mikelets456

Pediatric Group Says ‘the Safest Home for Children is a Home Without Guns’

Really? Maybe Pediatricians should stick to saving the lives of their PATIENTS instead of this BS. I need to research this more, but I believe more kids die under pediatric care than this crap their pulling.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/pediatric-group-says-the-safest-home-for-children-is-a-home-without-guns/

This has been going on for years... doctors trying to get the kids to discuss the parent's firearms in the home, so it could be reported/recorded in the medical file... I don't have kids, but if I did, I would ALWAYS be in the room with the doctor, and if the doc didn't like it, I'd take my business elsewhere.

IT'S NONE OF THEIR DAMN BUSINESS!!!

73% of all accidental injury deaths in adolescents is caused by a motor vehicle. We have determined that the only safe world for a child is a world without cars.

Therefore we advocate waiting periods for purchase of deadly automobiles, safe storage of ignition implements using safes, key locks and lock boxes. Also, the introduction of a Federal Assualt Vehicle Ban for civilian purchase.

Nonsensical. AAP, get back to shilling for the drug companies and pushing innoculations for non-life-threatening illnesses so your masters can continue to make a buck.

IMHO, if you have a gun, if you have a gun and a kid, you need a safe. Heck, if you just have a gun a safe isn't a bad idea either. If someone breaks in to burgle the place, it may deter them from getting your gun more than a dresser drawer would.

I think I filled out one of these forms at my doctor. The question went like this:

* Do you own a firearm?

* If you own a firearm, is it locked up?

I answered yes.

I think that's all the doctors want is to keep the guns locked away from curious fingers. You could have a new parent who thinks his revolver is safe from his 3 year old if it is tucked away in his nightstand - and it's really not.

My kids have grown up shooting. I could leave my gun sitting on my desk and they wouldn't touch it: why would they? A gun is no different than a hammer to them. But I still lock my guns up. The Arabs have a saying: "Trust in Allah, but time your camel."

My kid's pediatricians response to a question about lead testing because I shoot a lot was basically... "do you know how hot your hot water is exactly?" He can do math. He gives a crap about the things most likely to harm the child. He's much more concerned about you scalding your baby, or not getting the kid vaccinated.

IMHO, if you have a gun, if you have a gun and a kid, you need a safe. Heck, if you just have a gun a safe isn't a bad idea either. If someone breaks in to burgle the place, it may deter them from getting your gun more than a dresser drawer would.

I think I filled out one of these forms at my doctor. The question went like this:

* Do you own a firearm?

* If you own a firearm, is it locked up?

I answered yes.

"

I would have answered "none of your damn business."

Or, at the very least, I would have lied and said "no." BECAUSE ITS NONE OF THEIR DAMN BUSINESS.

I grew up in a house with several loaded guns, all within my reach, and nothing bad ever happened. I'm not condoning it, if I had a kid I'd at least have a pistol safe for the beside-the-bed gun, but just because there is a gun and a kid in the same house means NOTHING with regards to anyone's safety. I also grew up in a house with knives, and alot of various solvents (flammable), highly poisonous cleaning products, a swimming pool (most child deaths every year come from drowning), and...nothing bad happened.

This is the AMA trying to build a case that firearms are a public health issue so that they can usurp congress' power and regulate them the way they do other public health risks. Beware.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

This is the AMA trying to build a case that firearms are a public health issue so that they can usurp congress' power and regulate them the way they do other public health risks. Beware.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

^^^^THIS^^^^!

Of course kids would be safer if guns weren't around! And swimming pools, and slippery steps, and left-wing whacko over-protective "helicopter" parents!

I still like Jim's ban on ASSualt vehicles the best! Oh, and while I'm "at it", anybody remember the little Staten Island Bimbo that fell into the open manhole while she was crossing the street and texting at the same time?? Let's ban texting altogether, so these kids learn how to speak and listen, so when they grow-up they can get a real job instead of working at fast food joints their entire lives!!!!!!

• Like 1

anybody remember the little Staten Island Bimbo that fell into the open manhole while she was crossing the street and texting at the same time?? Let's ban texting altogether,

Dude, you're SO wrong... we need to band MANHOLES.

The safest home for a child is one with discipline and accountability. Always has been always will be.

How dare you spew that kind of rhetoric.

The next thing you know, you'll be talking about personal responsibility.

We can't have that in an evolved civilization.

I could not dissagree more. My son is only 2 rite now but he will grow up with the proper knowledge about firearms.

When you look into gheto statistics things are different. If you are a responsible parent its perhaps not "more safe" but is no more dangerous either

Ken

• Like 1