Caine

School shooting in CT

What does faith have anything to do with this? You don't need faith to be a decent human being.

This also. I didn't grow up in a religious household. I do not believe in any one religion. My moral compass came from good family, and hard work ethics. I was always taught cause and affect. With every action, is a reaction. For fear of being a "bad person" I always managed to stay on the straight and narrow.

Society as a whole is a problem. A world where even the losers are "winners", and failures "pass"...where do they learn correction and right from wrong?

Like anything else religion can be perverted by demented people. Look at the hard core pro-lifers who kill abortion doctors, muslims who believe non-believers should be put to death, the crusades... Faith (organized religion or not) and morals are two completely different things. They aren't mutually inclusive!

Some people are just F*cked up, doesn't matter their walk of life, religious beliefs, etc.

Pretty much this^^^^^

However, I like this other post from another site...got me thinking a bit:

"Ya know . . . Years back there were sincere people who tried to find the true root of this public mass murder problem of modern times. For the most part, the shooters have been young males who are described these killers as sociopath zombie-like characters.

Starting back in the 1970s, the widespread use of prescription drugs to control "problematic" behavior in children really got underway. It seemed that liberal elitists as part of their utopian world dream concepts worked hard to prevent boys from being boys. It might be that in their effort to create the ideal little metro-sexual beta-male using behavior altering drugs, that monsters were hatched".

The bodies aren't even cold yet and you are already talking about your fear of losing guns. You're no better than people screaming for bans. People lost their kids today, think about that. There will be plenty of time to debate the rest.

"The bodies aren't even cold yet" Jeez, I hate that expression.

As soon as the story broke, antis were screaming for more gun control. When is the proper time in your opinion to counter their arguments with facts and logic, rather then emotion?

The Ryan Lanza pictured up thread has posted on his faceboook. It's not him.

Huffington post ......the bastion of true fact reporting :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/ryan-lanza-connecticut-elementary-shooter_n_2302541.html

CORRECTION: The original story in this entry, that was filed by a different author, misidentified a Facebook page as that of the shooter. We regret the error.

What does faith have anything to do with this? You don't need faith to be a decent human being.

They need to stop these stupid interviews.. This is the main reason he did it.. Nobody should know who he is..

THIS. Putting him in the spotlight post-tragedy, only creates a stage for future mass tragedy. People always want to "one-up" the last guy. Aurora, Oregon, now CT? I can see it now, "Mass tragedy sweeping across the nation"

Terribly heart breaking. I cant even begin to comprehend what those poor parents are going through right now. We need to stop giving these deranged crazies the recognition they want.

So now it's Adam Lanza(brother) that was the shooter? Guns owned by mother.

Ryan Lanza is in custody?

ALL Lanzas are dead. Ryan was the shooter. Adam was the brother. He was found dead in Ryans Hoboken residence.

Edit: I'm reading a ton of conflicting reports. I just read one that said Adam had Ryan Lanza's ID, which is why there was the confusion, and that Ryan is being questioned but not listed as a suspect.

Edited by A-Tech

They keep saying Ryan is in custody in NJ.

The guns were the moms, so they say...... but i haven't herd any facts on the actual guns used.

The LEO in charge came on and gave little details, yet the media is spinning out of control.... how does the LEO not disclose this info, yet the news seems to know ALL about it... so much friggen speculation not even funny.

Regardless of the coverage he will get, or how much we will know about him, remember something else .. someone knew him. Lots of people knew him, and this doesn't happen like a switch. How many people didn't get involved, how many people decided he might be screwed up but he was family or a friend, how many people had a bad vibe about him?

You can blame guns, society, movies, drugs, culture and the color of the sky. How many of us are going to blame ourselves for ignoring people just like him? This isn't about excusing his actions because daddy didn't hug him, this is about what everyone can do to avoid this happening again. You don't have to care about people, not be a dick to them, and getting them care when they need it just for them, you are also doing it for yourself and those who might end up hurt.

