Sivl32

CheaperThanDirt suspends sales

Their facebook status reads

"Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories.

Reviewing their policy? where they selling guns differently than any other online retailer?

I just cancelled the order I placed yesterday for mags, ammo, and a few spare parts. Unreal..

If you click 'reload' on their facebook page, they are losing a ton of likes by the second

Just refreshed a few times and you weren't kidding. They're loosing about 1 like per second. Good riddance, too.

It really is astounding to go to their FB page and hit "refresh" every ten seconds. By my count they are losing 10-15 "Likes" each time I check.

The replies to their postings from all of us cheesed-off firearms enthusiasts is friggin' funny as hell, too.

It really is astounding to go to their FB page and hit "refresh" every ten seconds. By my count they are losing 10-15 "Likes" each time I check.

Hahaha, this is really true, in 30 seconds they lost just about 30 likes, try it!!!! its fun!!!

Since I posted something about it on my FB wall, 3 of my friends un-liked them within the last hour!

Cabela's reportedly took or is going to take action regarding AR-15 sales at its' CT store(for now...)

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-walmart-dicks-cabelas-bushmaster-20121218,0,7553838.story

Cabela’s, an outdoor products retailer, was still offering Bushmaster AR-15 rifles for between $730 and $1,040 each on its website. But the sale page notes that the firearm is not available for sale at the company’s Connecticut store.

I left my iPhone home when my wife and I were finishing some Christmas shopping. Just came home to a message questioning my order cancellation and stating that they can still send me the mags, glock parts, & misc, but not ammo. I was asked to contact them at a number provided or e-mail address if it's more convenient.

So... I replied...

Subject:

Concerning My Order #XXXXXXXXXXX

To whom this may concern,

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Regards,

Your former customer

I have yet to receive a response :search:

I left my iPhone home when my wife and I were finishing some Christmas shopping. Just came home to a message questioning my order cancellation and stating that they can still send me the mags, glock parts, & misc, but not ammo. I was asked to contact them at a number provided or e-mail address if it's more convenient.

So... I replied...

Subject:

Concerning My Order #XXXXXXXXXXX

To whom this may concern,

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Regards,

Your former customer

I have yet to receive a response :search:

I received this response from CTD after I wrote them a nasty-gram:

Cheaper Than Dirt! has temporarily suspended online sales of firearms.

As a long time supporter of the Second Amendment, Cheaper Than Dirt! will continue to promote the safe and responsible use of firearms by law abiding customers. During this temporary suspension, we will review our policies and promotions.

Roberta Wilson

I could have sworn CTD's "Likes" were about 207,000 when I first checked, and now they are down to 195,926. WELL over 1,500 folks per hour "unliking" their feckless asses.

Wally World and Dick's do not seem to be suffering the same fate, owing perhaps to the fact they are not firearms/ammo specific companies. Wal-Mart's "Likes" actually went UP while I was checking out their page. It would be pretty disheartening if Cabela's takes any further action to restrict the sales and distributions of firearms. If they are paying attention to what's happening with CTD I don't think they'd be that short-sighted.

Sounds like CTD is starting to backpedal faster than Lance Armstrong front-pedals...

Yes they did. Here is the email i got right before i unsubscribed to their mailing list.

They re using BS as an excuse.

As i mentioned in one of the million threads regarding CTDs flipflop in the last 2 days...............................................................................No mercy for them lets bankrupt these sell outs.

View this email in a web browser | Forward to a friend

December 19, 2012

Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

Cheaper Than Dirt! prides itself on being America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter since 1993. Cheaper Than Dirt! boasts over 100,000 items available for purchase through their Web site and catalog. Articles, photos and videos appear daily on the Shooter's Log at www.CheaperThanDirt.com/blog.

This biweekly e-newsletter is sent out by

Cheaper Than Dirt!

2524 NE Loop 820

Fort Worth, TX 76106 USA

One-click Unsubscribe | Manage My Subscriptions | Forward to Friend