingun is a Machinegun is a Machinegun, and once something is a Machinegun it is ALWAYS a Machinegun. You can take an m-16 reciever, take OUT the Auto-Sear, and replace ALL of the fire control parts with Ar-15 parts, that weapon CANNOT in that configuration fire full auto..it is STILL a Machinegun, and EACH machinegun type is treated differently, there is no BLANKET RULE to say what "part" is, or isnt an MG, because it isnt the same for Every MG out there. Now just to make things MORE confusing, there are Contradictory rulings as to what is, or is not an MG.. 2 quick examples: M-14's At one time CMP De-milled M-14's, making them Semi-Auto and IMPOSSIBLE to re-convert (The M-14-S). They Literally filled the channel for the selector and other parts with Weld, and re-machined the recievers to match the M1A. This was absolutely FINE for a couple of Years..then ATF got their panties in a bunch, and destroyed most of the M14S's under the "Once an MG always an MG" rule. The other example was the Cobray M-10 "Pistols" which were semi versions of the Mac-10 SMG, identical in almost every respect (including firing from the open bolt) to the mac-10, and sadly INCREDIBLY easy to convert..BATF made a ruling that whoever owned one of those now owned it forever, if they SOLD it, it would have to be as a transferrable MG, and if they didnt put it in the registry before 1986, it had to be destroyed and couldnt EVER be sold except as maybe a Post-86 Sample

As far as the Legally Available to Civilians..yes..and No. There are several "types" of NFA Machineguns. You have "Transferrable" (AKA Pre-May 1986) Machineguns, which were in the NFA Registry prior to may of 1986 when FOPA went into effect, and provision 922(o) of that law put a moratorium on the REGISTRY of any New Transferable MG's You have Post-1986 Dealer Samples, which may be possessed, and Demonstrated by NFA Class III Dealers, and Sold to "Certain End-users" which Include, Police Departments, and some Security Companies, which have Contracts with the Dept of Energy to guard Nuclear Plants. THAT is the reason MG prices are so high, what is in the registry is all there is, until the registry is opened again, which is why a Mac-10 that cost about $300 in April of 1986, wqas suddenly with $3K in June of 1986, with simlar hiles for other MG's, with the prices going higher the fewer examples there were. For example (Albeit an extreme one) a GE Minigun transferrable, which STILL cost probaly over $100K is now worth over $1 Million, a Glock 18 of which there are ONLY 3 transferrable int he Country, is worth upwards of $150K IF you could get an owner to part with it.

The form takes about 30 minutes to fill in..it realy ISNT all that difficult..it's just the WAIT TIME that sucks...last i heard a Form 4 was right around 6 Months now.....and you have to pay for your "New" MG UP FRONT, and the NFA dealer sits on it until you get your stamp, since the Stamp is issued by the Serial Number of the Weapon, not the other way around.