rdsmith3

RTSP transfer fee

Anything over 40 dollars is not feasible; Jersey people want you to buy their guns but overprice the hell out of them then the hit you on the xfer if you dont want their gun; It's why i will always use www.budsgunshop.com cash discount free shipping and i have a 35 xfer hotspot; I had the forum quote me a glock 35 wow you should have seen the ridiculous prices i got two were good others i laughed at

In short what they were finding is number 1.... Surrounding shops are charging more for transfers and problem number 2 is that they are getting guns transferred in that people were paying only slightly less for a gun bought outside that is literally sitting right in their showroom case..... And there have Been a times where people actually paid more then what they were selling the gun for....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk excuse the spelling

In short what they were finding is number 1.... Surrounding shops are charging more for transfers and problem number 2 is that they are getting guns transferred in that people were paying only slightly less for a gun bought outside that is literally sitting right in their showroom case..... And there have Been a times where people actually paid more then what they were selling the gun for....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk excuse the spelling

If I owned a gun shop, even if surrounding shops all priced transfers at..let's say $45, I would decrease mine to $35. Sure it is $10 less than every other shop, but you will get an increase of transfers due to exactly that. It may be less than you want but the fact that people want to pay the minimum transfer fee and will drive far to do just that, means that you will get more business. Does that make sense?

Lee and Sons has $22.50 and $15 NICS. I will politely decline on the $70 total fee at RTSP, Dover Sport, and Ramsey Outdoor (which, in all fairness, is $30, +$15 handgun, +$15 NICS)

A LGS around me charges $70 for transfers + 16.05 NICS

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

They wouldn't be my store for long with prices like that. I'd be sure to let them know why too. And that I would steer all my friends away from them too.

If I owned a gun shop, even if surrounding shops all priced transfers at..let's say $45, I would decrease mine to $35. Sure it is $10 less than every other shop, but you will get an increase of transfers due to exactly that. It may be less than you want but the fact that people want to pay the minimum transfer fee and will drive far to do just that, means that you will get more business. Does that make sense?

This^^^

Don't know being I am not a FFL, but I figure the money for doing a little paperwork and making phone call is easy money. For the shops not only that but I would think that when people are there waiting for the transfer you also have the potential for them to buy something, after all foot traffic in your shop is a good thing.

Anything over 40 dollars is not feasible; Jersey people want you to buy their guns but overprice the hell out of them then the hit you on the xfer if you dont want their gun; It's why i will always use www.budsgunshop.com cash discount free shipping and i have a 35 xfer hotspot; I had the forum quote me a glock 35 wow you should have seen the ridiculous prices i got two were good others i laughed at

I agree.

Lincoln Park True Value Hardware Store

$35 for long guns; $40 for handguns

I was there last week, and not to nitpick, but it's now $40 for either. OTOH, that fee includes NICS. So I guess they figure that they spend a few minutes on paper work and a phone call, and they pocket 25 bucks. They told me that they are doing "a lot" of transfers, which has to be a big help to their bottom line.

I was there last week, and not to nitpick, but it's now $40 for either. OTOH, that fee includes NICS. So I guess they figure that they spend a few minutes on paper work and a phone call, and they pocket 25 bucks. They told me that they are doing "a lot" of transfers, which has to be a big help to their bottom line.

I'll bet none of the other quotes you see above include NICS. That is a great price.

Been using them for years. They don't sell guns so they just make money on transfers. No conflict of interest. Nicest guys too.

And yes, they do a lot of transfers. And even at $40 including NICS, they are making good money.

RTSP. Great people. I bought a few guns from them this year. Good prices on pistols. But I have to say, I am not a big fan of their member - non-member pricing policies. For people like me, who can't make it to their range enough times a month to make the membership fee cost effective, it's not reall fair.

One thing I don't understand is how come transfer fees are so high in NJ? Well yes, I understand everything is more expensive in NJ than most states, but why do I see $15-20 transfers all over in states like PA, DE, southern states, etc..

Any gun shop that has any amount of firearms in stock is most likely going to charge a higher transfer fee (especially in NJ) because they want to sell their inventory where they are making $50 -$100 per gun (or more). If they do transfers for $25 - $40, they are going to make less money while their inventory (and the money tied up in it) just sits there. In other words, it's a conflict of interest to do cheap transfers. A place like Lincoln Park TV does not stock any firearms, so they don't have to worry about hurting store sales with cheap transfers.

In other states there are a lot of home based FFLs that have little overhead and sell guns for $15 - $20 over cost anyway, so a transfer at that price is the same thing to them.

I have few transfers. I generally buy from my dealer who is also a friend and vendor on the site. Either I bought something used or a new gun at a ridiculous price. His transfer rates are I believe the best in the area and he is great to deal with!!!

I have few transfers. I generally buy from my dealer who is also a friend and vendor on the site. Either I bought something used or a new gun at a ridiculous price. His transfer rates are I believe the best in the area and he is great to deal with!!!

But why buy at a ridiculous price?

I meant a new sig that is regularly going for over $825 and I have sourced it for $675. That is a huge difference. Then I would buy it and transfer in. btw, this was an actual transfer I did a year or two ago. Saved over $100 on that one.

RTSP is just another bunch of rip off artists in a sea of rip off artists. I will NEVER spend another of my hard earned dollars in that place. The pricing strategies are ridiculous and eletist (IMHO). I will take my money elsewhere.

C