njbouncer

Does Anyone Have Ammo ?!?!?

Hey West Virginia is home. Lighten up there guy. Was just messing around.

You might want to edit your post again, because "your" grammer is wrong after you edited it and re-edited it.

Problem is singular, however the is and are "are" highlighting the multiple hoarders and not the problems. Problems isn't the noun, its the hoarders. Stop getting drunk and being rude on the forumns. Its kinda like drunk dialing your ex, its not gonna work out.

And cabelas had a bunch of 7mm-08 available this morning.

Oh I know!! I have the solution.

You will all be issued ammo ration coupons. When the truck pulls up at the government distribution facility, you will line up in an orderly (or not so orderly) line with your coupon. You will get your share of whatever is on the truck. Because you don't know when you will get your next ration coupon or when the next truck will arrive, you will take whatever you can get, even some weird ass ammo that no one has a gun for. You'll take it because you will figure that you will be able to trade it for something else you may need, either right now or in the future, after all, ammo doesn't really go bad. If you're lucky, you will be able to trade your corrosive primer 7.62x25 ammo can for some decadent American blue jeans from the evil capitalist black market dealer on the corner, or maybe, oh if you're really lucky, for some American cigarettes...

Oh I'm sorry, that example was right out of 1980's USSR and related countries...

Keep talking about how it "should" be and how the government should regulate people. :rolleyes:

This is just another reason to be glad I'm moving out of NJ next week....

:bye:

So you are pissed that people with cash have bought ammo and in your opinion, too much ammo.

You are pissed, that YOU waited too long to stock up.

I see that you share many of the "it is about me" complaints that Obama supporters have.

And the people that saw this coming for the last 5 years are supposed to redistribute their wealth to benefit you? Got it.

"Expect the best, plan for the worst and prepare to be surprised" - Denis Waitley

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Edit - - As of this morning Natchez has some 7-08. This is managed recoil so your man-gina doesn't get jarred during recoil. If you saved your drinking money for ammo, you might be able to afford more boxes at these prices. Priorities.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=RT27660&lsrc=NZ&utm_source=NZ&src=BE1144&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=03212013Remington

Oh I'm sorry, that example was right out of 1980's USSR and related countries...

The one with the rifle shoots! The one without follows him! When the one with the rifle gets killed, the one who is following picks up the rifle and shoots!

Wow...what a bunch of ***holes you guys are.

You hoarders ARE the problem.....not me.

Most of us have our ammo stashed for months already. Are there opportunists out there? Hell yes. Do all of us fit in your a**hole category? Sometimes. I wonder, do you **** the same about the guy who buys all the tickets from TicketMaster? Or the fact that you can't find a generator at Home Depot during a storm? Or a snowblower at Home Depot after a blizzard? And what are all those symptoms of?

Oh right, failure to prepare on your part.

RANT ON ..Wow.. People are really starting to surprise me..If you walk into a store and buy all the calibers you dont even have a gun for..or are sitting in front if stores hours before they open..hoping for a truck then Im sorry but you have a problem.. And the free market shouldnt rely on "connections " or "timing".. Thats called a black market.. Buy all you want.. I aint stopping ya...blast away... Got money to burn., have at it.... make furniture out if the cases...Dealer just told me on another forum that Remington already sold all their green box backorder allotment for the year... . The problem is hoarders can never say when enough is enough..Comes down to self control.. Manufacturers see the buying and say.. Why drop the price?..we've probably reset the price of ammo to close to where it is now with the insatiable demand...and lets stop with the finger wagging and back patting with those that "prepped" one because youre all still buying the sh@t out of ammo and Two. if the majority of shooters had followed the "prep model" ammo would have been out of stock for the last 5 years..imagine 100 million gun owners "prepping" with the hoarding mentality..that would work well...RANT OFF...sorry didnt get much sleep last night ;)

Just feel the need to be Capt. Obvious here for those that are missing the big picture.

