Johnk-NJ

Will NJ go to 10 rounds IYHO?

I'd like to believe "no", but I've hedged my bet. When Cuomo passed his fiasco, the first thing I did was check that I had at least three 10 round mags for everything.

I've become more of a .45 ACP fan so I haven't purchased anything that came with more than a 10 round mag in the last 25 years.

Once you've outlawed 30s, there isn't much difference between 10 rounds and 15 rounds. But from the perspective of Christie's political career, the difference is huge. Those 5 rounds are enough to keep him off a national ticket. 10 rounds will not be received well in states like Arizona, Texas and Louisiana -- and that's enough to stop him from getting the VP job in 2016. In effect, he'll be committing Republican Party seppuku.

For this November, has some "cover" on keeping NJ at 15 in that Colorado is going to 15 and the NY Times reported that there is talk of a US Senate 15 round "compromise". (No mention of the House, where I'd think it's DOA.)

I'm concerned that he'll sign some others that are a RPITA but difficult to use against him in a primary campaign ad, like F2F ammo sales. The sales tax angle makes me think this will be one of the easiest for him to sign.

Christie is not a 2A guy. This is all about national Republican politics.

I hope No.

But I will wager. We will be handed the 'worst case senario' defeat tomorrow. Unfortunately, mark my words today (Weds 2-20-2013)

I'm sorry, but it will prolly get even worse in the nxt 15 years. I dont like it any more than you folks.

The fight isn't about tomorrow. Those votes were cast in December. I will be there tomorrow and have been at every event in Trenton and several others outside of Trenton. The question was not "will you stop fighting" "have you given up" nor "will you comply", because my answer to all 3 is no, hell no and no f-ing way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My biggest peeve isn't even if it is 10 or 15 rounds. Sorry but I just don't see much difference.

My biggest peeve is the LEO exceptions.

If 15 rounds are OMG EVIL :icon_twisted: then every NJSP, township LEO, sheriff, port authority, FBI, DHS and other federal agents which work in or travel through NJ roads should turn in their 15 round EVIL :icon_twisted: mags for 10 round mags.

My biggest peeve is the hypocrisy. And that goes for everything: carry, AWB, etc...

Only two things that I fear passing that might is capacity and internet ammo... internet ammo would ruin my cereal.

As far as extended background checks...we wait a week for nics and a month for a pistol permit.. what's another ten pounds of paperwork and a few more weeks waiting lol >_>

15 to10 isn't a matter of effecting me as much as it is a nonsense awnser to gun violence. I can't stand ignorance and all these people keep crapping out of their mouth is stupidity. These shooters recently have been holding a bit of weight.... what's another two or three mags??? Its just stupid that I'm wasting my tax dollars on "teams" of morons to come up with this crap. Scientific study vs monkeys with darts and cards... monkeys are cheaper.

And don't get me started on the hypocrites I can go all day.. As I stated on another post just a while ago ..apparently there is talks of a mandatory million dollar gun owner insurance in other states... If this is true who foots that bill for police departments? Are they exempt? ? Also is that for off duty fire arms as well... I hate to think Ill be paying for their insurance if that were to pass here.

I'm optimistic that it won't go that far, as it still has to go through the Senate and then through Christie. If it gets that far, and Christie doesn't veto, then I've lost any hope I have left in this state. At that point I'll make plans to GTFO of NJ, and enjoy my 30 round mags and non-NJ-compliant rifles in PA or VA. I'd still donate to NJ2AS though.

I am 100% certain it will pass the Assembly today -- we just don't have the votes there. I think there is a 30% chance it gets hung up in the Senate if Sweeney pushes back. I think a veto by Christie is 50/50.

We all like to talk about how 10 rounds may not be enough for self-defense, how it's easy for an assailant to swap mags or use a different type of gun, etc. All true. But I don't think those arguments hold anywater with people who are anti-gun (like most of the legislature) or neutral (as I believe Christie to be). I continue to believe that it is the lack of a grandfather clause -- the fact that this bill will result in the de facto confiscation of property and possibly rendering legally owned guns useless if no 10 round mags can be found -- could provide the cover for Sweeney and/or Christie to oppose it. If it is amended to include a grandfather clause as a compromise I am 100% certain it would pass.

It will pass today, but Senator Sweeny will jam it up in the Senate.

Did anybody notice Senator Norcross in the hearing room last Wednesday? I think he was there checking the way the wind was blowing. I think much of this is a show put on by Assemblywoman Oliver. The Assembly is sort of like kindergarden with lots of tantrums. The Senate is more dignified.

Senators Sweeny, Norcross, and VanDrew all know which way the wind is blowing and I don't think they will support this.

I am 100% certain it will pass the Assembly today -- we just don't have the votes there. I think there is a 30% chance it gets hung up in the Senate if Sweeney pushes back. I think a veto by Christie is 50/50.

We all like to talk about how 10 rounds may not be enough for self-defense

It's not about self defense or hunting. I'll guess the logic behind New York's 7 round limit is that's the magazine capacity of a GI 1911. And that worked well enough through two World Wars, Korea and Vietnam.

The issue is 2A and the gov't telling you you can't buy a 100-round magazine. Even if you think a 100-round magazine is too heavy and unreliable to use and a stupid idea. I think that's the way even Arizona, Louisiana and Texas Republican primary voters will see it. Even if the voters hunt with blocked mags themselves. If Christie signs 10 rounds, he'll have about the same chance of making it through the Republican primaries and to the Republican presidential ticket as Andrew Cuomo will.

(F2F ammunition sales are more of a personal concern, since New Jersey isn't like most states where you can just go to your local WalMart and fill a cart with ammo. The sales tax aspect makes me most concerned about this one.)

It will pass today, but Senator Sweeny will jam it up in the Senate.

Senators Sweeny, Norcross, and VanDrew all know which way the wind is blowing and I don't think they will support this.

No question about that! It will slide through the Assembly!

But I hope you're right about the Senate!

I think what Sweeney should want to do is embarrass Christie to prevent a bloodbath in the November elections and the question is how to do it. He might wait until Christie's task force gives it's recommendations, but then write a Senate bill or bills that give Christie what he asks for, but write the bills in such a way that he has to veto them. (Maybe I shouldn't suggest this, since I don't want it to happen, but I think they're smart enough to consider it.)