Big Mack

SVT 40!

Just picked this bad boy up today. It's a 1941 Tula manufactured and she's in beautiful shape. I'v been dying to add something nice to my WWII collection so i took the plunge... I cant wait to get it out to the range. Here's a few quick shitty picks from my phone haha.

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? This has been on my "Want" list for a while.

Paid a lot more then I had Hahaha, I just couldn't let it go though, been looking so long for a nice one it was $1400. Thank god for all the plastic in my wallet

Thank you, thank you. I know I'm going to love it. As long as the weather is nice i might take out the whole WWII collection and bring it to R14 on wednesday. Probably the best thing about this gun is that it eats the 7.62x54r. Keep it fed for cheep. I'm sure ill have a 1000 round through it in no time.

Looks like my WW2 bring back. If you haven't done so already make sure you check the gas system pretty good before you shoot it and get a gas adjustment tool. I am assuming this is a mismatched Finn capture? Most of the non-refurbished guns have heavily corroded gas systems.

Took a few nice pic's picks to email to my buddy so i figured id throw them up on here as well. Forgot to also mention that its an all matching svt40, except the mag. It also has the scope notches on the receiver so ill probably pick up a P/U for it one day.

DSC_1084.jpg

DSC_1085.jpg

DSC_1086.jpg

DSC_1087.jpg

DSC_1088.jpg

DSC_1089.jpg

very nice, you don't see matching guns very often. Is it SA marked on the reciever or mag?

Theres no SA on it, or any of that electro pencil bs to force match. So its probably not a Finn capture, or a russkie rebuild. The only serial numbers i could find on the bolt, trigger group, receiver, and stock are all factory stamped and matching. I have a feeling as i pull it apart to check the gas system i might find a mismatching number or two on some of the parts. Im not to familiar with how much the red's numbered everything, i just know my mosin has mismatching numbers all over it! and this only has a few numbers, but matching, accept for the date on top. The mag has two mismatching numbers on it, on the side of the mag and the bottom plate. Im thinking maybe it might be some kind of a vet bring back? I know thats a long shot but possible. Or it could have just been in good shape after the war and maybe just cleaned real good, dumped in grease and stored. Who knows??

Either way I can't wait to shoot it tomorrow. The gas system is currently set to 1.5 which seems to be were most people are shooting them at (1.3-1.5). I read that anything past 1.7 can damage the gun. I'm going out today to try and find the adjuster tool and new manufactured 54R just to test then, ill move to the mill. surplus stuff.