Old Dog

Obama just got a big FU

Maybe now Obama will just keep his mouth shut and stop using distraught women and children to do his arguing for him. If he cannot even pass a bill through the Senate, it is a strong message that no one really likes him except the woman and tree huggers that voted for him. I still believe that he won his second term because the Republicans did not field a good candidate rather than on his own merits.

strong message that no one really likes him except the woman and tree huggers that voted for him.

YEP! exactly.. I enjoyed seeing him whining on tv and biden weeping.. kind of felt like we were getting him back for taking the election from Romney.

Maybe we can focus on mental health now. I know this is controversial and I have flip flopped on this quite a bit, but I think we, the public, need to know what medications, if any, these mass murders are on. I have read many doctors claim the psychotic drugs are making folks more violent and the press seems to be insulating big pharma from the scrutiny.

I support privacy, but I think we need to know in these cases of mass homicide.

Maybe we can focus on mental health now. I know this is controversial and I have flip flopped on this quite a bit, but I think we, the public, need to know what medications, if any, these mass murders are on. I have read many doctors claim the psychotic drugs are making folks more violent and the press seems to be insulating big pharma from the scrutiny.

I'm a gun owner, and maybe I should just post online what medications I'm taking!

YEP! exactly.. I enjoyed seeing him whining on tv and biden weeping.. kind of felt like we were getting him back for taking the election from Romney.

Heck, we should have all fired our shotguns outside all at once to celebrate. Not only would it be like fireworks but it would also scare off every criminal and rapist in the area. :)

I do not think the problem is medications and mental illness. If you do your research you will find that mentally ill patients may do things that get a lot of press but they account for a very small percentage of gun deaths. Singe digit percentages. The problem is figuring out what is ailing our society that makes people want to kill. We act as if only the mentally ill use guns to kill as we fire a drone into a civilian populated area to kill a single terrorist and count the dead children as collateral damage. You do not have to be crazy to kill and in fact, the overwhelming majority of killing is done by sane people. Let's stop making the mentally ill the scapegoats here as that is no different than putting blame for the ills of a society on a race or religion.

As for the drug issue, most prescription drugs have beneficial effects on those who take them or they would be pulled from the market immediately if there effects were so common and obvious. Some have unwanted side effects but no matter how many, it still is a minority of people taking that drug. We argue that it is not right to punish those who obey the law for the sins of the few criminals who abuse it when it comes to gun control. The same applies to those who take legal drugs. Should we exclude anyone who takes a drug from owning a gun because 1% of the people who take it have bad side effects that may make them violent? When we start passing laws based on the actions of a few, we are doomed as a nation and letting ourselves be controlled by the few bad apples in our nation. I think that the terrorist have already won because we bankrupted our country by pouring billions into security and taking precautions against anything that is possible. We let ourselves be searched an undressed to fly in a plane. How much do we spend in money and giving up our rights to save a life? Do we spend a billion dollars to save one live? How about two lives? Like it or not, life is a risk and we have to let it remain that way because we cannot remove all risk and danger without giving up our liberty and freedom. Word!

Maybe now Obama will just keep his mouth shut and stop using distraught women and children to do his arguing for him. If he cannot even pass a bill through the Senate, it is a strong message that no one really likes him except the woman and tree huggers that voted for him. I still believe that he won his second term because the Republicans did not field a good candidate rather than on his own merits.

Your "opinion" on Romni is fine - but you didn't give any "reason" for your opinion (NP this is what usually goes on on internet forumns :-))...My opinion: Romni is top shelf. My reason: look at his cridentials of runing business - it is steller...My opinion/reason why he lost" Predudice: First off there is bias against him on the right cause he is a Morman; Second there was bias against him on the left cause his tickit had no "diversity" in it...Also he is too much of a gentleman..He was much better than 4 yeras ago, but he didn't go for juggler in the debates. He needed to match Oboma's nastyness, lies, etc....So if that is what yo mean by "good candidate" perhapes I can agree...But he would have made a great pres IMHOPINION.

