carl_g

NY, Cuomo, Gun Control

* New limits on the number of bullets in a gun magazine

So, let's guess at what magic number will they settle on? It's already 10 rnds. now, unless one is lucky to have some grandfathered magazines. Geez, a 10/22 with a ten-round magazine could fall into the AW category. Theatrics is all it is. People have been whipped into a frenzy.

After eleven years of CoBIS (gun DNA for handguns) in New York, which proved to be an utter failure, even Gov. Cuomo admitted it was a waste of money and it was discontinued in March of 2012.

So, let's guess at what magic number will they settle on? It's already 10 rnds. now, unless one is lucky to have some grandfathered magazines. Geez, a 10/22 with a ten-round magazine could fall into the AW category. Theatrics is all it is. People have been whipped into a frenzy.

After eleven years of CoBIS (gun DNA for handguns) in New York, which proved to be an utter failure, even Gov. Cuomo admitted it was a waste of money and it was discontinued in March of 2012.

I believe the new magic number is going to be 7.

" It would be quite a coup for Cuomo, a potential 2016 presidential candidate, to show progress on gun control while Washington dithers. "

Potential..... Not after passing something like this...

He will have no chance againts Christie for the 2016 Pres run.

He will have no chance againts Christie for the 2016 Pres run.

I dunno. The new movie "Rodham" that's in the works just may help lay the groundwork for someone's next aspiration.

bill-hillary-clinton-hippie.jpg

Saw it this morning. Sickening!

Him and his other Nazi bastard minions are just that. When the hell are they, or any others for that fact admit that new gun laws portrayed against legal gun owners won't do squat for their states and crime statistics. Screw 'em...

From the Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/09/cuomo-to-propose-assault-weapon-ban_n_2438879.html

"The priority for Cuomo and Silver is to close what they say are loopholes that let some weapon designs escape a ban on assault weapons. They also want to outlaw the high-capacity clips."

Saw this today and thought it is something that really needs to be thought through. By now I’m sure every knows about the "wiki-weapons" project trying to engineer a firearm that can be printed on a 3d printer by anyone to make gun control laws irrelevant. But that concept and use of current technology can already make magazine bans irrelevant. This is something that they didn’t need to think about in 1994 but would be impossible to overcome today.

http://www.examiner.com/article/magazine-control-will-be-made-irrelevant-even-sooner-than-gun-control-will

I believe the new magic number is going to be 7.

It's funny, I heard that too. I wonder why 7? To grandfather in 1911's? I was wondering why Chicago settled on 12 rounds in a magazine. I figured that somebody owned an HK USP and wanted to keep it.

NRA President David Keene "fires back" at Cuomo:

http://politicker.co...-back-at-cuomo/

National Rifle Association President David Keene gave a rare post-Newtown interview on the Brooklyn GOP Radio podcast this evening in which he responded to Governor Andrew Cuomo’s vow to bring New York some of the “toughest” gun control laws in the country. Mr. Keene began by taking issue with Governor Cuomo’s prediction that other states would follow New York’s example and pass similar laws.

“I was amazed that he said other states will follow New York,” Mr. Keene said. “They haven’t done that in the past, there’s no reason to believe that they will in the future.”

Mr. Keene continued by noting “New York already has very tough gun laws” and predicting Governor Cuomo’s gun control plan would not “make any difference one way or the other in terms of violence of any kind in the state.”

“The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunters. Hunters use firearms. Hunters have every right to use firearms, as do target shooters, as do gun collectors, as do others,” said Mr. Keene. “The fact of the matter is that the Second Amendment has to do with personal and national defense. It was put into the Constitution by the founders who considered it as important indeed as the First Amendment.” ...

Cuoma is a nasty man...His ranting and raving is dispicable and offensive discriminating agains legal, honerable, sports-shooters!

He will turn NYS into another NYC which trully is a totalatarian citys as far as gun control..

Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state holds total authority over the society and seeks to control all aspects of public and private life wherever necessary.[1]

NRA President David Keene "fires back" at Cuomo:

http://politicker.co...-back-at-cuomo/

National Rifle Association President David Keene gave a rare post-Newtown interview on the Brooklyn GOP Radio podcast this evening in which he responded to Governor Andrew Cuomo’s vow to bring New York some of the “toughest” gun control laws in the country. Mr. Keene began by taking issue with Governor Cuomo’s prediction that other states would follow New York’s example and pass similar laws.

“I was amazed that he said other states will follow New York,” Mr. Keene said. “They haven’t done that in the past, there’s no reason to believe that they will in the future.”

Mr. Keene continued by noting “New York already has very tough gun laws” and predicting Governor Cuomo’s gun control plan would not “make any difference one way or the other in terms of violence of any kind in the state.”

“The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunters. Hunters use firearms. Hunters have every right to use firearms, as do target shooters, as do gun collectors, as do others,” said Mr. Keene. “The factof the matter is that the Second Amendment has to do with personal and national defense. It was put into the Constitution by the founders who considered it as important indeed as the First Amendment.” ...

Just found my new signature line.