Babyface Finster

Recommend a range bag

I was originally planning to just use a small gym bag I have lying around, but now I think I want a true range bag for better organization.

Any recommendations? My criteria:

1) Will carry a maximum of 3 full-size pistols, butmost often will be 2.

2) Black. No camos or other colors

3) Prefer plain-Jane with no logos

4) Prefer nylon to canvas

5) Cheaper is better

Thanks for the input.

Mine usually come with me. Even walks in on her own two feet! (Ouch!! Sorry hun, just kidding!) ;)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I like voodoo tactical products. I just got there 42inch double rifle bag. My last range session I used it fit my ar shotgun and 50rounds of shotty ammo mags a scope 200 rounds of 556. Targets and I still had plenty of room. And it comes with back pack attachment molle hook ups shoulder strap and can hold 2 pistols. I love it

Get a dedicated range bag. Midway bags are a good cheap bag. If you want backpack style, get an IShot. Gurkha backpack. Totally awesome for a range bag.

I use a Brownells competition deluxe bag and extremely happy with it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I use a tool bag from Advanced Auto parts. It was $25.00, it's made of heavy nylon, has a bunch of pockets and it has a large bottom compartment that can fit a plastic handgun case. I wish it was a bit bigger, but otherwise works great and can't beat the price, even if you just use it until you find a great deal on one.

post-4742-134636434263_thumb.jpg

post-4742-134636438242_thumb.jpg

post-4742-134636442179_thumb.jpg

post-4742-134636445336_thumb.jpg

You may also want to check-out Competitve Edge Dynamics. REALLY heavy-duty! Water resistant codura nylon. Zippered gun pouches & built-in mag holders. Mine routinely carries 4-5 hand guns, mags, speed-loaders, ammo, brass catcher, cleaning rag, etc. Had mine for at least 8-9 years already with practically NO sign of wear! Best sporting goods investment I ever made!

Dave

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/dtpro-triple-threat-tool-bag-92173.aspx

Very heavy duty, plenty of room for 4+ hand guns, ammo, eyes, targets, tools, etc

even has magazine pockets to hold 10 mags inside.

And best of all it looks like a tool bag.

Just FYI the midway bags are the cheap Chinese knock offs of an American product sold by shooters connection. Midway said they wanted to sell his stuff, and when he wouldn't cheapen the design, took his bag to the Chinese and basically said sue us.

So for all you folks that talk about buy American....

Chuck at shooters connection has provided enough good service to me, I won't touch the things.

Just FYI the midway bags are the cheap Chinese knock offs of an American product sold by shooters connection. Midway said they wanted to sell his stuff, and when he wouldn't cheapen the design, took his bag to the Chinese and basically said sue us.

So for all you folks that talk about buy American....

Chuck at shooters connection has provided enough good service to me, I won't touch the things.

I think my Competitve Edge Dynamics Bag is too old to be a "knock-off". Bill told me to get it or got it for me years before he died and it's still going strong. He KNEW bags!

IMHO buy a simple Jansport Backpack from Target. I use a larger gym bag. Not that I'm paranoid, but I don't like to transport in anything that screams "gun."

Agreed. Lands End used to make an extremely large canvas diaper bag and it is perfect for handguns, and it looks rather manly for a diaper bag. The newer designed Lands End bags are inferior. Pick up a kid's sippy cup and place it visibly in the side pocket and it looks like a diaper bag and functions nicely. And, the internal changing pad makes a nice thing to lay handguns on at the range. Just realize with lead and all that once you go that route, it should probably never be used as a diaper bag, again... There are others that might work, including large tote bags that have zippers and diaper bag backpacks.

There are also a variety of soft coolers out there and backpacks of all kinds (including diaper bags) that would work great.

There are some large sports duffle bags that might work for carbines, etc., hockey gear bags, golf bags, etc. An army duffle bag over your shoulder going to your car with you carrying your ammo case and pistol bag hidden in a laundry basket works nicely, unless you can load in your garage.

I think my Competitve Edge Dynamics Bag is too old to be a "knock-off". Bill told me to get it or got it for me years before he died and it's still going strong. He KNEW bags!

I was talking about the midway bags. The CED bags are actually significantly different than the shooters connection bags. They are still made well. Most CED things are not made here, so I assume that bag is not either.

Thanks for the opinions. The Midway bag look pretty good, but between the big white logo (don't know why, it just turns me off) and the shipping cost I'm not sure I want to go that route. Do they ever have free shipping offers?