Your "opinion" on Romni is fine - but you didn't give any "reason" for your opinion (NP this is what usually goes on on internet forumns :-))...My opinion: Romni is top shelf. My reason: look at his cridentials of runing business - it is steller...My opinion/reason why he lost" Predudice: First off there is bias against him on the right cause he is a Morman; Second there was bias against him on the left cause his tickit had no "diversity" in it...Also he is too much of a gentleman..He was much better than 4 yeras ago, but he didn't go for juggler in the debates. He needed to match Oboma's nastyness, lies, etc....So if that is what yo mean by "good candidate" perhapes I can agree...But he would have made a great pres IMHOPINION.

A couple of things. #1 they are not serious about "protecting the children" or the effort would have looked much different. Their attempt was to pass ANYTHING that would hurt, tax, or inconvenience conservatives and progressives that go against thier program and buy guns.

#2 - "Gun violence" as they like to call it, would not be affected AT ALL by what was proposed.

#3 - The only way to significantly reduce deaths where guns are involved is to WADE INTO the bubbling, drug-infested areas where there is no respect for human life, take the guns, take the drugs, and make them live like normal people. "Gun violence" would be reduced by half with only gross measures. With an effort, it could go much lower- 60-75%. But there are a lot of reasons they do not want to do that, nor even ADMIT there's a problem (can you say, "Chicago"?).

#4 - Obama will not quit. Prepare for any and all executive orders that can restrict anything to do with guns, ammo, mental health, etc. and NONE of it will curtail crazy criminals from their acts, but they WILL affect law abiding conservatives who dare not to bow to his majesty.

There is only one thing that should be engaged in. And that's how to fix and strengthen the criminal system. There are so many dumb excuses why criminals are not in jail.

One big excuse is, "Our prison systems are over crowded"... Answer to this is... Start using the death penalty that have been convicted of a murder with proof beyond a shadow of a doubt.

IF a credible witness like a cop sees a murder, why should this person be allowed for appeals, possible paroles, and everything else? No paroles, no appeals, just death.

Then there is the liberal idiots that want these people to go to jail and when the system wants to build new prisons, they start crying out NIMBY! Remember that from the George Carlin skits? Not In My Backyard!

Bottom line, if the govt would take all the money they waste on stupid bullsh*t like this, we might be able to control our crime issues instead of blowing smoke up people's arse with deceptions and lies. It's even more sad that these liberal, tree hugging dipsh*ts are actually ignorant enough to believe what they hear. So get our asses out to the middle of one of our largest deserts and build the biggest mofo max security prison and start ending the vermin's lives. We pay taxes, stop wasting our money!

Oblama said that the NRA lies to us. Really? Who is deceiving who here? Telling people that 90% of America wants gun control? Out of what? A poll that may have canvased a very small majority of people in this country? This is gospel to him? WTF on that!

FIX OUR CRIMINAL SYSTEM! Nothing else is needed!

In spite of all the faux tears -- Obama can probably count to 100, so what did anyone think was going to happen when the bill went to the House? This is about the 2014 elections. (Hoping to distract voters from the full impact of Obamacare in 2014. I don't think the smoke and mirrors will work, but I'm no expert.)

Loughner, Hasan, Lanza and Holmes weren't the guy next door taking some medication for anxiety or depression.

They were bat**** crazy, and this was obvious to everyone around them, including, in a couple of instances, the police. The jihadi Major even spouted his craziness in front of a bunch of psychiatrists, and they didn't do anything about it. We've become so open minded about mental illness that out brains have fallen out.

If the police need to take someone to jail for bad behavior, it's reported and they can be prevented from purchasing a gun. If the police need to take someone to the ER for bad behavior, it seems reasonable to ask for an explanation before letting them purchase a gun.

esq-shooters-1212-xlg.jpg

post-5695-136625973382_thumb.jpg

The video of their news conference was priceless. They looked like school children that just got spanked. Biden was the best. The shameful aspect I saw was the way they whore out the kids in their propaganda show. What a class act - NOT!

The video of their news conference was priceless. They looked like school children that just got spanked. Biden was the best. The shameful aspect I saw was the way they whore out the kids in their propaganda show. What a class act - NOT!

This is the most thin skinned, immature, bunch of crybabies I think we've ever seen in control of our govt. They don't care about The People or The Constitution, only about there own ideology. They are driven by their hate for this country and their hate for The Constitution. As well as their mental illness.