Sign in to follow this  
PDM

This is What We Are Up Against

Read this article: http://www.northjersey.com/news/Poll_New_Jerseyans_still_back_strict_gun_control_but_more_favor_owners_rights.html

Even if the poll is somewhat skewed, it seems clear that the attitudes of people in this state are out of sync with the rest of the country. Hard to see how the laws here will change unless and until people's attitudes towards gun ownership changes. Also amazing how people believe that the "assault weapons" ban in this state has any meaning. As annoying as the law is, I think it best not to educate people on the fact that all the law does is ban meaningless cosmetic features. Things could actually become a lot worse if people catch on to the fact that you can legally buy an AR with minor cosmetic modifications in NJ.

what you don't realize is the decades of anti gun propaganda, restrictions and other indoctrinations have brainwashed the people of NJ and NY to the popint where its NEVER gonna change. Face the truth, because that is what it is. The Japanese and Nazis were brainwashed...as are muslims today. THAT is what you are looking at as a comparison.

They polled 916 people. That's less than the number of active PTCs in this state. Polls are statistical bullsh*t meant to sway the uninformed.

9,000,000 people in NJ and they asked 0.0001% what they thought, and this is supposed to indicate the general feeling? :facepalm:

They polled 916 people. That's less than the number of active PTCs in this state. Polls are statistical bullsh*t meant to sway the uninformed.

9,000,000 people in NJ and they asked 0.0001% what they thought, and this is supposed to indicate the general feeling? :facepalm:

Actually, yes. This is basic survey math. For 9,000,000 people with a 4% confidence interval (that's when you hear that the survey is accurate to + or - 4%) you only need 1037 for the confidence rate to be 99%. 916 isn't that far off from 1037 .

I'm more surprised that the ownership rate is 22%. This is very, very good news. When I made my video, I used data from 10 years ago that reflected an ownership rate of between 12% and 14%.

Believe it or not, this is a good poll.

Never realized we ever had anything in common with Zazis or Muslims......who would have guessed.

The nazi's followed a VERY similar pattern to what we are socialized with in this stae. They educated people that they should beleive certain things and that ideas that were not part of the "party line" were aberant and unaccepatable. History confims that 100%...hitler youth, SS doctrine, Japanese samurai culture of the 20-40's ....all very similar in it's manner of teaching and brainwashing. The methodology is frightening, effective and certainly similar. The message however is diiferent, but they way they are doing it is the same way...cradle to grave teaching, socilization and peer pressure. Agree or disagree, historically it is undeniable that state brainwashing is everpresent in societies that control the populus.

when you make the idea a beleif, it is very hard to change. this is what they are doing, making it akin to a religion

Read about it and learn just how similar the paths we really are going to that of history

What mcbethr said. It is a gross oversimplification to say that polls have no validity. If properly conducted, polls do have statistical significance. I would say the bigger problem is the way the media spins the poll results and the conclusions drawn. I've already seen this poll highlighted on NJ 12. Unfortunately, most people in NJ don't have the first clue regarding what NJ's gun laws actually say or do not say. Ongoing education of the public is key - and it starts with us. I've already taken 5 or 6 friends to the range, most of whom have never shot before. A few didn't like it, which is fine, and a few others now want to buy their own gun. I always take the opportunity to explain the basics of how NJ gun laws work (or don't work), and I do think that their eyes were opened as to the absurdity of many of NJ's laws.

Anyone notice the sweet anti gun collection? Man that is a nice lot of guns! Spikes Tactical, SCAR, 686, some SIGS.

I hope one day I can have that very same Anti gun collection myself.

0912A_GUNS_HN_40P.jpg

They polled 916 people. That's less than the number of active PTCs in this state. Polls are statistical bullsh*t meant to sway the uninformed. 9,000,000 people in NJ and they asked 0.0001% what they thought, and this is supposed to indicate the general feeling? :facepalm:

912 of them were probably from Bergan County. LOL

what you don't realize is the decades of anti gun propaganda, restrictions and other indoctrinations have brainwashed the people of NJ and NY to the popint where its NEVER gonna change. Face the truth, because that is what it is. The Japanese and Nazis were brainwashed...as are muslims today. THAT is what you are looking at as a comparison.

