Shawnmoore81

First time at a regular gun store since craziness

I got a $10 dicks gift card in the mail so I stopped by the dicks next to the Christiana mall in del. it's my first trip to a normal ffl since the madness. All I got to say is WTF!!!!

Ammo shelfs

y3a6uzep.jpg

For a box of slugs I needed to show Id twice. Carry ammo is this thing

y2ene7a8.jpg

And they asked if I was a citizen.

I asked what a case of target load cost and was told they couldn't sell one to me. Didn't need it but with a gift card why not. Ill use em.

All this in Delaware. You can drive around with a loaded pistol on your seat and its legal but all this for a box of shells!?!?!

Hard to imagine there is that much private money out there to keep this buying up but I guess these pictures tell a story that doesnt seem to have any end in sight.

Gonna blow your mind guys.

What if all this anti-gun stuff is just the government's way of stimulating the economy? After all, part of the problem is that no one is spending money, man what a turn-around now!

Not that I really believe it, but I was sitting there thinking about this (jokingly) the other day. Probably pumped more money into the economy than any of the stimulus stuff. Plus firearms are one of the few things America still manufacturers.

Anyone have any figures on how many jobs the firearm industry has created in the past few years?

Gonna blow your mind guys.

What if all this anti-gun stuff is just the government's way of stimulating the economy? After all, part of the problem is that no one is spending money, man what a turn-around now!

Not that I really believe it, but I was sitting there thinking about this (jokingly) the other day. Probably pumped more money into the economy than any of the stimulus stuff. Plus firearms are one of the few things America still manufacturers.

Anyone have any figures on how many jobs the firearm industry has created in the past few years?

Obama killed the pipe line and they are going after fracking. They care not for the working man. There votes come from the entitlement crowd.The free "Obama phones" crowd.

Dicks in Easton was basically down to a few boxes of 44 mag and 357. Plenty of shotgun shells, but a limit of 3 boxes per customer. I looked a rummy 870 express and they wanted 525 for it. Not sure if that is a good pricey, but it seemed high to me

Obama killed the pipe line and they are going after fracking. They care not for the working man. There votes come from the entitlement crowd.The free "Obama phones" crowd.

...Basically my peers.

Hey, well my age group is like that because of how we were raised---and before someone says I'm being typical of my generation by not accepting responsibility, I'm one of the ones who does! haha!

Dicks in Easton was basically down to a few boxes of 44 mag and 357. Plenty of shotgun shells, but a limit of 3 boxes per customer. I looked a rummy 870 express and they wanted 525 for it. Not sure if that is a good pricey, but it seemed high to me

I REALLY want an 870, would trade my New Haven 600AT for one, $525 isn't that good. I believe they were about $425 when I was looking a few months back, and that might have been an express mag.

Dicks is a sporting goods store that happens to sell sons guns ...don't delude yourselves .....also how cab you actually spend your money there.....sheesh.

I mean, I'll stop there for clays if in a rush, or if Bob's is closed. Too bad there aren't THAT many stores in my area.

And besides, at this point I think people will get their ammo wherever they can find it. Will say the Turkey loads I bought from Bob's were only about $8 for 25 shells (Federal) which is about where it was before as far as I remember.

Dicks is a sporting goods store that happens to sell sons guns ...don't delude yourselves .....also how cab you actually spend your money there.....sheesh.

So I'd be better off not using the gift card I got? I think dicks would benefit more off of that.

That is a terrible price. Don't buy it...are you sure it was the express???

the 870 express should be 299, and at dicks they even have sales sometimes with a rebate from remington which gets it to 270 or so.

I saw 870s at the Dicks in Brick a few weeks back at the normal price.

That is a terrible price. Don't buy it...are you sure it was the express???

the 870 express should be 299, and at dicks they even have sales sometimes with a rebate from remington which gets it to 270 or so.

I saw 870s at the Dicks in Brick a few weeks back at the normal price.

Did it come with 2 barrels?

also how cab you actually spend your money there.....sheesh.

I can give them my money because they help put a roof over my head.. and food on my table... my fiance is employed there.. and does not have the luxury of up and leaving a job she has struggled to work hard and prove herself in... further I can give them my money because they charge me today ALMOST EXACTLY what they charged me pre-CT.... I walk in and out with HUNDREDS of rounds of ammo... with next to no hassle... and pay pre scare prices... its funny.. you just can't win.. someone always has something to be mad about..... someone has $15 mags for sale at $35 a piece.. and people yell about how they are capitalizing on CT and the scare and making bank.... a big chain (that is NOT primarily a gun store pulls a portion of its guns) while maintaining consistent pricing on the products they continue to carry.. and everyone screams about how they made a business choice they didnt agree with....

Well... if you got a giftcard there, you may as well spend it. That way Dick's doesn't make as much profit as they would if you didn't spend the giftcard.

They already have the money, to not spend it, then they get more money.

Either way, I'd still sooner support a gun-store that supports 2A rights.

I agree with Nick. Support your local FFL's who in turn support the second amendment...not their stockholders.

My local FFL is Shore Shot. You know, the ones selling spikes lowers for 385 and pmags for 50 right after Newton. Then they told everyone how much their costs went up. Odd, other ffls were only increasing prices slightly if at all.

Yeah, I'm not supporting those aholes. If I boycotted everyone who did something I didn't like my house wouldn't have anything in it.

Yes I'm willing to spend an extra buck or two to support the local guy, but when the local guy sucks you do something else. Dicks has had 5.56 for 8.99 a box. Not many places can say they even have 5.56.

That's interesting. I bought some 00Buck at Dicks in East Brunswick last week. They didn't ask for ID, no plastic box, just handed me the ammo and sent me to the register. I asked where the plastic box was and was told they were lightening up on that.

Sounds like that particular manager knows how much anti-Dick's sentiment is out there after their asshattedness following Newtown and is trying to keep customers.