Can anyone here stand up, put their hand on their heart and say they've never been a bit mean to the odd guy, or ignored someone in their family who maybe should have had professional help, that they have never simply ignored a problem because it was easier then dealing with it? I sure as hell can't.

Can anyone here stand up, put their hand on their heart and say they've never been a bit mean to the odd guy, or ignored someone in their family who maybe should have had professional help, that they have never simply ignored a problem because it was easier then dealing with it? I sure as hell can't.

It's called human nature. We're all guilty of it.

One of the guys on my Pontiac forum lives in Newtown CT...... He went to that school....

Good news ..... his kids are fine.... But he just had to tell his 11yr old daughter that her friends little sister, was one of the deceased .......

Prayers for all involved..... This is truly an open wound for all of us.....

Awesome. Dumb ass Wolff Blitzer just announced, after an interview with an 8 year old, "We only interview kids with their parents permission". Awesome. You need ratings so bad you are willing to exploit children and parents are so messed up, they allow their children to be exploited for 1 minute of fame.

I hope the Mayans are right. Society is F-ed.

And to clarify my comments about religion before a flame war starts: mine were in reference with how I'll cope and comprehend with such an incident. Ultimately, that decision to do so is individual. Religion being a moral compass is all relative as been stated.

either way, gun laws, and all other anit/for gun posts.... this was VERY VERY bad.

Imagine holding your 8 year old in your arms that was waiting for santa to come? Unreal...

At the end of the day.. this is a def a -1 for guns and Call of Duty Games.... where you literally run around as fast as you can and kill as much as you can. Do i kick ass in this game... yeap. But there are f'd up people out there that literally play 4-8 hours a day and mentally go over this stuff in their crazy heads.

TIMELINE of Recent Shootings... This is not good... and if someone goes to argue with me about gun control i really can't argue to hard in this instance. I just can't in good conscious argue against this recent tragedy.

http://news.yahoo.com/tiimeline-major-shooting-incidents-united-states-185007308.html

and if someone goes to argue with me about gun control i really can't argue to hard in this instance. I just can't in good conscious argue against this recent tragedy.

Because it isn't about guns, it is about people. Good or bad, but people. On the same damn day a guy in China went after 22 kids with a knife. A gallon of gasoline and a match would work just as well.

It is easier to blame the tools, so we avoid dealing with the real problems.

Because it isn't about guns, it is about people. Good or bad, but people. On the same damn day a guy in China went after 22 kids with a knife. A gallon of gasoline and a match would work just as well.

I def agree,,, the family unit has changed a LOT recently, id say since maybe about "birth control" times when women used to be the responsible ones... this changed the family unit for the worse... (this info was given to me by a female professor at a major university in Philadelphia) And since this really short period in time things have changed so rapidly so quickly for the worse.

I was saying this earlier. I was stating how NYC has a ban on soda over a certain size. They blame the sugary drinks for obesity problems, when in reality they are passing the blame. Instead of addressing the sedentary lifestyle most people live today, they blame an item that when consumed in large portions isn't good for healthy active individuals.

Idk.... This I a very sad day... Prayers for the families and everyone affected.

I've started saying this...

It's like covering up the turd that's on the floor with a newspaper so you don't have to see it..... but it's still there.... and you smell it.... and trying to deal with it later will be much much worse.

..and if someone goes to argue with me about gun control i really can't argue to hard in this instance. I just can't in good conscious argue against this recent tragedy.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree that this is not the incident to get into a gun rights shouting match over, but I don't think you have to sit there and act as if you agree that gun control is the answer to this. My position with anyone that I end up talking about this with would be that, 'It's absolutely awful that this happened, but I never have and never will believe that madmen who choose to do violence will simply give up on the idea if they can't get a firearm. Even if you accept the highly unlikely idea that guns in dangerous hands can be effectively confiscated just because some new laws are passed, people like this are just going to start using home made bombs, molotov cocktails, swords, or even just a car. Trying to make it harder for them to get guns isn't going to suddenly turn them into decent people.'