Jfoster99

NJ2AS 2/8 Rallye - Bringing Kids??

I'm most likely bringing my 13 year old ( 5'11" 170lbs) son but not so sure about my 10 year old daughter.

If there is even a hint of aggressive anti protesters or things got heated with police I would need to leave immediately if I have my daughter with me.. If just my son I might see how things play out from the side line a little longer.

If there were other families going perhaps I would feel more at ease.. Especially about bringing my daughter.

Is anyone else planing on bringing kids?

I am taking the bus from Montvale. It would be great to know there were going to be other families on board?

I thought about bringing my 14 yo son who is 6'. But, do I really want to expose him to Trenton? And heaven forbid, this turns ugly, I don't want to worry about his safety.

My personal opinion only.......................... I have no doubt that if only the "pro-firearm" folks were there rallying, everything would be cool. It's the "anti's" that concern me a bit. There's no telling what these people will do and where their actions, if any, might stop. Because of that, I would not bring any of my young children to the rally.

It's my understanding and expectation that this will be a peaceable rally, conducted lawfully and without violence. My best guess is that we're going to assemble outside the state house, wave signs and listen to speeches for ~2 hours and then go home. Instigating any kind of violence would be 100% harmful to our cause.

It's my understanding and expectation that this will be a peaceable rally, conducted lawfully and without violence. My best guess is that we're going to assemble outside the state house, wave signs and listen to speeches for ~2 hours and then go home. Instigating any kind of violence would be 100% harmful to our cause.

You are understanding correctly. Instigating any form of violence would be extremely counter productive.

You are understanding correctly. Instigating any form of violence would be extremely counter productive.

Any instigating would likely come from antis. You know start it up then turn on a camera to record the reaction to make us look bad. Any instigation attempt should be met with a smile and nod.

Think of it this way:

If their is a counter protest by people in favor of more firearms legislation, we should let them make fools of themselves as they cry "Baby Killer with blood on your hands", and we just smile. Do not let their posturing, peer pressure, and heightened emotions pull you into an altercation.

They = WBC

We = PGR

I am looking forward to showing my son how to peacefully demonstrate and stand up for a cause you believe in in a manner that can have an impact. I fully believe everyone's intent it for a peaceful Rallye.

As a parent I hope I am just over thinking the safety aspect... If would feel a lot better knowing there were going to be at least a few other minors..

I'm considering bringing my son, He's 13, not so big, but been an active shooter with me for years now. This effects him as much as all of us.

I'm thinking we're driving in ourselves at this very moment --Haven't signed up for a bus -- maybe a carpool with some other locals

1oatj6.png

I am bringing my 9 year old son. He needs to see this. 20 years from now is he going to be telling his kid that his daddy fought, or that is daddy gave up?

There were plenty of sons at Concord, and I don't even have to worry about him getting it with a musket ball.

I'm not too worried about counter protesters. It's hard to imagine someone taking a day off of work to be against something so strongly when they don't have a financial or moral interest. It's hard enough trying to find people that are pro-gun. Maybe there will be a couple of anti-gun protesters there, but I doubt it. They already have the legislature and media on their side. Why should they go out an march in the cold?

My 3 1/2 year old son is spending the day with his grandparents. I thought about bringing him but decided against it. I think demonstrating a peaceful protest would be good for him, but the long day of travel from Cape May County may be especially long for the little guy.

My 3 1/2 year old son is spending the day with his grandparents. I thought about bringing him but decided against it. I think demonstrating a peaceful protest would be good for him, but the long day of travel from Cape May County may be especially long for the little guy.

Well, there is a reason why my 9 year old is going but my 6 year old is staying in school. The 9 year old is almost 10 and can survive the train ride and knows that he won't be able to use the bathroom on-demand. I think it's important to for kids to see this. They need to see how our political process works.

The bigger threat likely, is not from violent counter protesters, but from counter protesters covertly disguising themselves as pro 2a people, and then doing/saying outrageous things to make you look bad.

Anyone that has cameras should bring them and be prepared to document and expel anyone making a scene within the group.

I am looking forward to showing my son how to peacefully demonstrate and stand up for a cause you believe in in a manner that can have an impact. I fully believe everyone's intent it for a peaceful Rallye.

As a parent I hope I am just over thinking the safety aspect... If would feel a lot better knowing there were going to be at least a few other minors..

Safety is never over-thought. It's your decision. If you bring him, use this as a great teaching experience. Some people learn better by doing than reading about it.

I hope and pray nothing about this gets "aggressive".

That would be our worst nightmare.

That's what I'm afraid of, since you know people will try and ruin this event. Not to mention Trenton isn't exactly the safest place in New Jersey.

I'm going..husband is going , kids 6 , 4 , 20 months are going.

There is an "us against them" mentality developing after this tragedy . People who have small children are assumed to be anti gun , whereas pro gunners are assumed to not care about children.

Time to represent.

I am not too concerned with there being any danger. Shouting by antis? Maybe. I think my kids can handle shouting . How I conduct myself in front of my kids matters more to me than how other people act.

There will not be a counter protest. You have to have a permit. They will not give out more than one permit and NJ2AS has it for that day at that time. If any counter protestors show up, we will ask the athorities to intervene.

I got it. But Trenton is still Trenton. And since when does the left play by the rules?

+1

I like that idea. Maybe start a phone chain?

Great idea. I'll pm you my my contact info as we get closer... The kids will be more comfortable if they are around others their same age.

Also, I think there is an app that let's you share your location with friends. You can turn on and off the location sharing.. That would be cool for groups who want to stay in touch??

P.S. ....We can only hope the turnout is so large that people have trouble locating each other...