Ray Ray

Top 5 gun shootouts in movies

Band of Brothers - any?

Ardennes Forest battles?

I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like for real in that firefight, for a month, in sub freezing temps.

Two moment from Saving private Ryan come to mind. Tom Sizemore and the German officer confront one another and both have malfunctions.

And right before the fight between mellish and the German in the house, the gunner shoots through the plaster wall taking down a German soldier on the stairs.

Just interesting to show what is good cover how the rounds penetrate.

First, no fight scenes in movies are real or legit. I used Conair to compare the actors fight scene to the pig scene and others in Red... Conair was not a reference to a gun fight. There were no fight scenes in Expendables or am I missing your point?

I was talking legit movies with REAL fighting scenes.

Equalibrium? :facepalm:

Con Air? :facepalm:

Expendables? :facepalm:

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

As said above. Heat has to be the longest and most convincing shoot out in any movie. That scene mad me buy a surround sound system just to watch it again and again

You just gave me dejavu when you mentioned surround sound. Watching in DTS was awesome!

I can't believe you gentlemen forgot to mention 99% of CHOW YUN FAT movies has gun shoot outs

Specially - "Hard Boiled" I don't know any other movie that has more shoot outs than that. Maybe there is but I can't think of any

I'm really disappointed on you gun fanatics for not mentioning this movie, this should be number one on your list. I even have the special edition of this DVD. Tisk tisk tisk!

Place a BIG disappointed face here ______

As said above. Heat has to be the longest and most convincing shoot out in any movie. That scene mad me buy a surround sound system just to watch it again and again

I 2nd that..listening to the brass hit the ground is beyond awesome.

I 2nd that..listening to the brass hit the ground is beyond awesome.

I enjoyed the echoing in the streets.

I can't believe you gentlemen forgot to mention 99% of CHOW YUN FAT movies has gun shoot outs

Specially - "Hard Boiled" I don't know any other movie that has more shoot outs than that. Maybe there is but I can't think of any

I'm really disappointed on you gun fanatics for not mentioning this movie, this should be number one on your list. I even have the special edition of this DVD. Tisk tisk tisk!

Place a BIG disappointed face here ______

Great movie. I too have the special edition. Classic raw movie magic. Helped me in deciding on my 92FS. :)

We Were Soldiers

Moore: "Round trip by chopper's thirty minutes. That means the first sixty men on the ground wil be there a half hour alone. Son of a ****. Think maybe you oghtta get yourself that M-16."

Plumley: "Time comes I need one, sir, there'll be plenty of 'em lying on the ground."

Heat

Saving Private Ryan

Young Guns

Black Hawk Down

We Were Soldiers

Moore: "Round trip by chopper's thirty minutes. That means the first sixty men on the ground wil be there a half hour alone. Son of a ****. Think maybe you oghtta get yourself that M-16."

Plumley: "Time comes I need one, sir, there'll be plenty of 'em lying on the ground."

Heat

Saving Private Ryan

Young Guns

Black Hawk Down

Yup, D-day in Saving Private Ryan was a driving factor in the building of my surround system. The whizzing sound of rounds flying all around you and the sound of them hitting people, the tank traps, water and sand was chilling to say the least. Kind of gives you a sense of the balls those guys had, running head-long into MG42 bursts across and open beach like that.