Sign in to follow this  
MedicYeti

Food reccomendations LBI

Harvey Cedars Shell Fish House... Byob..opens at 5 I believe... Want to listen to fisherman stories, Kubels in Barnegat Light.... Decent food, brew and clams on the half shell... :)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Its been a while since I've spent some time in LBI, but I used to get a beach house in Beach Haven every summer. From what I remember, Tuckers and Howards were both pretty good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I am very fond of LA's on rt 72 on your way to the Island. Excellent food at reasonable prices.

Thanks for all the suggestions. We will check out Tucker's next time. We hit LA's and had decent food. My ribs were good and the wife's chicken pasta dish was very good. My veggies weren't bad but they tasted like they came out of a steam fresh bag and the little guys Mac and cheese was most likely Kraft (his favorite but I expect more for the price).

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Price isn't the major concern, it's value for the price. My wife and I went to Morimotos for an anniversary and spent $500 on dinner. The food and the experience were awesome and well worth the price. If a restaurant is charging $6 for Kraft Mac and Cheese, I feel it's not a good value. At least sprinkle some shredded cheese and bread crumbs on top and make it look like something extra.

All in all, the place was decent.

Unfortunately we don't have the money for Morimotos anymore.

Ok, I'll be down at LBI for the half of next week. FWIW, I have significant time down there. Actually met my wife at the Ketch and got married on the beach at the Shell.

Tuckers...good all around

Chicken and the Egg, excellent breakfast, very kid / family friendly

Howards - Good more for adults

Black Whale - excellent food alround (by Morrison's Marina)

Mud City is off the Island - Also excellent. I used to surf with one of owners, Eric Magaziner. If you stop in, tell him Scotty Death says hey.