Malsua

When toys were toys and boys were boys

Not sure what it was called and quite frankly I broke it soon after receiving it for Christmas. It was a plastic Winchester that took very realistic plastic bullets that you could shoot for several yards just by cranking the charging handle.Not unlike the Red Ryder in retrospect,I terrorized my brother and his GI Joes for about 4 days before it broke much to my Mother's relief.

Out of production for quite some time. Most of ya are too young to remember/own...

They can still be had as collectibles if you look hard but not cheap if I recall.

I never had that. It was all transformers,gi joe and matchbox cars. That would have been awesome

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

The one in the video above was before my time... we played with these:

How bout real Tonka trucks..the ones that were made out of steel....I'm 42 and still have them.

The steel Tonkas were great! I got sent to the principals office in kindergarten for clocking another kid in the head with a Tonka dumptruck. Good times :)

I had a bunch of entertec water guns. My favorite was a Mac 10 that has a threaded suppressor on it and a folding stock.

Also had the rpg launcher.

My favorite toy gun I had was a metal and wood bolt action replica. It had a spring loaded dummy round in it so when you opened the action you could see the bullet.

The kids on the block who I played guns with would make fun on my "old man gun"

Kid next door had a lever action that make a cool "FOOM" sound. Always wanted one like that.

I had a bunch of entertec water guns. My favorite was a Mac 10 that has a threaded suppressor on it and a folding stock.

I had the AK Centerfire.

For those too young to know what Entertech guns were

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My favorite toy gun I had was a metal and wood bolt action replica. It had a spring loaded dummy round in it so when you opened the action you could see the bullet.

The kids on the block who I played guns with would make fun on my "old man gun"

Kid next door had a lever action that make a cool "FOOM" sound. Always wanted one like that.

That's the exact bolt action I had

There was a kid in my neighborhood with the Johnny Seven. The grenade launcher on that was the game-changer, but always generated an argument as to how many casualties it actually inflicted when dispensed.

My brother and I had the Johnny Lieutenant M14/1911 combo. Actually, we "shared" it. He had the M14, I had the 1911. But we swapped often.

JohnnyEagleLieutenant.jpg

I also had a Marx Luger P08 with a slip-on silencer, and a complete collection of Marx Miniature Golden Guns. Also had Mattel lever action cap rifles. I still have a Marx Miniature Golden Gun 1911, the P08 Luger (but I lost the silencer years ago) and Johnny Lieutenant 1911 somewhere in the house.

My favorite was the Mattel Shootin' Shell .45 with stag grips. Wish I still had this one. (My best friend Bob broke it in a gunfight one day.)

Many years ago (late 60's I think) in Brooklyn, I had a revolver cap gun, the kind that took the plastic primer-looking caps. I forget what they were called. Anyway I had it with me in my father's car at a service station.... It was all black except for the cylinder... foolish child that I was I had got rid of the orange plug in the barrel, and was bored anmd started sweeping the service station with it.... A local plainclothes cop got involved and my dad had a very embarrassing talk with him. Seems he very nearly drew on me.

There was a kid in my neighborhood with the Johnny Seven. The grenade launcher on that was the game-changer, but always generated an argument as to how many casualties it actually inflicted when dispensed.

My brother and I had the Johnny Lieutenant M14/1911 combo. Actually, we "shared" it. He had the M14, I had the 1911. But we swapped often.

JohnnyEagleLieutenant.jpg

I also had a Marx Luger P08 with a slip-on silencer, and a complete collection of Marx Miniature Golden Guns. Also had Mattel lever action cap rifles. I still have a Marx Miniature Golden Gun 1911, the P08 Luger (but I lost the silencer years ago) and Johnny Lieutenant 1911 somewhere in the house.

My favorite was the Mattel Shootin' Shell .45 with stag grips. Wish I still had this one. (My best friend Bob broke it in a gunfight one day.)

holy crap i want one of the mattel pistols

holy crap i want one of the mattel pistols

When you put a Green stik-m-cap on the base those plastic bullets would really zip out the muzzle. My dad thought they were dangerous and would put an eye out so he took the bullets away. I still had the shells and caps I could play with outside, but I felt neutered. He let me shoot them in the house though. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?