Duppie

Your First Hangun?

I'll play:

My first was a S&W Model 19 .357 4" Combat Magnum. Got it using my HS graduation gift monies back in '77. Less than $250 out the door back then if memory is correct! Still in "on-duty" service as I type this, with .38 Spl.+P Federal Hydro-Shocks. Taught the Wife how to shoot it over 30 years ago back when we first were going out. Love that gun, and will never sell it! I started-out a Wheelgunner, and I'll die a Wheelgunner, but my next favorite is my Springfield 1911-A1 .45 which I can hit a B-27 target with @ 100 yards. My .44 Magnum Model 29 S&W is smooth as a baby's behind. I use it for USPSA w/ .44 Spl.'s that more than make Major PF!

First handgun, Taurus 66... It isn't my favorite, but we have bonded and it is accurate and well-made. Still, if a S&W Model 60 came around, I might have to let her go...

I did make a mistake with my 2nd handgun. The Beretta 92FS was awesome, but it just was a little too big in my hands. I still regret letting it go but she has a replacement I like better.

For me, guns are tools. There are certainly guns I admire, but if it doesn't fit my purpose I wouldn't get it.

My first handgun was a revolver, a stainless steel 357 magnum Ruger GP100 with a 5" barrel. It's still my favorite, all 43 oz of it. After that I got another 357 magnum revolver, a SP101 with a 3" barrel. It's quite stimulating firing 357 magnum ammo in it and is my second favorite. My last purchase was a SIG P226 in 9MM, I also enjoy shooting it but not as much as my revolvers.

The Ruger 357's have a pair of of 357 lever action Rossi Model 92's,one blued 16" barrel and one stainless steel 24" octagon barrel to keep them company.

First handgun was a Colt .45 ACP Combat Elite 1911. Best first gun for a woman? No , I doubt it. But I love it and am finally learning to manage the snappiness and stay on target. I'll never sell it unless it is to feed my kids or something.They would have to all get paper routes first though.

I have that gun too.Bought it off another member here .Will never sell it either .Love CZs.

My CZ has spoiled me for any other semi auto.......Next ,686 with a 3 inch barrel.

First handgun was a Brownng Buckmark Camper. Was in the market for a .22 and was leaning toward the Beretta Neos, but had a hard time finding one in NJ, and I liked the feel of the Buckmark. Great little .22, accurate, easy to clean, eats pretty much whatever I feed it. Looking at a Tactical Solutions barrel and grips for Christmas!

I would like a CZ 75B DA/SA

I've had mine for a little over 7 months now and have put maybe 800 rounds through her of all types of ammo without so much as a shudder. Trigger smoothed out and the gun just makes me appear to be a better shot than I am.

when i was getting into this stuff last year i shot my friends glock 17. i was gung ho glock right up untill about 2 weeks before i was to buy and i shot a beretta 92fs at targetmaster. it blew the glock away for me so i got the beretta. no regrets, though i will still get a glock one day, and probably a px4.

Went with a fairly high-priced pistol as my first with the H&K P30 and have not regretted it even once. 4.2k rounds through it and have not had a single hiccup yet. I will have to go with the "marriage," option with this case. If I had CCW-able as a requirement I am sure this would not be the case though. I am skinny like woah and doubt I could conceal anything not in the subcompact category. I like it so much in fact that I am actually saving up for another one because 2 is 1 and 1 is none!

Went with a fairly high-priced pistol as my first with the H&K P30 and have not regretted it even once. 4.2k rounds through it and have not had a single hiccup yet. I will have to go with the "marriage," option with this case. If I had CCW-able as a requirement I am sure this would not be the case though. I am skinny like woah and doubt I could conceal anything not in the subcompact category. I like it so much in fact that I am actually saving up for another one because 2 is 1 and 1 is none!

Believe it or not, being skinny allows you to conceal a larger firearm. At 5'10" 175lbs i can coneal a full-sized USP45 under a polo shirt using an iwb holster.

I grew up with shotguns and bolt/lever action rifles so I was a late bloomer for handguns.

I bought my first handgun in 1995. I wanted a Sig P220 but could not afford it. So I bought a SS Ruger KP90, and after an unknown amount of rounds, I still have it and like it.

Believe it or not, being skinny allows you to conceal a larger firearm. At 5'10" 175lbs i can coneal a full-sized USP45 under a polo shirt using an iwb holster.

Not when u are wearing your skinny jeans

I am 5'9" and 140 on a rainy day lol. So yeah... love my skinny jeans. What trigger variant do you have on your USP? I would love to put on a few pounds but no matter how much I eat it seems to not matter. Damn you asian metabolism!

I am 5'9" and 140 on a rainy day lol. So yeah... love my skinny jeans. What trigger variant do you have on your USP? I would love to put on a few pounds but no matter how much I eat it seems to not matter. Damn you asian metabolism!

Yea, you're tiny. My USPs are all either da/sa w/ decocker and safety, or Light LEM. Some have match mainsprings and some do not. I'd like to convert the USP45f to a "Hybrid Match-LEM" as soon as the match trigger with overtravel stop is back in stock.