johnott

Coincidence or conspiracy?

I'm not one who believes in or readily accepts conspiracy theories... but the huge spike in high profile shootings in the past 4-5 months seems to defy the odds. I know the media has focused heavily on firearm's in recent months but I've been following the local and national news for years and this "epidemic" of gun related deaths is statistically out of whack. Does anyone else feel that way?

I don't know the reason for it, but it is unusual and the timing is suspect. IMO.

Nope, it's just more reporting on situations that would otherwise go unnoticed. Do you remember the "Summer of the Shark"? It seemed like every beach had a swimmer get eaten, and the news had a story about another attack every day. Turns out? That summer was at or slightly below average for shark bite incidents.

Nope, it's just more reporting on situations that would otherwise go unnoticed. Do you remember the "Summer of the Shark"? It seemed like every beach had a swimmer get eaten, and the news had a story about another attack every day. Turns out? That summer was at or slightly below average for shark bite incidents.

This. There likely isn't any influx of shootings, but there likely is however in influx of reporting and media attention.

Also, you may be suffering from recency.

The media has an agenda to push. Its that simple. I remember reading an article somewhere about how the violent crime rate in Detroit had actually dropped yet the local news had a significant increase in violent crime news stories. It sells, it stirs the pot and supports a liberal agenda. Currently 6 companies own the majority of the media outlets in the US. TV, Radio, internet, and print. Is it a conspiracy? No. Do they have an agenda? Yes. Lets put it this way I watched CNN this morning and they had a debate about if the Constitution was actually supposed to be interpreted literally. Guess what the reason was... To break down the second amendment. I guess they figure The Bill of Rights are more guidelines than laws and if they have to they will take every amendment with them if they can't just take one.

Don't forget Pit Bulls. Been a while, but there was a time when every person in America was going to get killed by a Pit Bull. And Killer Bees. And Global Warming. And Pollution. Don't forget Acid Rain.

None of which are a constitutional right being voted out... Or essentially taking personal possessions through illegal legislature.... So basically what you guys are saying is "oh it's no big deal it's just reporters..doing what they do..."..... That about right?

The apparent conspiracy is in the reporting. Not that they get in a room and somebody stands up and says "lets f**k with gun owners" it's that, to belabor a metaphor, they are like sharks that smell blood in the water.

It's not a conspiracy that we are all going out and buying every black rifle, round of ammo and magazine that there is. We just can tell the way the winds blow. Same with them. They are mostly left leaning elites that see an opening to further their views. I don't even think it's an agenda. It's an environment created by our reelection of the incumbent.

So now a PA cop in Ramsey gets into a beef with his wife and gets arrested for an unpinned suppressor on a "The Most Evilest Ever Bushmaster". We all read about it in every rag that gets published in the area. When did you ever see the word "Bushmaster" in print before December 14 2012.

Liberal hacks. Pure and simple.

See y'all Wednesday.

None of which are a constitutional right being voted out... Or essentially taking personal possessions through illegal legislature.... So basically what you guys are saying is "oh it's no big deal it's just reporters..doing what they do..."..... That about right?

We're saying it's their right to report on what ever they want, and they can pick and choose what to report so long as it actually happened.. Their opinionated twist is their right, too. So yes, reporters be doing what they do, they report on what sells. Ratings Ratings Ratings... The only big deal is that it's pulling all the crazies out of the wood work, an unintended consequence which has been backfiring on both sides. Look at it this way, the media is full of Trolls...

Don't forget Pit Bulls. Been a while, but there was a time when every person in America was going to get killed by a Pit Bull. And Killer Bees. And Global Warming. And Pollution. Don't forget Acid Rain.

And let's not forget when every tire on a SUV was going to suddenly blow up on you when you went 50 mph.