Albanian

My experiences so far getting my firearms purchaser permit and permit to purchase a handgun

This is in Clark, NJ.

So last week I went to the local Police Station and handed in my two forms. I was given the fingerprinting form and told I needed to get fingerprinted and the company would digitally send the results. There were no fees (besides the 57.50 fingerprinting fee) and no extra forms. I did not have to give them any receipts. The lady who handled the paperwork has been a pleasure so far.

Today my two references received their checklists. Both will be sending them back to the station tomorrow.

That is the point I am at right now. Everything seems to be going smoothly and quickly so far. Besides the fact that I disagree with most of this process, I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised with how good it is going so far.

I wish my permit application went this quickly. I submitted for a few permits last week and my references haven't gotten anything yet. I don't really expect anything to happen for another 2-3 weeks unfortunately...

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I would stock up on patience. I don't personally know anyone who got their papers back within 30 days required by law. Add to that major panic in gun community and you may need to be even more patient. I wish for you to set a record on this forum and get your papers back next week though :) But now all you need is patience.

Put $100 in a jar for every week that you wait for your permits. When you finally get your permits, you will have enough money for a nice Beretta.... and you are buying a Beretta, aren't you?

Put $100 in a jar for every week that you wait for your permits. When you finally get your permits, you will have enough money for a nice Beretta.... and you are buying a Beretta, aren't you?

Hey mcbethr, you are starting to re-quote yourself LOL. I guess I'm spending too much time on these boards. I'll second a nice M9 though. :)

My references did as they are both close friends and texted me right away.

I plan on buying a G19 Gen4 actually. I will be ordering it through NJ Firearms Guild in Rahway. Eventually I will get more handguns. A Beretta will be one of them. I want to either get a Revolver next (how are the Berettas?) or the Seecamp LWS .32 next.

The lady actually told me it might take longer than usual since she has a high volume of applications ever since Sandy Hook. I have been prepared to wait until Spring honestly. Still am, hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

I know people need to make a living but everytime I've used it, they were 1-300 over the price of the gun I was looking for.

And that's when they are gracious enough to reply. It's not like a knob job would be required but a simple can't get it, no stock, don't wanna, WTFAYOU, don't bother me, would suffice.

So, as a noob, middle age gun owner, I'll just go the internet way, find a friendly FFL and let him make the 50.00 transfer fee. And, no, I won't be a douche and come to your store to try 50 different guns wasting your time and go buy online. If I walk in your store and ask for a particular gun, rest assured, I've tried it and I'm ready to buy it cash in hand and papers ready. Honestly, after spending twenty years on the costumer service end of a non gun related retail/wholesale business, I can't, for the life of me, figure out how the average gun shop stays open.

Yet, every FTF transaction I've made has been a pleasure. Go figure.

Sorry op for the derailment.

I don't personally know anyone who got their papers back within 30 days required by law.

got mine in 3 weeks, as did 2 of my friends that live in the same town. Not all towns operate at the same pace. From what I understand, Clark is pretty speedy.

This is in Clark, NJ.

So last week I went to the local Police Station and handed in my two forms. I was given the fingerprinting form and told I needed to get fingerprinted and the company would digitally send the results. There were no fees (besides the 57.50 fingerprinting fee) and no extra forms. I did not have to give them any receipts. The lady who handled the paperwork has been a pleasure so far.

Today my two references received their checklists. Both will be sending them back to the station tomorrow.

That is the point I am at right now. Everything seems to be going smoothly and quickly so far. Besides the fact that I disagree with most of this process, I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised with how good it is going so far.

Well I usually call back at the 2 week mark and just check to see how things are going, I usually ask if my reference letter came back and if there is anything I can do if something was missed. Just a quick call to show that I'm waiting, but here to help if anything was overlooked and have had good luck in my town being right at the 30 day mark give or take a day or 2.

I know people need to make a living but everytime I've used it, they were 1-300 over the price of the gun I was looking for. Sposed to be forum vendors not taking advantage! Google for the firearm you want till you find the deal your looking for is what I do.

No kidding, just the opposite for me. I have nothing but good luck every time I have used it as well as fantastic experiences with every single FFL who supports the forum that I have done business with.

Please consider supporting our forum vendors first. They will certainly beat NJFG on price, and you can support the vendors who support our forum.

Thanks for the suggestion, however the owner of NJFG in Rahway is a friend of the family and he was asking for the typical price I see online for a new gen4 g19.

Though for future purchases I will definitely consider the forum vendors.

Hey mcbethr, you are starting to re-quote yourself LOL. I guess I'm spending too much time on these boards. I'll second a nice M9 though. :)

Beretta firearms make your a better dancer, better lover and the most interesting man at parties. It's not surprising that the Italians, a people with such zest for life, would make a firearm with curves that beg to be caressed. Austrians... well let's just say that a Glock is as humorless as the Bundespolizei who carry it.

But all that being said, the Glock 19 is a fine pistol and would serve anybody well as a first firearm.

I thought you were in Malesia, or Albania or where Borat is from?

Borat was fictionally from Kazekstan lol Malësia is a Northern region in Albania. It is where my family is from and I will be going there next June in 2014.

Fun Fact: Albania has a strong gun culture and Europe has been trying to dismantle and end it. Chances of that are minimal thankfully. Especially since we only acheived independence 100 years ago and Kosovo (which should be part of Albania) only did so recently, and not even every country in the UN recognizes this.

Update on my apps. Last week I called and they told me my applications should be ready for pick up this week. She told me however that only one guy works on the apps so it might not be ready until next week. I am going to call on Friday if I don't receive them by then and see how things are going.

Fun Fact: Albania has a strong gun culture and Europe has been trying to dismantle and end it. Chances of that are minimal thankfully. Especially since we only acheived independence 100 years ago and Kosovo (which should be part of Albania) only did so recently, and not even every country in the UN recognizes this.

Can you give me some examples of the gun laws there?

This is in Clark, NJ.

^^^^^^That's the 'easy' part. Now sit down and watch the clock.

Can you give me some examples of the gun laws there?

http://www.gunpolicy.../region/albania

Check the gun regulation section.

The laws are not enforced and more so came from pressure of the European Union (as well as America) and Albanian politicians desiring to join the European Union. When I went to visit most people owned a gun (at least one per family) and most there told me a lot of guns were owned and rarely registered.

Quikz the lady told me it should be ready this week, hopefully lol