O-gre

NICS down all day.

Damn... it's like a race to the finish... "how fast can we pass emergency gun control" vs "omg buy your guns NOW"...

DENVER (CBS4) – The day after the shooting in Connecticut a lot of people in Colorado tried to buy a gun.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation says it received 4,154 requests for background checks from potential buyers on Saturday. That was so many the CBI couldn’t process them all and the backlog grew to nearly 18 hours. The Unit could only process 3,001 checks on Saturday.

Extra staff was brought in over the weekend and workers are still trying to clear the backlog.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/cbi-deals-with-massive-influx-of-potential-gun-buyers/

I have an Off topic NICS question. Is it true that in other states the FFL vendors call in the NICS directly whereas in NJ you guys have to use the state police as a middle man? One of the vendors I used previously had mentioedn that, just wondering if I heard that correctly

TIA

Thank you Sir! looking over on THR and several similar topics there.. there is one thread called Looks like the panic buying has already started post #55 put it best because I too was looking for some 5.56, he says "looks like 223/5.56 is as scarce as hens teeth" never heard it put that way, but he is correct