Caine

School shooting in CT

Boss just threatened to fire me today because I'm a gun-rights supporter. This isn't going to go well for us law-abiding citizens...

Too bad you did not get that on tape! Next time you talk to him, put your phone on video and record his conversation. What he said was discriminatory and illegal.

Boss just threatened to fire me today because I'm a gun-rights supporter. This isn't going to go well for us law-abiding citizens...

I just read a post on another forum where someone suggested the murder of all gun owners as a solution to crime. I'm sure that douchebag would have made Pol pot, Mao, Hitler, Stalin, and Matsui proud.

killing 20 innocent children wasn't "off" enough?

I'm talking about the report. we all know that this bastard was off. just doesn't make sense. if he was hell bent on killing why he would stop, put the gun in the trunk, then go back in the school to kill himself.

OMG.... I am saddened beyond belief. This hits home. One of my jobs is private armed security for a upper middle class private religious school. I cannot EVEN picture in my mind the horrible scene in Ct. God Bless those DEAR Children. I am so heartbroken...

I leave my personal life at the door when i go to work, so i dont have to worry about this or anything else, but i do work in a very judgmental workforce. I'm pretty sure they all know im conservative, but i never talk politics.

A friend of mine, who isn't really a gun guy, brought up an interesting thing. He said its funny people blame the guns but when you look at many of these mass shootings many of the killers were on hardcore anti depressants and he said he's read studies where many of these drugs can cause extreme violence in people. Why is no one blaming big pharma for this?

(1) - They have better, (or should I say bigger check books), lobbyist's.

(2) - See # 1

Your friend is spot on about anti-depressants causing people to do bad stuff. My former neighbor was one of the nicest, likeable, fun loving guys you'd ever meet. Guess what... he starts taking that crap and the next thing you know he's chasing his wife down the street with a kitchen knife. My best friends wife also started taking that crap after years of depression, she put a 20 gauge in her mouth and blew her brains out in the living room. There are more that I personally know of, so you friend is correct. And I did'nt even do a study.

Pharma/Govt' conspiracy for population control.

Don't you work at a bible store or something?

Man one of the farthers of a dead girl - did a press conference today...Obviously in shock...Reached out to the killers familly with love (I couldn't do that, so God bless him)...

This killer was possesed by the devil, forget crazy, this guy was evil incarnated...He shot mostly 3-6 year olds - some 8 to 11 times....

As bad as 911 was, this in some ways is worse...Something seriously wrong with our society if we can't keep the most innocent among us, new borns almost, safe in school...

Although this Evil, Evil, killer has no connection with us, I hope, as a member of the the gun community, we do our part (whatever that may be), in working so that this dosn't happen again.

Although this Evil, Evil, killer has no connection with us, I hope, as a member of the the gun community, we do our part (whatever that may be), in working so that this dosn't happen again.

I agree. It is just upsetting that ignorant people somehow believe this is a gun problem, and banning all guns is somehow a solution. This is ignoring thousands of years or recorded human history BEFORE guns even existed, in which atrocities such as this still happened.

Man one of the farthers of a dead girl - did a press conference today...Obviously in shock...Reached out to the killers familly with love (I couldn't do that, so God bless him)...

This killer was possesed by the devil, forget crazy, this guy was evil incarnated...He shot mostly 3-6 year olds - some 8 to 11 times....

As bad as 911 was, this in some ways is worse...Something seriously wrong with our society if we can't keep the most innocent among us, new borns almost, safe in school...

The world is a dangerous place, to think you can make anywhere safe is just setting yourself up to fail.

As far as the one being removed from the trunk, i'm absolutely sure of that.

Here,http://www.nbcnewyor...Scene/183584891

Not that it matters, but that definitely wasn't the "Bushmaster" they keep talking about on the news. Looks like some sort of AK variant... Saiga with the "thumbhole" stock if I had to guess.

Too bad you did not get that on tape! Next time you talk to him, put your phone on video and record his conversation. What he said was discriminatory and illegal.
Not really, NJ is right to work, and gun owner is not a protected class. He won't get out of paying unemployment for him, but he could fire him without legal repercussions for most any reason.

Not that it matters, but that definitely wasn't the "Bushmaster" they keep talking about on the news. Looks like some sort of AK variant... Saiga with the "thumbhole" stock if I had to guess.

Not clear enough to tell..it almost looked like a shotgun round was ejected. The fact that those guys were all in Tyvek is and indication of just HOW bad the scene inside the school is.

Not clear enough to tell..it almost looked like a shotgun round was ejected. The fact that those guys were all in Tyvek is and indication of just HOW bad the scene inside the school is.

Could have been. It was very dark up there, and the camera has it's limitations.

Well, how come they're talking about 3 guns, a Sig, a glock and a Bushmaster...what was in the trunk? Did he really shoot the children with the Bushmaster in the trunk? And I agree...it doesn't look like an AR.

The world is a dangerous place, to think you can make anywhere safe is just setting yourself up to fail.

Don't live life that way - live with positive expectations...We can't give 6 year olds carry permits - so in this case, society has a responsibility (and belive me, I am strictly an individualist, small government dude).

The firearm in the trunk does not appear to be an AR. I think Caine got it right with the thumb hole Saiga. The only way he used the rifle in the trunk is if he went in shot his victims returned the rifle to the trunk went back inside the school then took his on life. That does not seem logical but who knows. I'd bet that rifle wasn't fired during this incident.

New factual updates: Lanza had 4 weapons, the fourth was a bushmaster found in the school

Two credible articles below, the first one is facts about the shooting.

http://www.policeone.com/active-shooter/articles/6065626-The-facts-of-the-Conn-school-shooting/

http://www.policeone.com/active-shooter/articles/6065612-Police-US-shooter-forced-way-into-school/

Something i noticed today,none of the adult victims was male. The office staff and admin appear to have been all female. Not to diminish their efforts to stop the nut, but were there any adult men working in the school at the time? Any teachers, even a janitor?

Elementary schools have been mostly or completely staffed by women for years. Some schools in my town have male principals, and a few male teachers. But for the most part they are in the tiny minority, even as custodians. Maintenance is centralized to save money, so they are just cleaners, really. Maybe it would have helped to have adult men right there to physically stop the guy, or maybe they would have died as well, just something i was musing on