RAL1979

Local nut denied FPID

This lady lives in my neighborhood , and she is interesting to say the least. Apparently she has been denied a FPID by Vernon Twp. as a threat to public health/safety. While she doesn't seem to be in any way legally prohibited, I can say with certainty that she's a nut. To me, it looks like the town has no leg to stand on. Thoughts?

https://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct3=MAA4AEgBUABgAWoCdXPYAQE&usg=AFQjCNE__nDw6K84iX9AxYfxphGDsc9npA&rt=HOMEPAGE&url=http://www.njherald.com/story/19934039/anti-hunt-activist-denied-firearms-id&ei=TDmNUID5K8_3ggf5_QE&sig2=Aqx1BFZHxbYb35Y7c8a5oA

Agreed, the article says that too

"While not having a firearms purchaser ID card would not necessarily preclude selling the shotguns and rifles, it could pose an issue if, for example, Kehoe was transporting the weapons at a trade show and was pulled over by an officer."

From the article:

"In 2010, she was found guilty of resisting arrest and of interfering with state wildlife officials who had been attempting to tranquilize a bear and change its radio collar batteries on Oct. 8, 2008, in Vernon. She was sentenced in July 2010 to one year of probation and $1,250 in fines."

From the article:

"In 2010, she was found guilty of resisting arrest and of interfering with state wildlife officials who had been attempting to tranquilize a bear and change its radio collar batteries on Oct. 8, 2008, in Vernon. She was sentenced in July 2010 to one year of probation and $1,250 in fines."

Now a convicted fellon, right? No posession of firearms allowed!

Exactly, why is her LAWYER even bringing that up.

If she needs to travel to sell them she does need an FID. Also it's the point that if I am correct on her only being charged with misdemeanors, she shouldn't be denied a FID. We may all think she is crazy but until a doctor tells the state that she is mentally unstable, guess what? it's only our opinion. If opinions decided who gets a FID in this state this forum would be pointless b/c nobody would own a gun. I just reread this and it sounds kinda rude. My apologizes in advanced. Just can't think of a better way of saying it :onthequiet: Edited by brocglock23

If she needs to travel to sell them she does need an FID. Also it's the point that if I am correct on her only being charged with misdemeanors, she shouldn't be denied a FID.

Maybe I should ask again. Are there misdemeanors in NJ?

If there are, any misdemeanors with any possibility of a sentence of two years is prohibiting under federal law, even if no sentence is issued and no jail time is required. I am going to assume that NJ laws are not less restrictive, but it wouldn't matter if they were.

Any state felony with a potential sentence exceeding one year is prohibitive.

Maybe I should ask again. Are there misdemeanors in NJ?

If there are, any misdemeanors with any possibility of a sentence of two years is prohibiting under federal law, even if no sentence is issued and no jail time is required. I am going to assume that NJ laws are not less restrictive, but it wouldn't matter if they were.

Any state felony with a potential sentence exceeding one year is prohibitive.

New Jersey does not have "misdemeanors". Here they are called "disorderly persons offenses". Just another way this state makes everything more difficult...

New Jersey does not have "misdemeanors". Here they are called "disorderly persons offenses". Just another way this state makes everything more difficult...

This. Nj has crimes and offenses. Crimes are 1st-4th degrees and offenses are disorderly persons and petty disorderly persons.

Maybe when they're 18, cutting to get your attention and willing to do anything. When they are 50+ slobs that are literally frothing at the mouth crazy, it ain't so hot.

yeah, true