Sign in to follow this  
Granby140@aol.com

Saw this on a NY board

Dear New Yorkers,

Keys to getting you rights back........

1.You need to get other states on board for all petitions...........

2. This is a USA issue not just a New York issue

3. Every saturday and sunday should be spent out front of the capitol building.......... (If the hippies can do it on wall street so can we)

4. No hunting nor fishing in the state. (19 million dollars in revenue the state recieves)

5. Buy all ammo out of state

6. Purchase no new firearms from dealers nor chain stores

7. Do not support Dicks Sporting goods or Walmart (dicks pulled all semi auto weapons from there stores and walmart is posed to pull all ammo)

8. Join the NRA ( wether you fully agree with or not......does not matter they are our voice and push politicians to make sure our 2nd Amendment right are not INFRINGED)

9. Do not register your firearms.........

10. Civil disobedience without violence........

11. Call Remington and Kimber and ask them to manufacture in a state that supports them......

If all else fails.........

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

molon labe

"Come and Take it"

9. Do not register your firearms.........

10. Civil disobedience without violence........

I'm not a lawyer and I don't like to stay in Holiday Inns -- but I'd think long and hard about risking being locked in a cage for years to protest a bunch of laws that mostly amount to a RPITA.

Leslie Edelman, Kimber's owner, gives to Republican candidates and has made noises about moving some operations elsewhere. In any case, the way New York has been hemorrhaging jobs and population, I doubt they'll notice if they lose a few more.

You'd need to be nuts to move to New York if you are a firearms enthusiast.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't like to stay in Holiday Inns -- but I'd think long and hard about risking being locked in a cage for years to protest a bunch of laws that mostly amount to a RPITA.

Leslie Edelman, Kimber's owner, gives to Republican candidates and has made noises about moving some operations elsewhere. In any case, the way New York has been hemorrhaging jobs and population, I doubt they'll notice if they lose a few more.

Civil disobedience = arrest = chance of conviction = could result in seeing a court appointed psychologist = report from liberal psych you are unfit for guns = loss of all gun rights

Bad choice!

It might not be the best choice, but it is a personal one. While lobbying as citizens to get this law appealed is an avenue they must take, there exists a breaking point when enough becomes enough. In a state where confiscation is obviously on the dem's minds.. would you register knowing they might come to take them next year? Would you give them up if they passed a law to take them? At which point would you prefer to be legislated into a criminal, and become disarmed willingly?

It might not be the best choice, but it is a personal one. While lobbying as citizens to get this law appealed is an avenue they must take, there exists a breaking point when enough becomes enough. In a state where confiscation is obviously on the dem's minds.. would you register knowing they might come to take them next year? Would you give them up if they passed a law to take them? At which point would you prefer to be legislated into a criminal, and become disarmed willingly?

I'd think long and hard about risking being locked in a cage for years to protest a bunch of laws that mostly amount to a RPITA.

AFAICT, Cuomo's Folly really doesn't amount to much more than an annoyance. And I'll give you it's a pretty big annoyance for New Yorkers.

But NY already requires pistol registration, now they require registration of rifles with pistol grips. If I'm going to risk my life and liberty, it's not going to be to maliciously and with malice aforethought load a 10 round magazine with 10 rounds and not with 7 rounds outside of a firing range.

New York's Sullivan Act went into effect on August 31, 1911, so it's not like New York gun enthusiasts haven't had 101+ years of warning that the state isn't 2A friendly. The majority of US states are 2A friendly, the taxes are lower, the jobs are plentiful and the weather is nicer. If you have a work ethic and some marketable skills, and you don't need or want "free stuff" from the gov't, why stay in NY?

Would it be legal for NY residents to store their guns out of state, for example in a self storage facility in PA, until the ban can be challenged in court? Does this violate any federal laws?

With the usual caveat that I'm not a lawyer and I don't like to stay in Holiday Inns -- I don't think the NY law outlaws any firearm that wasn't legal in NY before the law was passed. So I'm not sure why anyone would want or need to do that.

AFAICT, the main issues with the new New York laws are new purchases, sales of currently owned AWs, registration of AWs and magazine capacity limits. I'd think that the cost of storing a box of pre 1994 10+ round magazines in a storage facility out of state would be prohibitive for most owners, and it would be easier and cheaper to just sell them, give them away out of state, destroy them, or have them blocked within the legal time window. AR mags normally sell for, what, $15-$25?

