Destinydog

Why I despise the USPS!

ON 11/14/12 i walked into a USPS Branch, bought a money order, put it in a flat rate priority mail envelope, added tracking, paid the fees and off it went. I tracked it for days and it never left the facility. After 4 days i called USPS and opened a case, i was promised a call back within 24 hours. That never occurred, called again, promised another call back within 24 hours and was given a number to a regional supervisor is considered the next step in the process. This number goes to a VM box that is full and it hangs up. Called back and was told i could write a letter to washington for a resolve. Now my only resolve is to go to the USPS and fill out a form and wait 60 days for them to issue a new money order. THIS SUCKS!

i was expecting a package last month....it doesnt arrive and I check the delivery confirm and it says "out for delivery" with a date of Nov 3....so now its almost 3 weeks later and I go to the Post Office to find out where it is...the woman behind the counter says...its out for delivery....i tell her that it hasnt been updated sice nov 3...and how can it be out for delivery for 3 weeks?! She just keeps saying .."Its out for delivery" I ask how long should I wait until I show up for my package? Is 3 weeks not enough for a package sent priority mail? ..."What if it never shows up?...do I still keep waiting because it says Out for delivery"..."are you an idiot?'...and then she says .."I cant help you go to that other line".....that other line has 15 people on it and is barely moving....so I wait a good 45 minutes...maybe more and get to the window...give the new woman the delivery confirm number....she goes into the back and what do ya know...there is my damn package! I didnt receive any delivery attempt notices either, but somehow its stamped that they tried 3 times to deliver it...This is at the worlds worst post office on 14th st in NYC btw....

My postman has been nothing but a problem for me since I moved to my location 6 years ago. If I get a package or envelope that needs to be signed for he doesn't get out of his truck he just puts a card in the box and then waits for me to sign it and leave it in the box. I noticed some days I don't get any mail which never happens at least there is junk mail then the next day I get a ton of mail, he just drives by when he feels like it. I have complained in the past but it seems that after I have complained I end up missing things. I have a very prominent car insurance provider and it always seems I never get any mail from them, I had late payments as I wasn't getting any bills. I ended up calling them and having them send me a letter and I waited a few days and it never came through. I truly believe he was throwing mail away. So I complained again and I started missing electric bills and a few other things so I ended up paying everything online that I could. He must of been in the PO for so long that he knows the dirty little secrets to getting by or he has pics of the Post Master doing some strange things. I have to live with it as complaining seems to make it worse and after more than a few complaints and still the same problems I gave up!!!

Since we're talking about mail and USPS, I just wish there was a way to stop all that junk mail from coming in. I do most of my bill-paying online so 95% of the time the crap is in my mailbox goes straight into the garbage.

I had the post office leave my rebuilt M1903 outside, in the rain, when it was sent back after having a replica Unertl scope installed. I was hot when I found out, being I probably have about $3,000 invested in that rifle. My girlfriend got home earlier than me, and pulled it out of the box as soon as she could.

ever seen the mailman place your package on the grass besides your mailbox post cause he won't put it front of your door?

Mine leaves my packages on the back of my mailbox post with essentially a big "please take me" sign on it. In fact, I had a pumpkin sitting there and it was knocked to the ground and a package elastic-banded to the post.

A little card at Christmas with some green goes a long way... My garbage men will take anything I put out! It's a shame my postal carrier switched midyear.

I guess Im fortunate. I know my carriers personally. They will call me if they have something big because they know it could be expensive or firearm related. Usually Ill just tell them what neighbor to leave it with or throw it on my porch. The post office though, thats a big problem. They flat suck!

Ken

We have a great mail carrier. She is tiny and I feel bad for her when she is delivering ammo, gives her a workout!

I get money orders from the post office and send them in "normal" mail, never had an issue.

Paul, if you have too many guns just forward some to me, I'll "store" them for awhile for you! :)

Yea usps is in the toilet. My brother in law works there and tells me how terrible of a place it is. Ive had really great carriers in th epast but now I have "equal oppertunity" carriers and they are super lazy. Alsways get someone elses mail and they just leave my packages on the ground outside and I have a sunroom they could put them in.

My postman has been nothing but a problem for me since I moved to my location 6 years ago. If I get a package or envelope that needs to be signed for he doesn't get out of his truck he just puts a card in the box and then waits for me to sign it and leave it in the box. I noticed some days I don't get any mail which never happens at least there is junk mail then the next day I get a ton of mail, he just drives by when he feels like it. I have complained in the past but it seems that after I have complained I end up missing things. I have a very prominent car insurance provider and it always seems I never get any mail from them, I had late payments as I wasn't getting any bills. I ended up calling them and having them send me a letter and I waited a few days and it never came through. I truly believe he was throwing mail away. So I complained again and I started missing electric bills and a few other things so I ended up paying everything online that I could. He must of been in the PO for so long that he knows the dirty little secrets to getting by or he has pics of the Post Master doing some strange things. I have to live with it as complaining seems to make it worse and after more than a few complaints and still the same problems I gave up!!!

If stuff is missing, go straight to the mail cops. https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/mlntrcvd.aspx

Priority Mail from Farmingdale, NY go figure. Email says sent 11/28/2012.

If it was UPS I would of had it yesterday.

Confirm Shipment Status

Shipment Information

Confirmation Number: Shipped on: November 28, 2012 Shipped via: USPS Priority Mail

Confirmation

Scan History

Date Time Location Status

November 30, 2012 11:45:00 KEARNY, NJ 07032 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

November 30, 2012 04:15:00 BETHPAGE, NY 11714 DEPART USPS SORT FACILITY

November 29, 2012 21:54:00 BETHPAGE, NY 11714 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

November 29, 2012 20:19:00 BETHPAGE, NY 11714 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

November 29, 2012 20:17:00 BETHPAGE, NY 11714 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

November 29, 2012 20:16:00 BETHPAGE, NY 11714 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

November 29, 2012 20:14:00 BETHPAGE, NY 11714 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

November 29, 2012 20:13:00 BETHPAGE, NY 11714 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

November 29, 2012 20:11:00 BETHPAGE, NY 11714 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

November 29, 2012 20:10:00 BETHPAGE, NY 11714 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

November 29, 2012 20:09:00 BETHPAGE, NY 11714 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

November 28, 2012 11:55:00 11735 Electronic Notification

Your item was delivered at 12:35 pm on November 29, 2012 in WAYNE, NJ 07470. Undeliverable as Addressed, November 28, 2012, 10:57 am, WAYNE, NJ 07470 Arrival at Post Office, November 28, 2012, 8:01 am, WAYNE, NJ 07470 Depart USPS Sort Facility, November 28, 2012, TETERBORO, NJ 07699 Processed through USPS Sort Facility, November 28, 2012, 5:06 am, TETERBORO, NJ 07699 Depart USPS Sort Facility, November 27, 2012, KEARNY, NJ 07032 Processed through USPS Sort Facility, November 26, 2012, 4:11 am, KEARNY, NJ 07032 Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 21, 2012

Note the underlined and bold...