Kaiser7

So how old are most people here anyway?

Age Range  

200 members have voted

1. 1. As of right now, how old are you?

I was just curious, I figure that having just turned 20 in February, I'm likely one of the youngest members on the forums. Guns require a lot of disposable income as a hobby (ammo ain't cheap after all) and I was curious what the average age is. I'd like to do an actual average, but unless everyone who responds posts their actual age, that won't happen.

I'm just curious, I always figure most of you are probably between 35-65, but, then again, I could be wrong. I just thought it would be interesting to see if the NJ firearm community is mostly older, or if we have a lot of "young blood" such as myself here.

Also curious, how old were you when you got into shooting?

Haha, I guess I didn't even answer my own question.

I'm 20, been shooting since May of last year. Then again, I come from a fairly anti-gun family. Not so much that they don't believe in the RKBA, they do, but they don't personally want to own them.

Oh, and from the people who have posted so far, the average age is 33.6, which is far lower than I expected. I didn't factor poll votes since I'm not sure exact age there (without creating a ton of different age categories). I factored only the 9 people who responded with their current age, including myself.

Interesting result, though perhaps not truly representative of the full NJGF community, since it's still a relatively small response, the results so far are much younger than I would have expected. I was anticipating a median age of around 42.

Also as of now, there have been 7 people who have responded with the age they started shooting. The average there is 21.6, though most started fairly young.

I want to keep track of this, and see what results we get. This is pretty cool to me haha.

22 here, been shooting for over a year. Family has always been pro-2A, at least when it comes to owning a firearm for self defense, but they are a mixed-bag when it comes to carry. That said, only firearms my family ever owned was an old S&W revolver, aside from the few pistols and shotgun my uncle owned. Guess I'll be the first to have a proper collection. ^_^

Be 63 in June first learned to shoot in my basement around 5 or 6. Followed the hobby till I got married!!!!! Wife not at all a fan. A few months ago I bought a shotgun to shoot skeet. Well she let down her guard and let it in the house, Her bad. I now have 4 rifles and a shotgun. And one passed off wife. Life is good.

"I was always taught to respect my elders and now I've reached the age where I have no one to respect"

51 and shooting now 1 year.

I neglected to answer the whole question also. I've been interested in guns since I was a child. I remember playing cowboys and indians *gasp!* and cops and robbers with my friends. It wasn't until five years ago, though that I got around to getting the FID card and building my collection.