NJDrew1

Here we go again. This time at Texas A&M

This is unprecedented, so many events so quickly, what the hell is going on?

This really has me worried for us law-abiding citizens.

Meh, I really dont think this is so " out of the ordinary ".

The ugly truth this has always been happening, The news just chooses to report it now because the whole anti-gun thing is hot right now.

There are probably 3-4 murders a night in newark, why arent we hearing about them?

The ugly truth this has always been happening, The news just chooses to report it now because the whole anti-gun thing is hot right now.

There are probably 3-4 murders a night in newark, why arent we hearing about them?

Because they were likely done with illegal guns by people who were already prohibited from owning. It still makes stuff harder for us.

Let's wait for some actual details to come in before we make any judgements. This only hit the news because it happened near a campus so the media jumps all over it. Most likely this was some career criminal attempting to avoid capture using an illegally obtained firearm. Just like what happens in every major city hundreds of times a year.

Strike while the iron is hot to help promote mass hysteria to push their agenda... On the flip side... these occurrences are increasing because these crazy attention seekers are getting exactly what they want.. for people to see their face and get their story out. STOP BROADCASTING THE IDENTITIES OF THE SHITBAGS

Completely agree, there are shooting everyday but once somethng happens like the aurora shooting the media loves to capitalize the issue

Well, the latest reports I saw on the NJ2AS facebook was that this shooting wasn't on campus, but rather a residential area nearby. Likely just a typical dirtbag criminal who, for whatever reason, didn't realize the area around the campus is likely a gun-free zone.

*UPDATE* two seconds after I posted this, Gunforhire mentioned they were serving an eviction notice. One police officer dead.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/13/13261291-police-constable-civilian-killed-as-gunman-opens-fire-near-texas-am?lite

A police constable and a civilian were killed when a gunman opened fire Monday near the campus of Texas A&M University in College Station.

Brian Bachmann, 41, the elected constable for Precinct 1 in Brazos County, was fatally injured, Assistant College Station Police Chief Scott McCollum told reporters. An unidentified civilian was pronounced dead and three other people were injured, not all of them by gunfire, he said.

Let's wait for some actual details to come in before we make any judgements. This only hit the news because it happened near a campus so the media jumps all over it. Most likely this was some career criminal attempting to avoid capture using an illegally obtained firearm. Just like what happens in every major city hundreds of times a year.

I must say it's quite ironic that you say we should wait for details before making any judgments (Highlighted in blue)...then take a wild guess as to what happened (Highlighted in red). I might also add that you were the first to take a guess as to what happened without details :)

I must say it's quite ironic that you say we should wait for details before making any judgments (Highlighted in blue)...then take a wild guess as to what happened (Highlighted in red). I might also add that you were the first to take a guess as to what happened without details :)

You wouldn't call it ironic if you knew me. :p

All these events are succeeding in is to cause shooters to freak out and go crazy buying more guns and hoarding ammo..driving prices through the roof and out of stock - back order expected in Jan 2013 notes on every website..lets relax a little here..nothing gets through congress this fast...especially during an election when the demos will go nowhere near anything anti gun...Even that nitwit Harry Reid said there's no room for anti gun debate in the senate this year..and thank god the republicans control the house

This is unprecedented, so many events so quickly, what the hell is going on?

This really has me worried for us law-abiding citizens.

No it isn't. We just had a break for a while. It has been media sop in the wake of a mass shooting to label any assault with a firearm interrupted by police or a third party as a mass shooting that was stopped until proven otherwise. If that doesn't happen in the first 24 hours, it usually never gets corrected.

Yeah, I sincerely doubt anything's going to happen here. Seems like everybody already knows it was an eviction and not a mass university ASSAULT shooting, so no one cares. The Holmes thing has died down too. I liken the antigunners to a very small dog whose bark is worse than his bite. You'll hear it and it'll annoy the crap out of you, but in the end it ain't gonna do anything because no one cares.

The world is just a nastier place because of the recession, global credit crisis. Sikh shooter UNEMPLOYED. Aurora: tons of college debt, no job prospects.. When the outlook on life is great (2003 - 2008) people have reasons to live. Think of the economy as like cocaine, when there's lots of it around everybody feels great.. Take it away and bad things happen.

(the cocaine analogy was probably a bad example.. ummm. drug wars lead to more shooting.. ) :-)