freeulster

threatened my a murderer

long story short, I work in a capacity that requires me to come in contact with dangerous people and send send them away to institutions that they are not happy to go to. i have been threatened with harm and death many times over the last 20 years. This week i was threatened by a murderer. He was cpmmitet to a state hospital but of course will be out soon. would i qualify for a CCW permit?

long story short, I work in a capacity that requires me to come in contact with dangerous people and send send them away to institutions that they are not happy to go to. i have been threatened with harm and death many times over the last 20 years. This week i was threatened by a murderer. He was cpmmitet to a state hospital but of course will be out soon. would i qualify for a CCW permit?

Honest answer.....in the eyes of a NJ politician.

You survived 20 years without a ccw, you'll be ok.

One guy got threatened, kidnapped twice, and beaten half to death, and NJ didn't give him a CCW permit until he became a plaintiff in a case against the state for its incredibly arbitrary selection process, and even then that was only to ruin his claim in the case. You have literally zero chance of getting one.

One guy got threatened, kidnapped twice, and beaten half to death, and NJ didn't give him a CCW permit until he became a plaintiff in a case against the state for its incredibly arbitrary selection process, and even then that was only to ruin his claim in the case. You have literally zero chance of getting one.

that was the guy that got drove like 2000 miles away from NJ right?

THIS!

I remember the entire case. It was brought by the ANJRPC, the State NRA Assn. They (the issuing authority or judge) gave-in to his request due to pressure from INSIDE the System, to GET RID OF HIM as a complaintant with a really legitamit gripe that wouldn't "play well in the Press and other Media outlets". It was done more to damage a good case than to help the guy in question defend himself.

It's a real shame!

Dave

You could run for governor, and if you win then you would have some body guards. In your case, I think I would move to a more gun-friendly state as soon as possible.. You would have more options and have some miles between you and these thugs.

Sounds like a job my sister has worked at for the last thirty years since college. She's down south in one of the nation's top ten psychiatric hospitals. Although she's received accolades for her work, has had her work published in medical journals and can be found on the internet today, it has not come without sacrifice. In the years she's spent with people in various capacities, she's been stabbed with a pencil through her lung, beaten with a pool cue by the same people she's trying to help get adjusted back to life. All while "on the job." She's been threatened dozens of times by these same types of people. For some, "adjustment" is impossible, based on the environments they've come from that has adversely contributed to molding their personalities. But, the state says you have to try and rehabilitate them.

I think it can't hurt to try.

NJ seems to regard employment-based CCW permits as a "justifiable need." But then again, part of the Muller case was an FBI employee whose name and home address ended up on a terrorist website.

I don't know where you live, but I would go to your local Senator and Assemblyman and let them know about this. Tell them your story and how you want to apply for a CCW, but are afraid that it will get rejected. Let them fight for you.

Sounds like a job my sister has worked at for the last thirty years since college. She's down south in one of the nation's top ten psychiatric hospitals. Although she's received accolades for her work, has had her work published in medical journals and can be found on the internet today, it has not come without sacrifice. In the years she's spent with people in various capacities, she's been stabbed with a pencil through her lung, beaten with a pool cue by the same people she's trying to help get adjusted back to life. All while "on the job." She's been threatened dozens of times by these same types of people. For some, "adjustment" is impossible, based on the environments they've come from that has adversely contributed to molding their personalities. But, the state says you have to try and rehabilitate them.

Maybe I'm a barbarian, but do these people really serve a purpose? It seems like they're merely eating up resources, and shouldn't be kept. I mean They're a danger to others, they don't contribute to society, and they cost money to feed, shelter, and isolate. It just seems like a waste of resources.

I think it can't hurt to try.

Hate to be the wet blanket, but it can indeed hurt to try. Upon being denied a NJ CCW permit, you will forever be required to answer "yes" to questions such as "have you ever been denied a gun permit" that tend to appear on other states' CCW applications. Personally, I'm not comfortable with being required to explain that detail for the rest of my life.

This is probably the reason why there hasn't been any staged "mass CCW apply" protest actions in NJ.

for more background i'm in the line of work Parkers sister does. I work at a county crisis center of a major medical center. i'm more concerned with protecting my family and myself when in AC and the surrounding area. unfortunately the city is a magnate for some very bad people most others are unaware of and incidents that are kept out of the press.

With my wife just working for the welfare office I wish she could carry. Those workers get threatened and harassed on a daily basis. One woman was ran over in the parking lot. They have a part time security guard who is an ex chief of police but they don't allow him to carry in the building. But the woman I feel the worse for is the fraud investigator home inspector. She does surprise visits to people's houses that are suspected of welfare fraud. She gets put into a dangerous situation on a daily basis and that 5'2" woman has no protection. They do have a button in the building that alarms the police but that's not always fast enough.

Maybe I'm a barbarian, but do these people really serve a purpose? It seems like they're merely eating up resources, and shouldn't be kept. I mean They're a danger to others, they don't contribute to society, and they cost money to feed, shelter, and isolate. It just seems like a waste of resources.

There is a difference between being mentally ill and evil. I also realize there are many that think the evil can be rehabilitated and lump them with the mentally ill. Perhaps you'd like camps established for them where they are required to wear six pointed stars of different colors to identify their "problem". We could come up with economical ways to eliminate them.

I think this was tried before.

Do this

Ray,

You're ALWAYS so eloquent, even as a man with few words, lol!

My Mom used to work at the Vroom Building in Trenton (Prison for the Criminally Insane) as a visiting PYSC Nurse from a State-run Mental Hospital. Her first-person stories (long before HIPPA) would make the hairs on the back of your neck stand-up! Some people could be helped, others were just EVIL and deserved to die (her words)!

You could try, but I hightly doubt you will be successful... unless you have some very high political connections with your local police chief and the superior court of NJ.

Can't probation officers carry in NJ? They do just about everywhere else.

probably not, since the people they monitor are the ones that get in trouble before they go to jail and not on parole.

I think even correction officers can't carry off duty.

probably not, since the people they monitor are the ones that get in trouble before they go to jail and not on parole.

I think even correction officers can't carry off duty.

I believe COs can in NJ. There's a few on the forum so I'm sure they'll chime in on this.

No. By your own admission you've been threatened for 20 years and you're still alive. If you had been killed, you'd be eligible.

Have you ever read Catch-22?

LOL to that!

Logically, one would think that being threatened by a murderer would be sufficient to obtain a CCW permit, but apparently, logic does not apply in PRNJ. I was just reading another article yesterday, written by someone in a free state, about how we should keep ourselves armed so we can protect ourselves and our families; and it's really starting to irk me that our state will not allow us to defend ourselves against predators.