I saw this one at CTD http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MOLLE-404 Looks pretty good and not too big. It's smaller and that might be a good thing for me. I don't plan to carry a ton of stuff. and if I have the space I'll probably end up lugging around things I will never need at the range.

Decisions, decisions...

I was talking about the midway bags. The CED bags are actually significantly different than the shooters connection bags. They are still made well. Most CED things are not made here, so I assume that bag is not either.

O-K, thanks Matt! I never looked at the tag...don't even know IF there is one to find...Bill may have cut the tag off? Take care and enjoy your holiday weekend!

I use luggage. I bought a $100 luggage set at Kmart and dedicated 3 pieces to the range and 2 pieces to travel. It's called "American Tourister" which is embarrassingly gay but these things are tough as heck. I use hard cases for rifles (or wrap them in blankets if I have a zillion for some reason) and I use old ass computer bags for subgun-style things.

I was originally planning to just use a small gym bag I have lying around, but now I think I want a true range bag for better organization.

Any recommendations? My criteria:

1) Will carry a maximum of 3 full-size pistols, butmost often will be 2.

2) Black. No camos or other colors

3) Prefer plain-Jane with no logos

4) Prefer nylon to canvas

5) Cheaper is better

Thanks for the input.

I got the large size of this bag:

http://www.llbean.co...roductId=969046

Doesn't meet all your requirements, but it will hold 3 Glocks in their cases (if you need to take them all), ammo and speed loaders and all my other stuff. Free shipping and guaranteed to last.

...and just in case you're wondering what's in the range bag:

Range Bag Contents

1. Firearms

2. Gun cable or trigger locks

3. Empty chamber or open bolt indicator flags

4. 100 of ammo for each caliber

5. Ammo Magazines, stripper clips, moon clips , Garand en bloc clips

6. Magazine pouches

7. UpLula and StripLuLa magazine loaders

8. Eye protection

9. Ear Plugs and Ear Muffs

10. Small field glasses/binoculars

11. Targets: pie plates, shoot ‘n see, pistol or rifle, colored stick on dots, Balloons

12. Staple gun and package of staples

13. 2 large binder clips

14. Tape: Electrical, Masking and Duct

15. Small First Aid Kit: w/ band-aids, finger cots, saline eye wash, latex or nitrile gloves, disinfectant hand wipes, combat gauze

16. Various sharpie colors

17. Adjustment tools: firearms, laser, back straps, screwdriver w/torx/hex bits, Leatherman MUT EOD

18. Small terrycloth towels

19. Cleaning supplies: solvent (Hoppes or CLP, etc.), brushes, cotton patches, silicone cloth, oil, in zip lock bags, q-tips

20. 10’ paracord

21. Mini flash light

22. Bag for spent brass if you are reloading

23. Snacks & water

24. Wooden dowel for squib round testing

25. Baseball cap

I got the large size of this bag:

http://www.llbean.co...roductId=969046

Doesn't meet all your requirements, but it will hold 3 Glocks in their cases (if you need to take them all), ammo and speed loaders and all my other stuff. Free shipping and guaranteed to last.

...and just in case you're wondering what's in the range bag:

I have the smaller version, quality bag, easy to look inside and find stuff, stuff disappears inside a black bag.

Range Bag Contents

1. Firearms

2. Gun cable or trigger locks

3. Empty chamber or open bolt indicator flags

4. 100 of ammo for each caliber

5. Ammo Magazines, stripper clips, moon clips , Garand en bloc clips

6. Magazine pouches

7. UpLula and StripLuLa magazine loaders

8. Eye protection

9. Ear Plugs and Ear Muffs

10. Small field glasses/binoculars

11. Targets: pie plates, shoot ‘n see, pistol or rifle, colored stick on dots, Balloons

12. Staple gun and package of staples

13. 2 large binder clips

14. Tape: Electrical, Masking and Duct

15. Small First Aid Kit: w/ band-aids, finger cots, saline eye wash, latex or nitrile gloves, disinfectant hand wipes, combat gauze

16. Various sharpie colors

17. Adjustment tools: firearms, laser, back straps, screwdriver w/torx/hex bits, Leatherman MUT EOD

18. Small terrycloth towels

19. Cleaning supplies: solvent (Hoppes or CLP, etc.), brushes, cotton patches, silicone cloth, oil, in zip lock bags, q-tips

20. 10’ paracord

21. Mini flash light

22. Bag for spent brass if you are reloading

23. Snacks & water

24. Wooden dowel for squib round testing

25. Baseball cap