Cemeterys Gun Blob

18 Gun Control Bills introduced today.

And here we go........

A-3645/S-2476 Requires ammunition sales and transfers be conducted as face-to-face transactions.

A-3646/S-2474 Establishes a regulatory system to govern the sale and transfer of ammunition.

A-3653 Criminalizes purchasing or owning weapon if person has previous conviction of unlawful possession of weapon.

A-3659 Revises definition of destructive device to include certain weapons of 50 caliber or greater.

A-3664 Reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey.

A-3666/S-2465 Prohibits mail order, Internet, telephone, and any other anonymous method of ammunition sale or transfer in New Jersey.

A-3667 Requires mental health screening by licensed professional to purchase a firearm.

A-3668/S-2467 Prohibits investment by State of pension and annuity funds in companies manufacturing, importing, and selling assault firearms for civilian use.

A-3676 Requires psychological evaluation and in-home inspection as prerequisite to purchase firearm.

A-3687 Disqualifies person named on federal Terrorist Watchlist from obtaining firearms identification card or permit to purchase handgun.

A-3688 Requires mental health evaluation and list of household members with mental illness to purchase firearm.

A-3689 Requires security guards who carry weapons to wear certain uniform, including identification card.

A-3690/S-2430 Declares violence a public health crisis, recommends expansion of mental health programs, recommends federal adoption of gun control measures, and establishes “Study Commission on Violence.”

AJR-89 Urges President and US Senate to ratify Arms Trade Treaty proposed by United Nations.

AR-133 Expresses support for creation of task force on gun control led by Vice President Biden.

S-2464 Regulates sale and transfer of rifle and shotgun ammunition.

S-2475 Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

SR-92 Urges Congress to strengthen gun control laws

from http://conservativenewjersey.com/nj-liberals-introduce-17-gun-control-bills-today

Eh, we'll see if any of these come up out of the legislature. They won't if you call, stop by their office, or write letters to your district assembly peoples and state sen's. And sow up in Trenton the 8th. Now I have specific bills to tell Assemblyman Dancer to vote against--he probably would anyway, will call his office again tomorrow, just to make sure my opinions are known

A-3676 Requires psychological evaluation and in-home inspection as prerequisite to purchase firearm. Is that every firearm you buy or just to get your firearms id card?

It's BS to even entertain thinking about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ummm... Yeah, sure... I suppose they could just consult my wife considering she's a licensed psychologist, and a gun owner!

I have to share the sentiment after tracking a couple of these down and reading their detail - 1) who the hell drafts these, and 2) it's an unbelieveable level of ignorance and total lack of education that went into a number of these, and I am not just talking with regards to firearms. Read them carefully and see what lawful rights they violate.

Can anyone answer me this FACTUALLY, do any New Jersey LEOs have to undergo a psych eval and home inspections???

A-3676 Requires psychological evaluation and in-home inspection as prerequisite to purchase firearm
. - So if my room is messy I might not get a permit?

A-3688 Requires mental health evaluation and list of household members with mental illness to purchase firearm. -
So now we have to reveal health records of family members which is privileged information?

Ummm... Yeah, sure... I suppose they could just consult my wife considering she's a licensed psychologist, and a gun owner!

I have to share the sentiment after tracking a couple of these down and reading their detail - 1) who the hell drafts these, and 2) it's an unbelieveable level of ignorance and total lack of education that went into a number of these, and I am not just talking with regards to firearms. Read them carefully and see what lawful rights they violate.

Can anyone answer me this FACTUALLY, do any New Jersey LEOs have to undergo a psych eval and home inspections???

Yes..psych written test and interviews as well as home interview and interview at work.

We need to wait till the content of each bill is released.

I say we all petition to have our politicians undergo an annual psych exam themselves. Many of the decisions they make unnecessarily puts millions of lives at risk.

So who's gonna be the first one to openly admit they're ok with all of this as long as they get CCW?

Mike says:

January 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I’m a gun owner and the a lot of those don’t bother me. I say let them do a mental health check on me. Check me out, inside and out and when you are done, leave me alone and let me conceal carry!

Well there it goes, 1st to give up rights for CCW.

so did I miss something? I hope no one is even thinking of a trade-off like that... let's see, give away everything for one right you should have had from day-1, that's not even fighting to a draw in my opinion