Not paying tea and stamp taxes back in the 1700s could also have gotten you arrested, and I'm sure those laws were nothing more than a minor pain in the ass when looked at individually. Just saying.

In the 1700s there was an excellent chance of winning the argument for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was that the logistics made it into a very expensive proposition for the Brits. I don't think it's possible to win this in New York. Or the northeast. Texas invited New Yorkers who are gun enthusiasts to move there. They should consider the offer.

So you will give up your rights just like that huh? If they said you could only have single shots would you just say yes master thank you for leting me have that. My gun is to protect my life and those of the ones i love. God gae me those rights and no damm politician will change that

I cant quote on m phone sorry

So you will give up your rights just like that huh? If they said you could only have single shots would you just say yes master thank you for leting me have that. My gun is to protect my life and those of the ones i love. God gave me those rights and no damm politician will change that

Exactly. Sit quietly? We've sat silent as every darn right has been stripped from us. It's time to stand up peacefully and not comply to unconstitutional laws. They swore an oath to protect our rights they are making us into criminals. Btw, these are not people serving our best interest they are here to destroy from with in. I , for one, do not intend letting freedom die on my watch.

so it's not like New York gun enthusiasts haven't had 101+ years of warning that the state isn't 2A friendly

I think some of the folks of NY were taken completely by surprise. In a state that has about a million registered pistol permit holders, a state that recognizes concealed carry holders, a state that doesn't consider a blackpowder muzzleloader or pellet gun a firearm, it's easy to understand how some might be lulled into complacency. Legislators tiptoed cautiously so as not to endanger hunter's firearms so any action they implemented would not be too much of a burden. (As long as Hiram can hunt deer with his thutty-thutty next season, things aren't so bad, right?) Tomorrow, the State's Helpline, 1-855-LAW-GUNS will be available to NY residents so they can make inquiries about registrations, transfers, etc. and get any of their questions answered. I can only imagine how well that will go.

Cuomo's & NY's move is going to embolden others. As a border state to NY, and a state that is less 2A friendly than New York, it would not surprise me to see NJ following in similar fashion.

I'll play devil's advocate; compared to NY, here in NJ, what can you hunt with a centerfire or rimfire rifle? (I know what, but per F&G their use and scope is still very limited.) I know what recreational activity you can use them for, I know why you would want one, and why based on your 2A rights you should have one. "But, why do you need a rifle?" many would ask. If NJ were to enact any new legislation, what do you think they'll put restrictions on first following NY's lead?

This situation is disturbing. (If Corzine were Governor right now, what do you think would be happening?)

the only way to erode liberal power is to move businesses out of nyc & into nj.

upstate new yorkers who love to hunt have been sold out by city liberals

I wouldn't be moving them into NJ. We're as bad as NY. I'd be moving to PA if I needed to stay in the area.

I cant quote on m phone sorry

So you will give up your rights just like that huh? If they said you could only have single shots would you just say yes master thank you for leting me have that. My gun is to protect my life and those of the ones i love. God gave me those rights and no damm politician will change that

No, I'd make plans to move to a more 2A-friendly state. Which is almost every state, the major exceptions being HI, CA, IL, MD, NJ, MA, CT in addition to NY.

IMO NY is in a slow economic death spiral and will continue to bleed jobs and population until it crashes and the "free stuff" people leave because there is no more stuff to give away. Then something might be built on the rubble. But I'm not holding my breath. The cycle probably won't complete during my lifetime.

Real estate prices still haven't picked up in NC and SC and much of the South and West. My wife just retired, and I'm semi-retired and telecommute south anyway. All of my wife's family has moved south and west, the closest living in Virginia. I still have a few elderly relatives in NJ and a daughter with a "dream job" in NYC. Otherwise, why should we stay in NJ? The taxes are high, the weather is awful and now this.

Abbott_Ad_ProGun_697x294-thumb-560x236.jpegabbott2-thumb-250x208.jpg

Civil disobedience = arrest = chance of conviction = could result in seeing a court appointed psychologist = report from liberal psych you are unfit for guns = loss of all gun rights

Bad choice!

