iRescue

AP reports $60K in damage to NY Capitol lawn after pro-gun rally

This is BS. The AP is reporting that there was $60K in damage to the NY Capitol's lawn after a pro-gun rally in opposition to the NYSAFE law. It was raining and sleeting that day and there were thousands of people in attendance - what did you think was going to happen?!

Do you think they would have reported this or the NY govt would have made the information available if it had been a PRO GUN CONTROL rally?!?! NO WAY!

ALBANY - State officials say it will cost tens of thousands of dollars to repair damage to the grass in a downtown Albany park where opponents of New York's gun control law staged a large rally outside the Capitol.

Office of General Services spokeswoman Heather Groll says Tuesday that it will cost an estimated $60,000 to replace the grass in West Capitol Park, including $30,000 for materials and another $30,000 for labor.

More than 5,000 opponents of the state's new gun control law staged a rally in the park Feb. 28. Rain and sleet on the day of the rally helped turn the lawn into a muddy mess. Groll said repair work has begun and the area is blocked off. New sod is expected to be put down later this month.

Probably.... but that's what the government considers a good deal on a 25 lb bag of seed and a day laborer to plant it...

I'm sure the numbers exaggerated just to make us look bad.

How funny is that? We both had the same thoughts at the same time... Fooking scary...

It wouldn't cost that much to fix. That's just what they're going to spend fixing a few missing patches of grass.

They are laying down all new sod. Grass is pretty much dormant right now, they should have just seeded it, and waited till it actually starts growing to see how bad/good it actually is. I'm willing to bet it's not that bad, but of course they didn't include a picture of the grass now, just one of the "crazy gun nuts" standing on it.

I could believe 60k labor if they hired expensive contractors that overcharge the state for everything.

The cost of the job is actually $50. The rest is for the environmental impact study, permits, and fulfillment of union obligations.

I could believe 60k labor if they hired expensive contractors that overcharge the state for everything.

It's probably Cuomo's personal friend who owns the landscaping company. Also the engineering costs, the studies to determine if it's feasible to replace the sprinkler system now, soil studies, I'm surprised it's only 60K :lol:

$60K?

How many acres of grass are they claiming need to be resodded? you can do a lot of sodding for $60K

If the material cost $30,000 and sod could be had for $.25 a square foot delivered, you're talking nearly 3 acres.......... I doubt that's the case. So they're either way over paying for the sod or grossly exaggerating the actual cost.

It's probably Cuomo's personal friend who owns the landscaping company. Also the engineering costs, the studies to determine if it's feasible to replace the sprinkler system now, soil studies, I'm surprised it's only 60K :lol:

You forgot to mention that he was a big campaign donor too.

$60K?

How many acres of grass are they claiming need to be resodded? you can do a lot of sodding for $60K

If the material cost $30,000 and sod could be had for $.25 a square foot delivered, you're talking nearly 3 acres.......... I doubt that's the case. So they're either way over paying for the sod or grossly exaggerating the actual cost.

Bingo!!!

civilians got their rights trampled so they trampled the lawn in return. not even close to a fair trade and they still whine. besides all the biased reports out there (which was all of them) say how little amount of people showed up to these things. but now there were so many they caused an insane amount of damage to a little bit of grass? next article about this will say all the damage was done with evil assault rifles that double as flame throwers.