The OP needed some help finding ammo and people started to provide help and even an offering of some private stash ammo. Some chimed in bitching about their dislike of the current situation and felt the need to flame those that had some coin or were forward thinkers. FWIW - My buddy scored a 1k rounds of 9mm and 45ACP last night on line so it is out there.

Many of us saw this coming and is why we stocked up. Most of us own several common calibers of firearms so we will essentially never be completely without ammo for a firearm. 7mm-08 isn't one of those.

Supply and Demand will balance out at some point. I think it is safe to say that 90% of the ammo buyers are not the extreme buyers that they are being presented to be. I for one am not buying anything for stuff I don't own. I get a lot more value buying reloading supplies.

Throw in some big orders for DHS / GSA / and other agencies, plus a war going on, restocking from Iraq, resupplying for the next two or three wars, a dictator in the White House and we have the perfect storm for ammo shortages. Don't forget that the tens or hundreds of thousands of new shooters who are now buying ammo also play a part in this.

At some point, people will run out of room and finances to purchase more ammo. Gun Store stock will start aging and gathering dust at some point, production lines will resume a normal work week and prices will drop with the increased supply. Economics 101 here.

I'm also sure, many of us no longer shoot as many rounds at the range as we used to before this crunch. Me, I reload the Speer Plastic Bullets that are reusable and are fired and driven by only the primer for my practice sessions. This allows me to save my 'real' ammo. A HUGE thanks to NJ-Joni for turning me on to these years ago during a ARF get together shoot in South Jersey.

OP - Good luck with your search. It is out there, you just have to look a little harder and longer to get what you need. As of this morning, I saw a bunch of 357 at Melzers when I stopped in, but that is probably too far north to do you any good. I stopped in because I was working across the street at Boro Hall.

Rolling Stones, "You may not always get what you want, but you can get what you need"

Looking at this thread, the majority of people were trying to help you out and it seems you got some good information. Like most times, a couple of whiners piss in the thread and get all butt-hurt when they get told to stay in their lane.

Stay safe out there bouncing. I've done more then my fair share of it and know all too well there is always one person that seems to catch you by surprise. And crazy cat fights are the most dangerous to break up.

Cheers.

As I said on another thread, if it's getting this ugly with a shortage of ammo (or gasoline last fall after Sandy), imagine what it's going to be like when (not IF, but WHEN) the shelves of the grocery stores are empty. I would strongly urge everyone to put aside some food, at least enough to last for a few days.

Just sayin'..

Hey if you get into a jam Im sure someone here will step up. I’ve been able to locate ammo at fair prices not the best not the worst but fair given the time. Got to work outside the Box. Tell ya what I wouldn’t get caught again.

This has been some funny shit....sounds like a little too much sand in the clam if you know what I mean.

The reality is noone can go and purchase all they want anymore at any stores and "hoard"...

When would you think Cabelas would put a 5 box limit on purchases? And even if you do go to a big box store and wait hours in advance, you are still limited to 1 bulk box or three 50 rounders if anything even comes in.

Whole situation is sad.

I may be grabbing a part time job at a local outdoor supply store. I will be sure to post alerts of ammo and primer shipments if the schedule works out for me.

Ramsey Outdoor?

Looking at this thread, the majority of people were trying to help you out and it seems you got some good information. Like most times, a couple of whiners piss in the thread and get all butt-hurt when they get told to stay in their lane.

Stay safe out there bouncing. I've done more then my fair share of it and know all too well there is always one person that seems to catch you by surprise. And crazy cat fights are the most dangerous to break up.

Cheers.

Thanks !!. I have been bouncing for almost 13 years and retired last year. I still worl the 'Bamboozle & Warped Tours' but am getting to old for mosh pits and crowd surfers !!!...im sure we both have a shitload of stories we can tell, lol !

I did get some GREAT info from the thread and can't beleive what a great bunch of people are on here and always willing to help. I was just surprised to see all the BS !!!...I guess thats in every forum :)