Well we shouldnt of let them make a psych check part of the deal in the first place. See what happens when we letthem infringe " just a little bit".

I will voice my opinion and fight for my rights. But when a place makes a law, like it or not, I tend to follow it. I woud move to a free state before anyone confisicates anything. And that assumes that once a ban is sin place, you can't have your assualt weapon. I bet the manufacturers are already planning on compliant new designs. California played this game and there were "CA compliant stocks made" which make the same guns legal. Its a game for money...not to put the few American gun makers out of business.

So yes...I would rather have to "register" or move, keeping all my guns and gun rights; than show up for a protest, perfom civil disobedience, get arrested, get forced by some judge to see a court appointed liberal gun hating psychologist who puts down on paper I have some issue in his or her mind which revokes all of my gun rights!

Get arrested for civil disobedience? For what? To make a statement? Statement to who? You know what good getting arrested for civil disobedience for any cause this decade has done for the casue? NOTHING! So you feeel free to get arrested. When they take all of your guns and ban you for life for a mental health issue, don't say you were not warned. You can win the battle and lose the war...I rather lose the battle and win the war!

the longer I am a gun owner, the more I realize how screwed we really are.

We are made to feel that a 30 round or 100 round magazine makes you a nut job, a collapsible stock is evil, god forbid you have a flash suppressor. They then tell you.... we will let you have x, y, and z..... and as such we are used to it.

We cannot be contempt living with shitty gun laws, but rather should be fighting to get rid of this stupidity. Plenty of people walk around with guns, own 100 round magazines and drums for their AR's, have SBR's, Suppressors, and guess what, they are not criminals.

Unfortunately, you can't treat stupid, and as long as the vast majority of political system is controlled by libertards speaking for those they want to depend on them, we will have this repression.

As soon as the first anti gun law comes out, I am out of this shit hole state.

I will voice my opinion and fight for my rights. But when a place makes a law, like it or not, I tend to follow it. I woud move to a free state before anyone confisicates anything. And that assumes that once a ban is sin place, you can't have your assualt weapon. I bet the manufacturers are already planning on compliant new designs. California played this game and there were "CA compliant stocks made" which make the same guns legal. Its a game for money...not to put the few American gun makers out of business.

So yes...I would rather have to "register" or move, keeping all my guns and gun rights; than show up for a protest, perfom civil disobedience, get arrested, get forced by some judge to see a court appointed liberal gun hating psychologist who puts down on paper I have some issue in his or her mind which revokes all of my gun rights!

Get arrested for civil disobedience? For what? To make a statement? Statement to who? You know what good getting arrested for civil disobedience for any cause this decade has done for the casue? NOTHING! So you feeel free to get arrested. When they take all of your guns and ban you for life for a mental health issue, don't say you were not warned. You can win the battle and lose the war...I rather lose the battle and win the war!

At what point did i state id be ok with attending a rally/roundup as a form of civil disobedience? What they are calling for is citizens to not register their firearms under the new law. If the government wants to allocate resources to go door to door for confiscation then that is on them. Then they would have to walk away disappointed as my guns would not be on premises. Id rather take a stand then sit idly by in this "war" 2A has apparently been losing for the past few decades bit by bit. But go ahead.. make up another few hypotheticals that we can discuss and tell me more about which scented lube you enjoy best.

In that case, it would also be losing the battle and another tick towards losing the war. Do you think those antigun ambitions will stay rooted in one place? Sure, there are bastions of freedom still remaining, but let's say a moderate gets elected and offers a small concession on our rights with the numbers to back it up. They'll agree or they won't fight back hard enough because it's not a MASSIVE blow to rights. Then the next and the next will come until the US is suddenly britain in terms of gun rights and self defense. Is there nothing worth fighting for?

As soon as the first anti gun law comes out, I am out of this shit hole state.

I wonder if the mass exodus will drive up PA property prices significantly. I'm looking in Bucks County myself. I've only got one living relative in the States and this puts me close to them in PA but still able to commute to the NJ shore. I still have a whole lot of research to do before I settle on an area.

Registration=confiscation

I aint doin it, and i'm glad they aren't either.

I would like to see the logistics of this.. law enforcement cost would skt rocket.. and incarceration umm... ok jails cant handle the amount of inmates now what happens when u lokk up thousands of more people