That's not it. What every poll like this leaves out is that most of the people being polled have no idea what the current level of gun control is. IF anyone ever gets me in an argument around here, thats one of the first things I ask them. Basically.. wait.. first, what do you think the process is to buy a gun. I don't explain it to them.. I let them explain it to me. Then every time they are wrong I interrupt them to tell them how many years they are doing in prison now.

From my experience, yes the average new jersyian is in favor of gun control. When presented with reality, the vast majority think the current state of affairs is sufficient or a bit messed up.

Think about how many people don't know how to fix their car themselves, people who describe themselves as religious and have never made it through the bible or whatever their tome of choice is, don't know what's in their processed food, etc.

Actually, yes. This is basic survey math. For 9,000,000 people with a 4% confidence interval (that's when you hear that the survey is accurate to + or - 4%) you only need 1037 for the confidence rate to be 99%. 916 isn't that far off from 1037 .

I'm more surprised that the ownership rate is 22%. This is very, very good news. When I made my video, I used data from 10 years ago that reflected an ownership rate of between 12% and 14%.

Believe it or not, this is a good poll.

Say what you want about it being a good poll, but if you take your sample from an area which is more likely to give you the results that you want, it's 100% bull-plop.

^ This!

If we conducted a poll on NJGF about gun ownership in NJ and made sure we got 1000 people to respond, we would see that support for stronger gun laws in NJ is overwhelmingly opposed. It might be a "good poll" but doesn't mean it's an accurate representation of public opinion.

I'm not suggesting that NJ is not anti-gun, but I am suggesting that they were working within an area that would give them the results they wanted.

Having dealt with Eagleton at Rutgers myself, and going to several lectures given by their polling director, I would say they are totally legit and follow all the standard protocol regarding polling. They didn't just stand out on the street and hand out surveys here. There's a specific process involved. Whatever the poll says, more often than not that IS indicative of the general population's feeling.

Did we read the article?

"Residents in the state’s urban centers and southern region were the most concerned about gun violence, according the poll."

If you poll anything in Bergen county your going to get almost a 50/50 split, just like many other counties in NJ.

This survey is actually pretty spot on in terms of NJ's political situation. It's almost a 50/50 split in terms of for/against gun control.

What mcbethr said. It is a gross oversimplification to say that polls have no validity. If properly conducted, polls do have statistical significance. I would say the bigger problem is the way the media spins the poll results and the conclusions drawn. I've already seen this poll highlighted on NJ 12. Unfortunately, most people in NJ don't have the first clue regarding what NJ's gun laws actually say or do not say. Ongoing education of the public is key - and it starts with us. I've already taken 5 or 6 friends to the range, most of whom have never shot before. A few didn't like it, which is fine, and a few others now want to buy their own gun. I always take the opportunity to explain the basics of how NJ gun laws work (or don't work), and I do think that their eyes were opened as to the absurdity of many of NJ's laws.

I'm on the same page as you.

Spread the word with friends and family.

Word of mouth has always been the best marketing

Did we read the article?

"Residents in the state’s urban centers and southern region were the most concerned about gun violence, according the poll."

If you poll anything in Bergen county your going to get almost a 50/50 split, just like many other counties in NJ.

This survey is actually pretty spot on in terms of NJ's political situation. It's almost a 50/50 split in terms of for/against gun control.

I bet you are the type of person that people need to explain jokes to. Just saying. LOL <=== BTW for future reference, LOL is a good indication someone is joking.

I bet you are the type of person that people need to explain jokes to. Just saying. LOL <=== BTW for future reference, LOL is a good indication someone is joking.

Simply putting an LOL at the end of a statement doesn't make it a joke, especially when it doesn't correlate. You could insert almost any county in NJ into your "joke" and it would have made just as little sense. Your spelling of Bergen was an indication to me you didn't know what you were talking about. I'm not really sure what you were getting at.

Simply putting an LOL at the end of a statement doesn't make it a joke, especially when it doesn't correlate. You could insert almost any county in NJ into your "joke" and it would have made just as little sense. Your spelling of Bergen was an indication to me you didn't know what you were talking about. I'm not really sure what you were getting at.

Seriously, who pissed in your Corn Flakes tool? It was a friggin joke, clean the sand out of your vag and move on already.