hd2000fxdl

What 22LR Pistol

My father is looking for a 22LR pistol, he had tried the Ruger MKIII Hunter and doesn't like the weight, he had also tried my GSG 1911 and like the weight and feel but it doesn't say buy me to him. He has looked at the Ruger SR22, I think it looks likes a Walther P22 but don't know anything about it.

I know what I would suggest, but looking for other ideas of guns that are similar in size and weight to the Ruger SR 22 and even a couple oz heavier but not by much.

I am interested in picking up a 22lr pistol as well and am just about to start doing some research. I need to brush up on my rim-fire ammunition types. Don't some wheel guns offer a changeable cyclinder to handle 22 mag's?

I am interested in picking up a 22lr pistol as well and am just about to start doing some research. I need to brush up on my rim-fire ammunition types. Don't some wheel guns offer a changeable cyclinder to handle 22 mag's?

Yes I have seen that, I just can't remember with only a half a cup of Coffee in me who and what model, but I'd bet someone will be along in no time to post that info.

We can run with both questions in the thread being I just might be looking for another wheelie 22LR/Combo down the road.

The Ruger Single Six and Single Ten "Convertible" models come with two cylinders - one for for 22LR and one for 22 MAG.

I was looking at them at Caso's a little while ago, but went with something else. Seems like a good value / selling point, though I have hardly any experience with the Single Six models, so I can't say much else about them.

The miniature Browning 1911-22, though pricey, seems to be a nice gun. What does he want this for?

The Ruger LCR in .22 would also be a handy "little" gun. He might also want to checkout the Bersa .22LR. My choice for a .22LR at the moment would be the substantial and not light CZ Kadet. I also like the Glock Advantage Arms kit. That makes for a really light, almost too light, .22 on a G19 or G23.

I can tell you one you may wanna leave out of your search , the Sig Mosquito , my neighbor has one and uses CCI and Federal ammo and the thing has a boatload of FTFs after only 100 rounds after 250 rounds it doesnt wanna function at all !!

I can tell you one you may wanna leave out of your search , the Sig Mosquito , my neighbor has one and uses CCI and Federal ammo and the thing has a boatload of FTFs after only 100 rounds after 250 rounds it doesnt wanna function at all !!

Noted, just one question, how did he break the gun in? I like to clean before shooting all my guns, but if I have any FTF's/FTE's or anything, I run them a little wet and let them get dirty and use the dirt and extra lube to have them lap themselves in. I also like my 22LR's to run on Federal Bulk 525 packs and if they are real picky with ammo, I probably won't hang on to them long.

Harry, I got an M&P 22 a couple of months ago and I love it! With that being said, I had originally set out to get the Mark III Hunter... but got the M&P instead. It's a really fun pistol, the ergonomics are excellent and I have a great time with it. I have one permit left though and I'm still interested in the Mark III and want a long range target pistol... so I might end up with the Mark III too anyway.

Sorry to hijack on this.

My concern with the semi-autos is their sensitivity to ammo choices. Say Agilia'sBlue Boxed "Super Sniper Sub-Sonic", or other 'specialty' rounds that are sub-sonic. I have a 22lr slide for my Sig 229 that I practice with and it works well with CCI sub-sonic ammo, but not so good with the Agila Sniper Secret Squirell stuff. My 10/22 isn't 100% reliable with some of these SS rounds either.

For me, sub-sonic is key here in NJ. That extra 150+fps seems to develop more curiosity from my not so immeidate neighbors. A wheel gun is reliable with anything. Then you can step up to the 22 mag's when it is go time.

Thanks for letting me tag along here.

I love my SR22. I throw blazers through it. It actually is known for eating anything from what I have read and saw. The only issue I had with it is I didn't have the spring on the guide rod installed properly. it has to be put over this little raised area at the bottom of the rod. Other than that it is sweet. Really fun to shoot. When I was renting I tried the GSG and I liked it other than the fact the range gave me a filthy gun that had FTF/FTE's like crazy. The gun is not known for that though. I don't think you can go wrong with the SR22, GSG 1911-22 or the M&P. I guess it all comes down to feel. The MK's are too weird looking for my taste.

I have the Ruger SR22 and would recommend it highly. When I first saw pics of it I thought it was a small gun but once I was able to put my hands around it I realized it wasn't that small. I did end up putting the larger grips on it for a better fit. It is almost the identical size as the Ruger SR9c.

Noted, just one question, how did he break the gun in? I like to clean before shooting all my guns, but if I have any FTF's/FTE's or anything, I run them a little wet and let them get dirty and use the dirt and extra lube to have them lap themselves in. I also like my 22LR's to run on Federal Bulk 525 packs and if they are real picky with ammo, I probably won't hang on to them long.
I know originally he broke it down and oiled it up to loosen the slide action then he shot a 100 CCI rounds expierienceing some FTFS then completely broke it down and cleaned it , next shot another 100-150 rounds with similar results , the last range visit he put 300 rounds through her and the last 100 were nothing but a nightmare using some CCI and FEDERAL ammo , lots of jams and ftf , he then broke it down and it was definitely dirty

I've currently got one for sale in the Market. Never had an issue with FTF. FTE, that's another story when using Remington.

I use Federal 22LR and don't have problems. The times it does FTE or load you can tell it is a round issue, and NOT the firearm. For whatever reasons (quality control of a MASSIVELY produced round IMO) some of the loads are light, and not enough to kick the slide back far enough to catch the next load.